March 2017 Moms

STM+ (Second time mom +) check in (6/27)

This check in is for moms pregnant with their second, third, fourth, etc. child!

I tried to search the other boards for a format but I just found a bunch of randomness. I will just make up some questions, please let me know if you want me to add or subtract something. This is a work in progress.

1.How far along are you?

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)?

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one?

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them?

Me 26, Hubs 32
Married 7.14.12
DS 10.29.13
BFP 06.20.16
*It's a boy!*
EDD 03.03.17
                                                      BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ (Second time mom +) check in (6/27)

• 1.How far along are you? 4 weeks, 3 days

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Walker is 2.5 (three is October)

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? My symptoms came on a lot earlier. With DS, I didn't feel pregnant until like 10 weeks. I feel pregnant this time.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? Walker knows. He is constantly kissing my belly and talking about his "sister" (even though I told him it could be a brother haha).

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.How far along are you?

4w4d

Fiona is 16 mos.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one?

Like @Skyjewell23, I feel pregnant this time around. Many symptoms are starting earlier for me (including the leaking! WTH). I guess I shouldn't say I "feel" pregnant, bc I don't really yet, but the symptoms keep me= grounded in the reality. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them?

She's too little to understand either way. I'm actually kind of concerned that she won't understand what's happening? Any ideas from other STM+ moms out there as to how to make sure she understands before this one comes in 8 more months?!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hippiemama-2hippiemama-2 member
    edited June 2016
    Hiya,

1.How far along are you? 4 weeks tomorrow

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Averi is 2.5 (Oct'13)

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? So far no nausea, which has been great.  By this time last time I was already spending most of the day pretty sick.  Other than that a little bit of heartburn, like last time, and a bit more tired than usual.  When I was pregnant with DD I ended up with PUP, so as long as that bad boy stays away, I am game for any of it.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? Yes, but I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy.  She kept lifting up my shirt and asking if I ate the baby, so there's that.  I'm thinking I'll get some books later on, but if any of you have any suggestions for helping a little one understand - please share.  :)

• 1.How far along are you? See ticker! :)

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? DD just turned 6 in April, DS is turning 4 at the end of August.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? It's been 4 years since my last pregnancy so I feel like it's all going to feel new!  I can say that my only symptom so far is extreme exhaustion and when it started it was extremely familiar. My other pregnancies started exactly the same.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? I have not. We plan to tell them after the first doctor appointment. I am 35 now and I have a fear of miscarriage that I just didn't have so strongly the other times, so I am very worried about telling them at this point. :/

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • She kept lifting up my shirt and asking if I ate the baby, so there's that.  
     :D Love it!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • 1.How far along are you? 4 weeks tomorrow

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Charlotte will be 3 in September. 

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? In my last pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant yet. I didn't find out until 4w5d last time. And I didn't really have any symptoms with her other than cramping and sore boobs until 6 weeks when the MS hit me hard. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? No, we won't tell her until after we tell family at around 11 weeks. I don't want her to spill the beans. She has been talking about her "brothers and sisters" for quite awhile now though. She likes to pretend all sorts of people are her brother or sister. And my 7mo old nephew, who we will with right now is always introduced as her brother. She is a more than moderate obsession with just babies in general as well. So, I am not worried at all about her being excited. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! New here, just got my bfp today :)

1.How far along are you? 4 weeks 

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? I have an 18mo daughter  

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? No real symptoms in either pregnancy at this point! 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? I told her she will be a great big sister but we'll see how she acts when my belly starts getting big! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Phil413Phil413 member
    edited June 2016

1.How far along are you? 4 weeks, 3 days

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Sarah will be 5 on August 2

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? I had implantation bleeding and some spotting yesterday that I NEVER had with Sarah. This time my boobs hurt about the same as with PMS where last time they felt like boulders that were going to fall off my chest.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? No, we plan on telling her after the first ultrasound when we get the little picture and have something visual for her.

**Edited from desktop because my Kindle sucks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.How far along are you? 4 weeks

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? 1 DS whos is 18 months Mason

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? I was never sick with Mason and have been puking for two days now.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? I haven't told my son because he is to young to understand atm I plan on telling him after the first trimester 

• 1.How far along are you?  3w4d (early early)

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)?  7.5 - Madison & 4.5 - Hailey

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one?  Not really since it's so early, but I'm flipping exhausted.  I don't really remember the all consuming tiredness quite this early.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them?  No.  Will likely tell them around 12 weeks.

• mel741mel741 member

1.How far along are you? 5 weeks in Friday 

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? My daughter Amelia will be 2 August 3rd.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? As of right now the only difference is that I'm experiencing more cramps this time. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? I told Amelia that she's going to be a big sister but she doesn't really understand. 

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? My daughter is 2.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this time? So far just kinda crampy

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling? Not sure, she doesn't really understand yet. Plan on getting some books

• How far along are you? 

---5 weeks

---My daughter Natalie Gemma is 3 years old

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this time? 

---Nausea is more intense but so far I'm less fatigued!

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling? 

---I have. Maybe I should've held off but she's been asking for a sibling for such a long time and I was so excited for her! Her face lit up and she did a dance...I can't wait to include her in all of the planning and organizing. She's going to be a fantastic big sister!  :blush::smiley:

• 1.How far along are you? 4w5d

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? 9 Aliyah 5.5 Braylon

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? I'm exhausted all the time and I'm bloated

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them?  I have not told my children yet and I'm not sure when I plan to tell them.

4 weeks and a few days

Nolan is almost 4 and Norah is Almost 2 (July birthdays). Feels better saying that  than 1 and 3, cause having a third child with the other two that young makes me feel crazy!

Nope. I think it's too early to notice much, yet.... Bracing for the imminent morning sickness. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them. 

Not until we tell everyone else or they'll spill the secret!

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? I have a 10 month old son named Jack (this pregnancy was planned, yes I'm nuts).

My insomnia is starting earlier and I've had some nausea which I didn't have with my first. Also I have a ton of pain along my c section scar area.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? My son was the first to know but he's too young to understand :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, the insomnia! Mine has started already too. How do you cope, if at all? Or do you just go through 9 months like a zombie? 
  • I try to go to bed earlier to combat the insomnia, it helped a little last time. This time I get the added bonus of a 10 month old who doesn't sleep so I'm up a lot and can't fall back asleep. It's going to be a rough 9 months!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. 4 weeks
    2. 6,4 and almost 2
    3. no, symptoms just get more pronounced I've found and also I look pregnant:(
    4. no, we won't tell them for a while. I lost one at 11 weeks and will not tell my kids sooner than 12 weeks because of that!
  • 1. How far along are you?
    4w 5d

Olivia is 2.5 (Nov '13).

I feel the same but we had fertility treatments with Olivia so I had appointments very early on. It's odd not to have my first appointment until I'm 8 weeks and it may drive me a little crazy.

We told her but she doesn't get it yet maybe when my belly gets bigger.

Anniversary *TTC since 09/11 *Me-29 (low AMH) *DH-35 (moderately low sperm count) *First RE appointment 09/12 *IUI #1 with injectables 12/12 image

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? I have a daughter who is 14 months

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? I had really bad nausea last time and it's starting even earlier this time. Other than that nothing so far. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? She is too young to understand! I am nervous that she won't understand even when the baby gets here..

• I am thinking I'm 5 weeks along. 
    Augustus is one year old :) 
    Yes I don't feel pregnant at all! It's so weird because last time I was hugging the toilet before my positive test
    And yes we told him he doesn't understand :) 
  • mrskitchmrskitch member
    edited July 2016

1.How far along are you?

4 weeks 3 days

2 boys 4 and 2

Pretty much the same. Just feeling zombie like a bit.

No, we won't tell them until we are ready to tell the family. Our oldest would tell the world if he knew.

Married to DH May 2009
    DS1 April 2012
    DS2 July 2014
    #3 due March 2017  
  • C25C25 member

1.How far along are you? 

5.5 weeks

My oldest boy is 4.5

My second boy is 15 months

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this time? 

Feels the same as my second. Cramps and cravings!

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling?

Not yet, I want to show/tell him when we get our first ultrasound. I want to make sure it's got a good heartbeat before I get him excited about it.

• 1.How far along are you? Somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks ... I tested negative two weeks ago when symptoms first appeared, and yesterday morning *surprise* a BFP!!

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Wesley is 5 and Vincent is 3.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? Symptoms this time around were similar, but waaaaaay less definitive. Breast tenderness, but not the stabbing nipple pain the first two times. General fatigue, but as a mom of two boys it's hard to distinguish between pregnant tired and my-sons-are-trying-to-kill-me tired. Cramping around the pelvic region, but mostly similar to ovulating soreness. I'm still in shock that baby #3 is on the way!

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? Yep, told them right away, because the topic of another baby has been bouncing around for a while. Wes is THRILLED. He knows that he wants a little sister, and he routinely checks up on my tummy to see how the baby is feeling. Vince is excited because Wes is excited, but generally he's pretty ambivalent. Little dude is going to have a real shock when he's not the baby anymore!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.How far along are you? 4weeks 5days

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? DS 2.5yrs

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? This time I felt pregnant - tired, nauseous, sore lower back . Last time I took the pregnancy test after being 2 weeks late to make sure I wasn't pregnant (I have a very big fluctuation in my cycle) and surprise...I was pregnant. This time I took the test at 4 weeks because I "knew" I was pregnant and it was negative. Then I took the test 5 days later and positive.

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? Not yet. I want to wait until the miscarriage risk drops. So probably around the 14 week mark or when I start showing enough that my son can "see" the baby growing inside me. We just started potty training too, so I don't want any news to disrupt that.

• 1.How far along are you? 5 weeks tomorrow! 

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Sadie will be 2 in September! 

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? So far not yet. I seem to have forgotten what it was like the first time around. I don't remember when my symptoms kicked in last time. I feel SO tired but I don't know if it has to do with pregnancy, cutting back my coffee :(, or having a (almost) 2 year old this time!

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? No, she wouldn't understand yet. Although she LOVES babies when she see's them. I can't wait for her to be a big sister- I know she is going to want to be my little helper... I think as my tummy grows and as the months go by she will hopefully be able to understand! 

• 1. 5w6d according to my LMP. 

2. My daughter (Skye) is 4 and my son (Dorian) is 2. 

3. So far it seems more similar to my second pregnancy. My first was basically symptomless, maybe some food aversion. This time I have occasional mild queasiness like I did when I was pregnant with my son.

4. We haven't told them yet. Waiting until my doctor appointment at 12 weeks. Dorian is probably too young to understand, but I'm hoping Skye gets it!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? DS Nicholas is 15 months 

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? Symptoms are the same but different if that makes sense! Nausea much more prominent this early this go around. Indigestion was my tip off last time and while I have some, not nearly as badly. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? He has been kissing pictures of babies and even my stomach for awhile now so he's just kissing "beh-ye" more frequently and repeating "beeg bruhyer"

• 1. 4w5d

2. DD is almost 2, I'll just be using her initial, R

3. The difference is I don't have any symptoms unlike my first! Agh it's scary not to even have sore boobs right now. 

4. I don't know how much she would understand at this point so I'm not going to worry about it yet. 

• Finally have time to respond in here!

1. How far along are you? Today I am 5w5d.

2. How old are your kiddos (and names if you're comfortable telling us that)? Henry is 10 months old.

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? My last pregnancy was super easy with very few symptoms and no MS at all. Thankfully this pregnancy is going the same route so far. The only difference is that this time I feel as though I'm having another boy, whereas last time I had no inkling whatsoever. My intuition is always wrong though, so maybe I'll have a girl this go around instead?

4. GTKY: Have you told your kids you're pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? We told baby boy, but of course he's too little to understand. At least he can't blab the secret yet!

• meq124meq124 member

Apparently I filled this out but never hit submit. It's too early for my brain to be this bad!

1.How far along are you? 4 wks 5 days

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? Ava 11 months (1 on the 26th  :'( )

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? I think it's about the same as last time, although the waves of random nausea may be new. I didn't test until 9 days late last time because I was so convinced that I was about to start my period, which would be the equivalent of next Monday so it's hard to compare at this point. Last pregnancy was a breeze, so fingers crossed this is too

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids your pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? We have, but we she is way too young to comprehend. She has no idea we are about to turn her little world upside-down! Part of me feels really guilty, but I am so excited that she will be close in age with her sibling.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meq124 I'm having some lingering feelings of guilt too! I know DS won't know any better and won't remember being an only since he's just 10 months old, and I want my children to be relatively close in age, but I have a little sadness too about taking "us" away from him. I'm trying to give him extra cuddles and kisses as often as possible, and told DH that after new baby comes we need to make sure to do things with just DS sometimes too.
  • 1. I'm 5 weeks today. 

2. DS will be three next month! I'll just call him P. 

3. I'm more tired this time, but a toddler will do that. Haha. The nausea is already kicking in but I hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy like last time. 

4. We told P the day we found out. He's been extremely attached to me and he's been stopping himself when he gets rough and says "woah. Slooooow down" and rubs my belly. I almost cry every time. 

1. 4 weeks 1 day (approx based on my trigger shot)
    2. Cecilia just turned 4 on 6/7!
    3. I have crazy bloating and early muscle pains already, almost feels like RLP LOL
    4. No, she's a little chatter box, and I feel too young to really understand, so we will tell her when we are ready to tell others, otherwise the whole world will know!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2. Cecilia just turned 4 on 6/7!
    Cecilia has my birthday! Lol
  • 2. Cecilia just turned 4 on 6/7!
    Cecilia has my birthday! Lol
    hahaha must be a good day :smile:
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  1.   3 w 6d
    2.   11 yr old stepson, 9 yr ols stepdaughter  and 5 yr old daughter 
      3. I know earlier than I did with my last,  but the cramps are the same, last time I just thought it was AF coming. My boobs are sore already and I don't remember them getting sore until later last time. 
    4.  No, my DH  doesn't even know yet (he's away at work til next week)  my stepkids leave Aug 18th so we'll tell them before then, before we announce it on facebook.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Robi1Robi1 member
    1.How far along are you? Like a minute - I think 3w4dish

2.How old are your kiddos(and names if your comfortable telling us that)? My oldest will be three later this month and my second is a March 13 baby, 15 months old

3. Are you noticing anything different from your first/last pregnancy compared to this one? Haven't noticed any symptoms yet. With my first I had serious boob soreness at this point, but none with my second (though I was nursing at the time) and none yet this time. 

4.GTKY: Have you told your kids you're pregnant? If not, when do you plan on telling them? Noooo. We don't like to tell people for a long time (2nd tri if possible) and my kids can NOT keep a secret. We will tell them just before we tell other family, probably in September. Maybe late August. Depends on my symptoms and if it's easy to keep on the down low or not. 

#1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019