October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• @krzyriver my Dr. does it every appt. to check for UTI's and Pre-E. but like others have added it is not universal but I like it because I feel like it takes a lot of worry off of my shoulders.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, If you type in Loser.com it brings you to Donald Trumps wiki.

• @annabenanna What??? Ok, that's even weirder. I mean, I guess I can almost understand the threesome thing. It's just a fantasy, although I personally feel like it blurs too many lines. But that is just.... ??? What's the point of being married if you're going to be in an open relationship? I try not to be judgemental, but I really don't understand. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @mrszoess I LOVE PinkBlush!

• @mrszoess I love that dress!!!
  • @LMNOBaby I had pee all over my hands towards the end of my last pregnancy, but this time the new doctor has extra big paper cups so it's hard to miss. I'm so thankful.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I dropped my car off tonight to get a seatbelt replaced and I got the closing times wrong. I'm without a car until my husband can leave work early this week, the other option is to drop him at the train and keep his car....which means getting out of the house with a toddler at 6:30am....no thanks.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • One of my clients, who has been on hospice for a year, passed away last night. I was one of the last people to see him. He was a neutral client to me (didn't particularly like or dislike him, but he was nice). It was so weird when I left him yesterday though. I smiled and said see you next week and he actually smiled back at me, something he never did. Turns out he did the same for my other coworker on Friday. Guy must have known it was his time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• thanks guys! my cheap girl trick is zulilly forever 
  • I pee on my hand every time too.. like I think the pee is missing the cup (it isnt) so I move it (mistake) thereby pee all over myself!  Add me to the urine sample very appt team.
  • @bnsmith85 I didn't want to revive last week's thread to avoid confusion but... BLESS YOU for the yogurt heartburn solution. It has been my savior the last two nights! 

@TurtleMomma I'm very sorry for your loss. 
  • Oh good! Glad I shared then :)@ashleyp625  
  • @bnsmith85 I'm glad you shared too! ;) lol
  • Hmm. My OB's office had me pee in a cup every appt during my first pregnancy, but not in the second two. I asked why and they said that the most recent research-based evidence doesn't support checking protein/glucose/ketones etc each appt in pregnant women without pre-existing conditions or risk factors. 
  • Wow I had to work all day at work and missed so much today!  :(

@kmolleltz I know very little about cows but do you think maybe it's in labor?

@bamacoop lmao one time at work my coworker and I were reading Yelp reviews and somehow randomly found one another coworker wrote that was nasty, which led us to go to her other reviews and all but 1 were bad. They were hilarious!

@krzyriver yes mine checks for protein, glucose, and I think infections although they don't routinely send out for cultures after the first appt so not sure how they do that

@annabenanna I'm so impressed with your squatting method and agility! I could most easily see myself trying that and ending up peeing on the floor and/or falling on top of the cup and then laying on the floor struggling to roll over and get up from my puddle. I'm fairly confident though I could prob pee again right after all that to try giving another sample
  • I have discovered Kind bars and my life is forever changed. They're delicious and I can't actually pronounce the ingredients so I'm pretending that they're the healthiest thing on earth. 

Also, I went to Starbucks and asked for the new Youthberry tea and they told me that it only comes in hot. I told him that some people had it iced and he told me those people were lying to me. What? Dude, whatever. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @UponAStar16 That's what I thought at first but I asked my husband and he said something about they aren't getting enough water. Though a few weeks back one of them WAS in labor and he went over to help with the delivery.... normal Tanzanian life I guess. Hahah.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @Michi1382 - since you brought up Youthberry tea, I feel like I must share with you the wonderfulness that is the Teavana Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom Tea Blend. It it the most wonderful thing you've ever tasted, iced or warm. I prefer it iced, my bestie and her DH like it better hot. If you have a Teavana near you, you have to go try a sample of it. It's totally worth it and they'll make you some right there in the store. 

Note: one of those two teas is herbal, which we're not technically supposed to have while pregnant but tbh, I will get it without shame each time I pass a Teavana... which has only been once this pregnancy, but still. lol
  • mrszoess said:
    @kmolleltz we need to get you a reality show. I'm fascinated by your life 
    I wouldn't have been able to watch yesterday's episode, in that case. I'd have been in tears over the cow. lol
  • @bnsmith85 I'm still fascinated over the bathroom situation. 
  • Last night I kept waking up with my leg twitching or my arm, and I kept thinking "restless leg syndrome? Hmm where can I post that on bump lol"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm fascinated by watching Baby B move. I thought it would creep me out but I'm obsessed. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @LauraPCOS Ugh, me too. I slept horribly last night because of it. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @LauraPCOS ugh that sounds so annoying. I started getting cramps in my calves during the night although luckily they go away pretty quickly, but it's still annoying because they wake me up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 They say a bar of lavender soap under your sheets makes leg cramps go away. I haven't tried it but it supposedly worked for my dad?? I used to get awful calf cramps, but haven't during pregnancy. 
  • KaessiKaessi member
    This has nothing to do with anything other than it's random but - I used to get horrible, awful leg cramps. Would start at my thigh & go all the way down to my foot. Truly one of the most painful things I'd ever felt. I had sinus surgery almost three years ago & miraculously...no cramps since, other than a charlie horse every great once in awhile. I have no clue what "fixed" this? I've been told it may have had something to do with the anesthesia but I really have no clue. But whatever...I'll take it!!
  • @Michi1382 ugh! It's a granita which they serve after 3pm, and I rarely go to Starbucks so an employee should know if I know. If you happen to go back and tell him HE was lying to you, let us know what he has to say for himself!  >:)
  • @annabenanna I would absolutely pee all over the floor as well as my hand if I tried to squat - not to mention fall right over. I just have no aim and no balance. Major props to your peeing-in-a-cup skills!!
  • @mrscorker I'm new but I called mine already. They gave me links to websites that they use. I put my form through the website and they said I can't order it sooner than 32 days before my due date, but will send me a reminder email then. I got to see the options, too.

• @mrscorker with my last bmb a lot of the Mom's were getting their pumps earlier, but my insurance wouldn't cover it until the baby was born. The hospital took care of it and had it delivered the next day. I just used theirs until then (we were having latching issues). 
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Question for the BTDT mamas. At what point should I call my insurance about a breast pump? 
    I called mine last week. They gave me a list of pumps to choose from and the names of covered providers in my area. Now I have to ask my doctor to write a prescription for whichever one I choose and fill it at one of the providers they gave me. They didn't mention a time frame to me like @RainMira9e's did, so I'm not sure about that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Question for the BTDT mamas. At what point should I call my insurance about a breast pump? 
    I called mine last week. They gave me a list of pumps to choose from and the names of covered providers in my area. Now I have to ask my doctor to write a prescription for whichever one I choose and fill it at one of the providers they gave me. They didn't mention a time frame to me like @RainMira9e's did, so I'm not sure about that. 
    Thanks! I've heard some plans won't even talk to you about them until 3rd tri so I wasn't sure if I should wait but I'll give them a call and see. Thanks @RainMira9e, @CopperBoom86 and @ingoscj

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• You guys, I'm coming to a realization that we are almost in the THIRD TRI!  Some of us already are.  I'm getting emotional about it!

Do you guys remember when we were all just waiting for that first appointment?  And scared to death of hearing the heartbeat for the first time?  And now here we are waddling, big and beautiful..... about to hit third tri.  My hormones are making me extra sentimental.  
    It's CRAZY how fast time has gone by since first trimester. I can't believe we will be meeting our sweet babies so soon!!!  <3