February 2017 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-In 6/27

A place for anyone working on exercise (at any level) and healthy eating during their pregnancy.  I keep tweaking it a little bit hoping to get more people involved, suggestions welcome!

1.  Pre-BFP workout routine

2.  Post-BFP workout routine

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges

4.  What were your goals for last week and how did you do with them?

5.  What are your goals for this week?

6.  GTKY: What type of exercise would you most like to try that you haven't had a chance to yet?

Re: Health and Fitness Check-In 6/27

• 1.  Pre-BFP workout routine
    Distance running and hot yoga

Lately, between spotting fears from a SCH and MS, it has just been walking

I am a pescatarian who eats very little fish, and with my usual high activity level I've been able to stay pretty healthy while eating a relatively carb-heavy diet.  My goals for this pregnancy are to diversify as much as possible and get creative with protein and dairy sources.  I'm lucky to love veggies and fruit, so I'll just stay the course there.

I walked my dog 1.5-2.5 miles 6 days last week, so exercise goal=met!  I failed to eat fish twice since the thought of it just turns my stomach right now, but I did a good job adding in other protein sources like yogurt, beans, and hummus more frequently.  I also started reading labels for added sugar when grocery shopping.  Holy cow!  It definitely affected my choices.  For so many items there was an easy swap that was just as tasty but had so much less sugar.  

Bring in some type of non-walking exercise.  I've cancelled my monthly membership at a regular yoga studio and would like to get into prenatal, either at home or at a different local studio.  With the spotting fears, prenatal just feels mentally more comfortable.  I'll make it my goal to do this twice, in addition to the walking, and to minimize the insane cravings I've been having for things like ice cream and fries by bringing plenty of healthy snacks to work.

6.  GTKY: What type of exercise would you most like to try that you haven't had a chance to yet?
    I'd be curious to try spinning.  Maybe next year!
  • L JaneL Jane member

1.  Pre-BFP workout routine
    distance running, some weight training, elliptical 

the same!

I've really been struggling with making healthy food choices. Generally, I'm a healthy eater. I go by 80/20 rule! Lately though, I've been starving constantly and greasy food is the most appealing to me. (Pizza, chick fil a, etc) My weight isn't really an issue, but I do worry that if I keep this up I'll pack on the pounds. 

I wanted to run 20 miles this week, and I did exactly that. :) I also made the switch to morning running to avoid over heating. 

Run 20 miles and make better food choices!

Yoga and a spin class! I'm such a creature of habit and rarely try new things. 

• Loading the player...
    It was a mix of running with the dog 2-3 miles a few days a week, interval training workouts (a lot of 21 day fix), and the elliptical.

I am hoping to do about the same. Last time I had hyperemesis though and couldn't get off the couch, so I'm happy if I can exercise at all!

I have been eating super healthy for the past year. So far I have stuck to eggs, spinach salads, avocado, etc. I am a little upset because I also find myself eating things to take away the nausea that I wouldn't normally throw in there (like half a box of crackers and half a container of hummus, lol).

Last week my goal was just to keep it up, and I did.

I'm going on vacation on Thursday, but up until then I want to make sure I work out every day.

I would love to get into different types of yoga. I might sign up for prenatal yoga soon if I find myself slacking on the above :) 
  • Oops. That's me ^
    i made a new account after my BFP then didn't want to wait the week waiting period so I figured out my old password haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1.  Pre-BFP workout routine - was trying to get into one, hadn't really yet

2.  Post-BFP workout routine - going to try to walk and maybe lightly jog on the treadmill

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges - I have been craving everything salty namely chips, pickles, deep fried anything and carbs... I'm trying to reduce the amount of processed food I eat and increase on the protein and veggie portions.

4.  What were your goals for last week and how did you do with them? Until the weekend I did really good. I had healthy balanced meals, lots of greens and veggies. Then Saturday I was decent until we had a game night and I ate my weight in bugles... And yesterday I had chips for breakfast followed by deep fried pickles, deep fried haddock, and french fries for an early dinner and oreos for a late night snack... I only worked out one day last week also which was pretty bad.

5.  What are your goals for this week? Get back to a healthy diet and get on the treadmill at least twice this week. 

6.  GTKY: What type of exercise would you most like to try that you haven't had a chance to yet? I have done some yoga before but I want to find some pregnancy yoga videos to try.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• L JaneL Jane member
    @marriedhamstermom Your weekend eating sounds a whole lot like mine. ;) 
    Walking the dogs daily, running a 5K every other weekend, just started getting back into mountain biking.

So basically any exercise, even just walking the dogs has caused a lot of spotting so I'm  little hesitant to do anything crazy. I just bought a bunch of new mountain gear right before my BFP so I'd love to still be able to go and at least do the easy beginner trails or something.

Right now nothing sounds good at all, so just eating enough is my challenge.

Not great.. I Just wanted to walk a couple miles each day. I live in Georgia and we just set a high temp record the other day. It's just been too miserable to do anything outside lately.

Try to walk each day again. I'm not going to go too nuts until I see my doctor since the spotting gets pretty bad at times.

I've actually never done any yoga, so I'd like to give that a try.
  • Well, I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon when I should've worked out sooooooo.... good start to the week! LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Run 6-10miles per week. Light strength training

I am only 3 weeks post embryo transfer, so I am on light duty. No high impact cardio. So far just walks and some light strength training

I've been craving fruit alot.

Just to get back at the gym 

• In case anyone else was wondering the same thing, I thought I'd share some good info I got from my midwife yesterday.  I know the general rule during pregnancy is that you can do what your body was used to.  I was concerned about whether, by the time MS has passed, I would no longer be "used" to running and it might not be safe to get back to it.  Well, my MW said that it's totally fine to go back to activities you were doing within the last year after First Tri misery wears off, you just shouldn't try anything completely new.  This is such happy news to me; I feel like I still have a shot at an active pregnancy now.
  • That's amazing news!!! I was running and haven't done anything since my BFP due to MS all day 6 out of 7 days a week... I would love to have a fit pregnancy as well!!!
  • In case anyone else was wondering the same thing, I thought I'd share some good info I got from my midwife yesterday.  I know the general rule during pregnancy is that you can do what your body was used to.  I was concerned about whether, by the time MS has passed, I would no longer be "used" to running and it might not be safe to get back to it.  Well, my MW said that it's totally fine to go back to activities you were doing within the last year after First Tri misery wears off, you just shouldn't try anything completely new.  This is such happy news to me; I feel like I still have a shot at an active pregnancy now.

Does anyone know of any fit pregnancy FB groups that motivate/help with exercise ideas? I want to get more active but need the push to get back into it.

Worked out 7 days a week with at home workouts. I'm on the 21 Day Fix and I love it!

Still going to stick to the program but not take it as hardcore and push only to what I can handle 

Stay on track with my healthy choices of food and cutting back on caffeine

Complete the program. I have accountability groups to stay motivated. 

Keep working out every day because I find if I don't work out I don't feel as great!

Spinning classes or kick boxing!