January 2017 Moms
Options

Healthy snacks

This past weekend, I ate REALLY unhealthy foods.  Things were just so crazy with our move that we basically ate out for every meal - not good! So today, I renewed my efforts to eat healthily and hopefully I can keep it up from this point on! My downfall has always been snacking; I tend to give in to cravings for junk... ice cream in bed is a nightly ritual for DH and me, and frankly, it's a miracle we're not obese.  Now I'm searching for some healthy inspiration - what healthy snacks have you been munching on lately? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Healthy snacks

• Options
    Last pregnancy, I was super into smoothies.  I only used fruit, milk, and ice, so they were a pretty healthy alternative for my ice cream habit, and I'll probably be eating them again this time around.  A quick Google search suggested apples with a slice of hard cheese, like cheddar, as a healthy snack for pregnant women, as that combination is high in fiber and calcium.  I tried it tonight and really liked it!
  • Options
    Vegetables have not been sounding great to me but I cut up a bunch of carrots, celery and cucumber and snap peas and try to snack on them. I like them with hummus. Tons of fruit and berries- blueberries, raspberries, cherries, pineapple, watermelon, grapes and nectarines have been my favorite. Cheese and crackers is another go to. I make banana/blueberry/spinach muffins for my toddler that I like too. They are wheat free, oil free and only use a bit of organic syrup. I try to give DD healthy snacks so that keeps me in check too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I snack on almonds at work before lunch. I keep the portions reasonable by only bringing a set amount in a ziplock bag each day. In the afternoon after lunch I usually have a piece of fruit. I also do string cheese, cottage cheese, or yogurt. The one thing I haven't done is really track my sugar in take, which I am considering starting. I'm not really sure how much sugar we are supposed to be having, but I love fruit. And I too indulge in ice cream or some dark chocolate on some evenings! 
  • Options
    I've been mostly eating Various flavors of Greek yogurt with fruit and granola, string cheese, popcorn, oranges, apples with natural peanut butter, home made strawberry banana and spinach smoothies, pimento cheese and wheat thins 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    We did have a pretty big smoothie following on our last bmb, didn't we @karaelaine1991?!  I got some great recipes from that.
    I appreciate this thread, as healthy snacks are not my forte....lately it's been pretzel and regular goldfish, or whatever sounds good, which not much has!  I also just bought Oreos and peanut butter swirl ice cream tonight, shoot.
  • Options
    LBLQ84LBLQ84 member
    I've been eating MUCH healthier, for obvious reasons!! Faves: apples with peanut butter, hummus with veggies, soup & crackers, yogurt smoothies, obsessed with red peppers, crackers and cheese, museli, hemp hearts, and ice cream for indulgence! 
  • Options
    We did have a pretty big smoothie following on our last bmb, didn't we @karaelaine1991?!  I got some great recipes from that.
    I appreciate this thread, as healthy snacks are not my forte....lately it's been pretzel and regular goldfish, or whatever sounds good, which not much has!  I also just bought Oreos and peanut butter swirl ice cream tonight, shoot.
    Yeah, there were sooooo many smoothie drinkers there, which is what got me drinking them! 
  • Options
    Lots of fruits--apples, strawberries, blueberries, bananas. Also some baby carrots to munch on. Cheese/crackers has helped satisfy my cheesy needs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I've been craving fruit. Normally I never snack (I just don't get hungry), but now I find myself munching on blueberries, strawberries, and peaches. Those are my weaknesses.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    My go-to healthy snacks are Greek yogurt with granola, apples with almond butter, hard-boiled eggs with mustard, nuts (in portion-controlled bags so I don't go crazy or mindlessly eat them) and veggies with hummus.  I try to make sure I'm getting protein in my snacks to help me stay fuller longer.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My go-to's are watermelon, cottage cheese, almonds, apples and almond butter, and toast with strawberry jam. Now I am hungry! Great suggestions ladies!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm absolutely digging string cheese, apples, watermelon, mandarin oranges, and cottage cheese. 

Of course, none of that cancels out all the chips and dorito munchies crackers that I can't seem to get enough of right now.   :s:'( 
    BabyFetus Ticker