TTC After a Loss

talk to me about progesterone levels

So the weirdest thing, my beta was less than 5. This is good news to me, I would prefer a negative over the idea of another loss. 

However, my husband and I must be totally whacked with mind fetus because we were both seeing lines. 

BUT the thing is my progesterone is only 5. This was on 10 or 11 dpo. 

I was chatting with another bump friend and she said that on CD 21 progesterone should be way higher than than that. 

I Googled and read somewhere that 10 was good post ovulation and 15 common in medicated cycles. 

I called the nurse back and am waiting for her call but, is my progesterone too low??

I'm good at charting but, I have no idea when it comes to lab results.

TIA. 

Re: talk to me about progesterone levels

• That seems like a very low progesterone level, though I'm not sure what the numbers should be at when you don't have an embryo implant. I know for doing IVF the number has to be about 15, usually closer to 20 before they'll do a transfer. I'd wait and see what your nurse says.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• I had my progesterone tested last cycle since it was very low when my ectopic was discovered. I had it tested roughly 6dpo and it was 15 which my dr said was perfect. I don't know very much about progesterone but I imagine 5 would be considered low. Now that I think of it, my progesterone was about 5 when my blood was tested with my ectopic pregnancy. I would ask my dr to check again next cycle if I were you.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so pissed off at my doctor office right. The nurse was a total bitch. When I called back to ask more about the progesterone level I requested a different nurse call me back.  :#
  • I'm not sure how much progesterone levels means if it isn't tested at 7 DPO. At 10/11 DPO your progesterone levels could have already been dropping in preparation for AF if the egg was indeed not fertilized. It happens pretty rapidly in that event, so that level might not be the best indicator of your normal. If it's something you're concerned about you could always ask for your 7DPO progesterone levels be checked during your next cycle.

• I had a 7dpo progesterone test come back at 14.3. Keep in mind that if you aren't pregnant, your progesterone will drop before AF- that is what triggers your period, so a 5 at 11 dpo could be normal depending on how long your LP is. 
  • Thanks everyone!  
  • @chloe97  FF has my average LP being 13 days I think. 

I requested the progesterone draw. Nurse is running it past the dr. 
  • My last progesterone draw came up as  5 also, my doctor informed me that this was very low. 
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 progesterone is my nemesis! Draws should be taken at 7dpo not cd21, unless you always ovulate on day 14. And my doctor said it should be around 10 unmedicated, at least 15 medicated. 5 does sound low but if it makes you feel a teeny bit better my last two draws came back at <0.2 and <0.5 so a 5 would be awesome for me.
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16