February 2017 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-in 6/27

This is a weekly check-in for those who were regulars on TTGP while trying to conceive. 

How far along are you? EDD?

How are you feeling? 

R/R/Other:  

Questions:

GTKY: Pool side or beach?
Married 2/12/2015
PCOS Dx June 2016
BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
 DD 2/13/2017 
BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 6/27

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  6+6, 14-Feb-17

How are you feeling? Nausea is getting worse. I still haven't hurled, but I am pretty sure that is going to happen soon enough. 

R/R/Other: Looking forward to the holiday weekend. I love fireworks! 

Questions: I already asked this in the symptoms thread, but any suggestions for shampoo/conditioner that will help with oily hair? 

GTKY: I prefer to swim in a pool. I don't like being in water where I can't see my feet or where there is the potential for sea creatures. But, I love the beach for everything else. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  6+1, EDD 2/19/2017

How are you feeling? Pretty good for the moment... ask me again in an hour.

R/R/Other:  My husband drank all the ginger ale and I'm still mad about it.

Questions: Nothing today!

GTKY: Pool side or beach? Beach!  I'm actually going to the beach for the day tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along/EDD? I'm 5w6d and EDD is 2/21/17

How are you feeling? My anxiety levels have dropped (pregnancy drives my anxiety disorders into high gear), but the nausea started creeping in this weekend and then came full force this morning. This is going to be interesting trying to chase down my 3yo.

R/R/O: Other than the nausea all is well, except for my occasional fits of irrational anger. Which happen 3-4 times a day. Sorry, DH.

GTKY: BEACH!!! 

• Options
     @steelerfan78, I have super oily hair and use this stuff. I love it! 

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  7 weeks - 2/13/17

How are you feeling? The MS (all day morning sickness) sucks. I actually feel OK in the morning and it creeps on in around lunch until I'm at the point of not wanting to move in the afternoon. Just sucks all around. 

R/R/Other:  Made it through a work trip! It was scary at first but it all went just fine. Glad to have that one out of the way.

Questions: I'm good. 

GTKY: Pool side or beach? Beach. I grew up in SoCal and was completely spoiled with our proximity to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  5+5, 2/22

How are you feeling? I think MS has started to set in, right at the moment I'm doing ok but it seems to come and go in waves. I haven't puked yet so that is good I guess.

R/R/Other:  I was kind of pissed at DH on Saturday night. Since my BFP I've had a lot more gas and need to use the restroom more. Well Saturday night we were at DH's parents with his cousins and aunt for a game night which was really fun. Then the cousin's left and DH and I were chatting with his parents. We haven't told them yet because we wanted to wait to see the doctor first. Well I started feeling intestinal issues coming on and we live an hour away so I tried to gently nudge DH and tell him we should head out. It still took him a half hour to say goodbye and get out of there. Then on the way home there was  a huge accident that blocked our road so we had to take a 30 minute detour. I was so uncomfortable for so long b/c DH couldn't take a hint and then bad luck on top f that...

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Pool side or beach? Pool! I won't turn down the beach but I hate having sand everywhere so if there is a choice I'm picking pool.

@Steelerfan78 I'm curious for the responses. I have oily hair too. I use Paul Mitchell awapuhi wild ginger shampoo and conditioner (the black bottles not the white ones those are different and while I've never tried them I've hard bad things) and I can go every other day without washing. I usually push it a 3rd day by using dry shampoo. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  6+4, EDD: 2/16/17

How are you feeling? Horrible. My nausea, smell aversions and food aversions started ramping up around the 6 week mark and have steadily increased over the last 5-6 days. Saturday and Sunday I was vomiting 3-4 times per day and could hardly keep food down. The rest of the weekend I was alternately in bed trying not to throw up and dry heaving. Luckily, both days I was able to eat some plain Lays potato chips and a small dinner. I have been able to keep down liquid but only sometimes. I'm miserable.

R/R/Other: Rant: I threw up a lot of ginger ale over the weekend and now it doesn't help my nausea.

Questions: How much nausea / vomiting is cause for concern? Has anyone taken diphenhydramine and B6 to help with nausea? I'm going to call my doctor today. I didn't want to take any drugs during the 1st trimester, but I'm starting to feel like I might not have a choice. 

GTKY: Pool side or beach? Pool! I like both though.
    Due Jan/Feb 2017 | It's TWINS!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  5+5, 2/22 @marriedhamstermom Due Date Twins!!!

How are you feeling? My baseline nausea seems to have dissipated, but I dry heave at any off smell and after every meal.

R/R/Other:  My boobs hurt so bad I want to cry, but I keep poking them to make sure they still hurt and I am still pregnant.

Questions: Not today

GTKY: Pool side or beach? Pool Side, I hate sand.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK YAY. 2/22 is such a good date, my favorite number is 2 and I love 22 because there are 2 2's haha...

Also I keep poking my boobs too, pretty sure any soreness last week was just from my incessant poking. Today I know it's real and keep poking them anyways...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @marriedhamstermom AND MY ARMPITS.  Because their is breast tissue in armpits mine are so sore, I keep lifting my arm and poking them
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK while breast tissue can naturally occur in the armpit area, it's possible that you're experiencing that level of discomfort because of wearing the wrong bra size.  If you're wearing a cup that is too small (which most people do, and then they wear a band size that is way too big to compensate), your bras may have actually forced your breast tissue to migrate into your armpit!  The only way to correct this is to wear properly-fitted bras consistently.  I always thought I was wearing the right size, but was only properly fitted a couple of years ago (at, like, age 29!).  My old size was a 34D - nope, I definitely wear a 30G (or I did, before getting KU... I don't even want to discuss what's happening right now...). I had a ton of migrated tissue that seriously took about a year to put back into the right places.  My whole body looks better now that everything is where it's supposed to be!

Here are a couple of great blog posts that show how to properly fit a bra.  Getting the correct fit is a game-changer.
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio I actually only go to specialty bra stores to get sized for my bras because I'm sort of an obscure size I wear a 30 band, but I'm an F cup size, so I get fitted every time I buy a new bra.  :smiley:
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK that's good to hear - you definitely understand my struggles.  But I would still double-check the armpit thing.  It's not typical to have discomfort there, even when your breasts hurt from pregnancy.  You may want to check with your doc about it.
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio I definitely well.  It's not the armpit itself per say, but the tissue directly near it (like right in between my boob and shoulder and a little on my sides where my boobs are attached to the rest of my body) but the spots it does hurt have me continuously lifting my arm so it looks like I'm poking my actual armpit.  Awkward.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK that sounds awful.  I'm so sorry you're dealing with that.  Have you given up on real bras yet?  I have completely outgrown my hat-sized bra cups and have been living with stretchy bras for the last couple of weeks.  It really helps with the discomfort - I was finding that underwires were torture.
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio I wear scrubs to work so I can manage a sports bra under that, but all weekend we were out at family functions and underwire was required for the outfits I was wearing and my boobs just hurt so bad by the time I took my bra off every night.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  8w3d 2/3/17

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually. I get waves of nausea when I don't eat soon enough but no vomiting. I did gag while brushing my teeth the other night. I second the sore boobs! And yes, OMG do non-underwire, stretchy bras feel so much better! Some constipation and gas and the pain that goes with them.

R/R/Other:  We have family coming over on Saturday to celebrate the 4th. I'm really looking forward to the food, fun, and family. I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the house, yard work, and cooking this week. Also, we're putting out a slip-n-slide in the back for the nieces and anyone who wants to and I started thinking "I really want to! But I can't" :( lol

Questions: nope

GTKY: Pool side or beach? I love being at the beach and the waves and everything. But I prefer actually swimming in a pool. I've watched River Monsters and Shark week is this week.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker