January 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 6.28.16

What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions?

When is your next appointment?

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 6.28.16

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 13 weeks! Second trimester! Woooo. Baby is the size of a lemon, although all the articles on The Bump and a few other sites say peach, so I don't know.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I'm just trying to clean up legal matters before the baby gets here. We need to buy a house and I found out yesterday (well, several days ago, but in detail yesterday) that I apparently never filed a state tax return in 2011 so the state took it upon themselves to file a substitute return for me without considering any money that was withheld in my paychecks that year :| So they think I owe them thousands of dollars and the reality is that I probably owe them $15 at most. But I have to get a CPA and tax attorney involved and I have to just go ahead and pay off all of this money that will probably get refunded to me because it's currently in lien status... thanks to the fact that this happened in a different state that I don't live in anymore so they couldn't reach me the whole time they were filing it... and we have to get that done before applying for a mortgage. Better to get this stuff done while there is no baby yet, but hooo boy, stress. I figure this is probably just a trial run for if we have any craziness with hospital bills after delivery :):):) If I can do this, I can probably deal with THAT.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions? I'm just thrilled to make it to second tri. 

When is your next appointment? Boring 14-week appointment on July 8. We meet the OB for the first time. I think it's just a "we take your blood and measure your weight" kind of appointment though.

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why? Probably Orange is the New Black for now. I love the snarky dialogue and how it doesn't draw attention to itself. Though I'm not terribly feeling Season 4 (I'm halfway through it). Dark secret: I have only seen two seasons of Game of Thrones. I love the show but I just don't have the time or attention span to sit down and watch something with such intensity so often. A bunch of my coworkers told me they binge-watched GoT their 3rd trimester when there was little else to do so.... 

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 13 weeks! My podcast described the baby's size as an espresso cup. I used to work at Starbucks so it's a relatable size for me. Peanut has finger prints now and his/her body is slowly catching up to that giant head!

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I think we're going to announce the pregnancy on social media this weekend.  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions? Last night I went outside and watered all the plants and set up the sprinkler. DH was shocked. I'm just happy my energy is starting to return! Also holy hunger! I'm hungry allllll the time! The occasional wave of nausea still hits, but it's happening less often everyday. Lastly, this bump has popped. I swear it just showed up while I was sleeping Saturday night. Very strange but exciting!

When is your next appointment? Sometime in July. Just my standard 4 week check in.

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why? I'm not sure I actually have a favorite show. I usually binge watch Friends and Chopped on Netflix. I just finished OITNB. 

• Loading the player...
  • What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 9 weeks, the size of an Eastern tailed blue butterfly 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? We're currently on vacation visiting family, but when we get back home I'm probably going to start cleaning/organizing the future baby room. We did start an Amazon registry but it just has one item on it, and we basically only made it because a family member showed us this awesome stroller/carseat thing on there and we wanted to remember it. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions? I'm not sure if it's normal to have a "blump" this big at only 9 weeks...when I got up to leave from my friends' house last night, the husband said, "oh wow, you already have a baby bump!" And I was like, "no....that's just the burger I had for dinner..." I guess my rant is I feel/look like I'm just gaining a ton of fat right there in my stomach because MS has made me eat like shit and not be able to exercise much. 

When is your next appointment? Meeting the OB on July 6th. Potentially an exciting appointment because I might be able to get a signed form to get me out of the military early since they're pretty much screwing me right now (woooo!)

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why? I've always loved That 70's Show (can pretty much quote every episode word for word), but lately I've really been into Broad City, it's so hilarious. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

11 weeks! Baby is the size of a lime! 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Not really baby related, but finishing my kitchen remodel that we have been doing for about a year now! We re-did the cabinets by making custom cabinet doors and painting them white. We are now going to put the granite counter top in! Not going into debt for a kitchen remodel was important so finally having the money to get one step closer to being finished with the biggest project we have ever done, is pretty nice. 

I feel pretty good honestly. I have a bit more energy and my hunger is leveling off. I do have a question, how did you or how do you plan to tell your work about pregnancy? I have my 1-on-1 with my boss next week so I plan on telling him then. I have run through it in my head 1000 times and I can't figure out how to bring up the subject, I know I am just overthinking it. But I can just imagine having word vomit and my boss being like '"Huh? what?" lol What about your co-workers? how did you tell them. I work in IT so there are a lot of guys that probably just don't care.  My team is mostly women so I will probably bring in cupcakes and tell them, but other than that I might just let the word get out and the tummy do the talking. 

July 19th. I think this is where I have all the blood work and all the pap-smears and that "fun" stuff. I also have a referral for a first trimester screening, but the place hasn't called me and the doctor said they would call within the week. I didn't care to have the screening, but my doctor talked me into it because of the extra ultrasound. But, if they don't call me, meh.

I like lots of TV shows. GoT, Veep, Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, all favorites. I like just about anything. I tend to go for more fluff, but DH got me into GoT so I watch that too.

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 12 weeks! Baby is the size of a toy soldier. We got the results of my genetic testing back today and thankfully everything was normal! But that also means we found out that...

I thought I was destined to be a mom to a boy, so I have only ever envisioned my life that way. I am pleasantly surprised! There have literally been no boys born into my family in several generations, so it's kind of funny that there's yet another girl! <3

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? Now that I'm nearing the finish line of the first trimester and our extended families know (or will know this weekend)...I expect we will start doing a lot more. I can feel the nesting mode coming on!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions? Thank goodness my morning sickness is finally subsiding! Starting to get energy back as well. Perhaps this is a sign of a good second trimester to come?

When is your next appointment? July 18th.

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why? I don't really have an all time favorite as it changes over time. My current obsession is, of course, Game of Thrones. Loved the season finale! DH pointed out that the next time we see a new episode of GoT is after baby will be here! :o

Me & DH: Late 20's
    Together: 10 years, Married: 3 years
    TTC #1: January 2016
    BFP!!! 5/6/2016
    EDD: 1/10/2017
    It's a girl! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 13 weeks - hello 2nd trimester!  Baby is the size of a lemon.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?  Nothing yet.  I know I'm going to be in full nursery planning mode when we find out the sex, so I'm just relaxing right now.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions?  I'm so excited to be through this first trimester!  I'm finally no longer waking up feeling like I barely slept.

When is your next appointment?  16 weeks for regular every 4-week check in and blood draw for AFP test.

GTKY:  What's your favorite TV show and why?  I like quite a few shows (thank you, DVR).  At the top of my list, though, are Grey's Anatomy, House of Lies, Game of Thrones, and Veep.

BabyFetus Ticker

12 weeks! Baby is the size of a plum

Nothing really this week  

Still having a lot of nausea, hope it eases up soon.  I'm having the most trouble getting a lot of fluids  

I have my 12 week IPS screening ultrasound tomorrow morning and my next doctors appt is next week  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • cjs260cjs260 member

12 weeks! So close to 2nd tri! 

Cleaning out the nursery room and starting to put together the registry wish list  

I'm at a conference until Thursday, so limited bumping and I miss you guys! 

July 13th for the OB 

I'm all about GoT (book reader, too). I also love Parks and Rec, Battlestar Gallactica, and H and I just started The Walking Dead and are very much enjoying it. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

10 weeks! Baby is the size of a strawberry I believe  

Closed on our new house yesterday and starting renovations! Eventually we will get to the baby's nursery!

Rants: the nausea is at an all time level of awful! It slowly gets worse throughout the day  really hoping for some relief soon  

Raves: looking forward to the 3 day holiday weekend coming up! 

July 18th for my 12 week check up  regular appt, but should get to hear baby's heart beat on the Doppler!!

Of all time, Boy Meets World. I can re watch it and it is always funny, and just totally makes me love my childhood.

Currently, Modern Family, and Big Bang Theory. These are about the only consistent ones. Both are always a good laugh, and easy to follow

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • elvinnoeelvinnoe member
    edited June 2016
    1. 13 weeks

2. Not yet. I have my eye on some cute baby clothes, but we mostly have everything we need from the first two kiddos.

3. I thought I was over food aversions, but the smell of the meat I cooked tonight was almost enough to send me over the edge.

4. July 7th, but something work related came up so I'm going to need to reschedule.

5. I'm a forever fan of Criminal Minds, love Blue Bloods, Once Upon A Time, OITNB, and my secret guilty pleasure show is So You Think You Can Dance. I don't even dance. 

ETA: How could I forget Fixer Upper!!! #demoday
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lmctanlmctan member

Almost 11 weeks! I'm just gonna say a lime because that is what it would be at 11 weeks. 

Worrying? Does that count? Trying to be better about spending. Overall trying not to plan too much till I'm further along. Making sure my mom can come stay once I'm here. 

I feel like I'm showing but everything says I shouldn't be showing but my stomach is huge and I feel like a whale. I don't think I've gained actual weight but I haven't weighed myself out of fear. 

Next week! I'm really hoping they use a doppler to hear the babies heartbeat. 

Game of thrones, Doctor Who, Penny Dreadful and Outlander. Oh and Orange is the new black. Okay I'm bingeing.