TTC after 35
Options

Intro & I'm scared! (children mentioned)

JAGinMIJAGinMI member
edited June 2016 in TTC after 35
Hi!

I am currently in the TWW for #3 (DS is 3 (4 in Aug), DD 6). DD was conceived the first month when I was 28. DS was also conceived first month, when I was 30. If all goes well, we would be 36 and 38 when baby arrives. I made the mistake of Googling TTC >35 and whoa! It's not cool. To the point where I am now completely reconsidering whether I want to continue trying after this month. I don't know if it's not really as bad as it seems, but I can't shake the feeling that we are setting ourselves up for problems and heartache. So I guess I am looking some anecdotes or something to offset all this fear I am facing now! Anyone with me?

P.S. Please ignore my screen name - it's from when I was on The Nest more than 10 years ago! 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
**TW**
MMC & D&C Aug 2016

Re: Intro & I'm scared! (children mentioned)

• Options
    Hi @JillDSoonToBeG. Welcome!

My screen name was also created ten years ago and I am also here TTC # 3. My kids were born when I was 30 and 33 and I am now 38. 

I think you can't let your decision to continue be based on a Google search. I think it's to be expected that it may take longer over 35, but it may not for you. Like anything you really want, just try to keep calm and hope for the best. Wishing you a short stay!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Best of luck to you and welcome :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were lucky with #1 and I got pregnant after just 3-4 cycles, even though I was almost 36 at the time. Don't lose hope and don't do too much googling. :D (Easier said than done, I know.)
  • Options
    Hello and welcome...sorry for the late response/welcome.  Yes it can be scary, but you are still pretty young, and the fact that you've already had children is always good.  Wishing you lots of luck!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally