November 2016 Moms
Options

Placenta Previa / Lack of Sexual Activity

Sooo my hubby & I just found out I have partial placenta previa... I started bleeding at work and went to the ER and we found out. This was a few weeks ago. We were told no sex and no orgasms (I clarified)...

The first few days I was a little emotionally despondent and thus, not horny, but I have to admit that the past week or so I've been in the mood a lot - and the fact that I am unable to act on it is driving me crazy!!!! Pure torture. A few nights ago I woke up at about 2:30 a.m. raging horny. Of course I 100% want the best for my baby and will sacrifice in any way I can, but has anyone dealt with this who can advise me on how to get through the horny days??? 

Re: Placenta Previa / Lack of Sexual Activity

• Options
    I'm not sure that I can really advise you but hang in there. I was diagnosed with previa at my 11 week ultrasound and it was pretty nerve-wracking and hard to deal with. But it cleared by the time I had another ultrasound at 19 weeks. So there's hope that it clears up. There's a really good support group on Facebook, they might have suggestions for you. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I've been on pelvic rest for a month. When I started bleeding I saw the on call OB (mine was on vacation) who said it was placenta previa, then my OB (who I saw a week later) said they don't usually diagnose it that early because a lot of times the placenta moves and it's no longer an issue (an OB nurse who works with my mom told her it moves 95% of the time).

I can't help you with your other issue, but I can say that 1. Odds are in your favor that it will correct itself 2. Not having sex right now is helping keep your baby safe, which is better than any orgasm (at least in my book).