December 2016 Moms
Options

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 6.27.16

What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  

What is your fitness goal this week?  

Any challenges this week?  

How did you do with your goals last week?  

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Eat a salad (or something green) every day this week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 6.27.16

• Options
    Oooh I can finally play without shame this week!

Just eat moderately healthy. Try to eat more veggies.   

To force myself to workout at leadt 3 times. 

None I can see other than life. 

I didn't set goals but I did really well. 
    Monday- elliptical 
    Tuesday- squats
    Wednesday- Does 5 hours of fishing count? I also did a bike ride, and walked a bit with a toddler strapped to my chest. 
    Thursday- A long walk carrying a baby. 
    Friday- Another walk
    Saturday- weights to the point that I'm still having trouble moving. 

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit?
    I'd prefer outdoors, but with this weather...

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  cut the junk... which is my usually weekly goal.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Just to be active a couple times. I can maybe get 3, but may push for 4 workouts. My plan is:

Monday - none... facial/prenatal massage scheduled
    Tuesday - either treadmill walk/jog or 21 Day Fix Upper Fix with modifications for ground stuff on my back
    Wednesday - Zumba
    Thursday - whatever I didn't end up doing Tuesday
    Friday - none
    Saturday - Will try for a walk in the morning (inside or out), or a yoga video
    Sunday - Same as Saturday

Any challenges this week?  Facial/massage today so no physical activity. That is about it, as long as nothing randomly comes up.

How did you do with your goals last week?  OK. I went to the gym twice (Zumba, Mon and Thurs) and that was it. Fatigue has been horrible lately, so naps or just laying down, in general, seem much more appealing.

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit? Gym rat. I don't mind outdoor stuff, but like my classes and the occasional machine. I feel jogging (I wouldn't consider what I do running), is more evenly paced inside, where when I've jogged outside, I am all over the place and tire myself out more. But, as long as it's not super hot out now, I don't mind a good long walk outside.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Eat a salad (or something green) every day this week. I'll try sticking with getting some vegetables in each day.

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal this week? Don't go crazy on sugar, eat more vegetables.

What is your fitness goal this week? Keep going to all the fitness classes offered. I already sort of broke this one this morning, as I opted to take another day of rest after a really hard Saturday workout that I'm still feeling everywhere, but I did take a three-mile walk instead. Win.

Any challenges this week? Just the fact that everything hurts. :/ Also, I've been getting headaches! I don't know if it's pregnancy-related or just caffeine withdrawal. Ibuprofen is my bae normally, so I've just been suffering through.

How did you do with your goals last week? Great fitness-wise, meh food-wise. And I still have 4/5ths of a tray of the world's greatest mac n cheese left in my fridge.

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit? More of a gym rat. I like exercise classes, because I feel like I push myself harder. I also love lifting, but I've been too terrified to get into Crossfit. Maybe after baby is born.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I'm pretty happy with how I've been doing in this department. I'm pretty much eating the same as I ate before, which I considered to be overall healthy. There's plenty of occasional treats, but everything in moderation, right?

Same as before. Run twice, walk twice. I'd like to incorporate more core exercises too..anyone have any suggestions?

Nope
    Good!

Gym/home, with hiking thrown in when it's cool out. I used to go to the gym and enjoyed Zumba and the stair climber in addition to the treadmill, but when I cancelled the membership to save money, I didn't miss it too much. I actually got in the best physical shape of my life (I'm talking visible abs) by running and doing free videos on youtube from Fitness Blender. 

Shouldn't be a problem. Probably won't be a salad, but definitely will have a green veggie of some type every day. 
  • Options
    No fried food (chips incl). Seriously limit refined sugar. No bacon or sausage.
    Today - elyptical and strength. Tues - off or swim in afternoon. Wed - elyptical and strength. Thurs - strength and stretch. Fri - hike. Sat - yoga and something else... Sun - off
    Comparatively, no.
    Fitness -ok. I skipped a workout because a call that went too long and then missed a hike because the park was "at capacity." Nutrition - trash. It's like because I was finally able to really eat again I went hog wild. Gotta put a stopper on that behavior! Too much sugar, too many heavy things... I don't fault myself too hard, not being able to eat much makes you crazy when you can eat again... but I need to readjust immediately.
    Both - in the gym I focus more on balancing my support muscles and keeping things in line. Outside I have a lot more fun but tend to do very quad heavy things.
    Yes! I will.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  eat healthy and get more protein in

What is your fitness goal this week?  go to the gym 2x per week and do a home workout at least once

Any challenges this week?  just fatigue and heat

How did you do with your goals last week?  decent. I went to the gym once (better than none) and my diet was decent....except for the ungodly amount of goldfish crackers I consumed but other than that ok. 

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit? NEITHER! Lol. If I HAD to pick, gym because they have A/C

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Eat a salad (or something green) every day this week. - UGHH!!! Do avacado's count? I've been eating tons of avo's lately. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Update... I may get a quick workout in tonight, as I found out that the place I had my facial/massage scheduled failed to schedule me for the actual massage, so now it's just a facial. I scheduled it at 5 DUE to the massage time being available at 6. But, whatevs... it'll probably just be a treadmill walk at home now.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options

Keep eating a balanced diet. Drink 100-150 ounces of water per day. 

Walk or run 15 miles. Swim some laps to prepare for an upcoming swim/run race. Maybe do some strength. Hit 10k steps per day. 

The monsoons have started so my 2pm workout time (approved through work, I get 3 hours per week of paid "wellness" time) is always at risk. It may mean more treadmill time than I'd like. 

Not too bad. I did not hit 10k steps every day but averaged 11.5k over the week. 

totally prefer outside. Even in 110 degrees. Even in the rain (without lightning). But we own a professional grade treadmill , have a pool, and have free access to a military gym with lap pool...so I can workout if the weather is bad. I have noticed I put a lot more effort in for outside workouts. 

I did this last week. I typically do it 1 week a month.  No salads for me this week, but I'll try at least for a veggie every day. 

Question: anyone else getting uterine cramps while running (or a decent intensity workout)? I had them last pregnancy and they scared me so I quit running. I'm gonna ask my doctor on Friday about it but I was just curious...I can't be the only one. I'm hydrated, and they go away about 15 minutes after I sit down. No bleeding or increased discharge. Just a cramp. My belly gets rock hard. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    jandd2014jandd2014 member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe if I jump into this thread, I'll hold myself a little more accountable to being healthier. :smile:

eat a little better, especially not so much ice cream! ha

What is your fitness goal this week?  workout at least three days, and walk the dogs at least two other days

Any challenges this week?  tomorrow is our anniversary, so probably wont workout and might go out to a yummy dinner

How did you do with your goals last week?  Just ok. Worked out twice, plus some short yoga videos, and started drinking healthy-ish smoothies every week day

GTKY:  Are you a gym rat or do you prefer outdoor activities as a way to stay fit? I like a little bit of both. I like to hike, go for bike rides, and swim, but I also like workout classes at the gym.

I started drinking smoothies daily last week but they are mostly fruit and some spinach, so I will try to eat at least one more serving of veggies every day.

@sourlemon when I swim laps, my uterus feels full, like a lot of pressure. I wouldn't call it cramps, but it's only when I'm swimming and goes away a few minutes after I stop.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    to stop eating so many treats because "I can" because I'm pregnant
    To get in 4 workouts.  
    I would call the class I taught last night 1/2 a workout.  I held back from any running/sprinting because my uterus was cramp.  I don't think I drank enough water. 
    meals are starting to look healthier, so that's a plus! 
    outdoor activities plus group fitness classes.  
    zucchini yesterday! Kale in my smoothie today! 
  • Options

@sourlemon I read your response after I replied.  Yes! I go through weeks where I get cramps and weeks where I am fine.  I'm wondering if it's just how the baby is sitting or what? I was convinced I wasn't hydrated enough, but maybe that's not it. 
  • Options
    @FitTris yesterday was horrible. I actually had to stop and sit on the side of the road. It felt different then usual, more like pressure on my pelvic floor. That I think was caused by having to pee a little and maybe the baby position but it scared me.  Usually I can work through it cuz it's a familiar feeling ...but it still sucks. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!