July 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change

1. How many weeks/ Size are you?
2. Doing anything baby related this week?
3. Rants Raves Reviews?
4. Any questions ?
5. GTKY: what is your favorite summer food and or drink? 

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• Options
    1. I am 38 weeks and baby is the size of a winter squash! 

2. Tuesday is my last OB app and last prenatal massage, Wednesday I am taking food to a friend that just had a baby and Thursday is prenatal yoga 

3. Raves - Only 8 days until my c-section! I am extremely excited to meet this baby. Trying to enjoy every moment that I feel her inside me since this is my last pregnancy. 
    Rants- my right side hurts where her butt is, I need to sit often which is hard with a 2 1/2 year old, So many contractions. 

5. GTKY: what is your favorite summer food and or drink? I love all the fresh summer fruit from the farmer's market!  DD and I have been eating berries, apricots, and just bought our first peaches of the season. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks/ Size are you? 37 weeks - head of romaine lettuce (although another app used this last week...) and the photofy app has us at a winter melon this week...
    2. Doing anything baby related this week? Working on crocheting some baby hats so baby has one made from Mommy when they come out :) Friday is our 37 week appointment and need to turn in the prescription for a breast pump.
    3. Rants Raves Reviews? Ranting against everyone that keeps mentioning how close I am, when they think baby is going to come, and anything of that nature. Remember the part about needing to keep stress levels low? Comments are really starting to drive me nuts.
    4. Any questions? Is there anyone else with an anxiety starting to set in (probably from these stupid comments from people!) about when they will go in to labor? I hate the unknown.
    5. GTKY: what is your favorite summer food and or drink? It seems like my family only eats BLTs in the summer - so I'd have to say that one of my favorite summer foods is a BLT with fresh veggies from the garden :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. 37 weeks, a skunk!

2. Weekly appointment on Wednesday. I imagine I will have a cervical check. Everything is ready for the baby, so it's really just a waiting game. Nursery, car seat, bags packed, etc. Also, I'm a teacher out for summer, so bring it on.

3. I have some sort of infection going on in my eye. I'm going to have to go to the eye doctor today....boo

4. Anyone else drinking RRL tea? I got the Earth Mama Angel Baby Third Tri stuff. I've been doing a consistent two cups a day!

5. That's a tough one! I think for food, I would say a fresh salad made from veggies from the garden with a bbq-ed steak sliced thin on top. For drinks, so many... fresh blueberry mojitos, beer, or a shandy.
  • Options
    1. 39 weeks! Pumpkin, skateboard, cat.. Who really knows. My midwife estimated him at being 8.5-9 lbs already! Yikes! Stop growing so much please! 

2. I have my weekly appointment and I am hoping I am dilated enough for a membrane sweep. I wasn't last week so we will see. Other than that, I have everything done and ready! Let's do this! 

3. I am really grateful that my false labor has eased up! I had 3 different episodes last week but haven't had anything since Wednesday. I am hoping the next time I have contractions it's real and not a fake out! 

5.favortite summer food is fresh pico made from veggies out of the garden. I put it on everything! It has become a daily staple in our house once the tomatoes are ready to go 

@HoneyBear40 I had really bad anxiety at 37 weeks too. And 38. I had pretty bad prodromal labor so I was constantly thinking "today's the day!". I feel like a weird calm has come over me and I am not anxious anymore, just ready and excited 

@hannahmp I started drinking RRL tea (or what I call contraction tea because it makes me have BH immediately after) at 36 weeks. I was told it can strengthen the uterus and make for a quicker labor so I am all in. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks/ Size are you
    39 weeks pumpkin/watermelon 
    dr appointment this afternoon hoping to hear some good progress ! 
    3. Rants Raves Reviews?
    I am so over being pregnant and so ready to hold this baby! 
    4. Any questions ?
    @hannahmp im not simply because I don't know where to buy it haha 
    @HoneyBear40 yes the anxiety has definitely set it in!!
    I really like fresh fruit and anything bbq and can't wait for a margarita!

• Options
    It's been a while since I've done a ticker change check in!  

1. 39w today, TB says baby is a pumpkin. 

2. Just another check in appointment on Wednesday,  which should be uneventful unless something drastically changes in the next 2 days. 

3. I am so,  so over the acid reflux. I want to drink coffee and eat like a normal person again. 

4. No real questions, just playing the waiting game and biding my time! 

5. Homemade potato salad and all the iced tea. RRL tea has become a decent substitute for the real thing, @hannahmp. I was buying the individual tea bags (found at most grocery stores in the tea section,  it's just called raspberry leaf though @Backbypopulardemand) but it wasn't very economical so I just bought bulk raspberry leaf a few weeks ago and have been brewing a gallon at a time to keep in the fridge. I have at least 2 tall glasses a day, probably 3-4 cups by measure. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks/ Size are you?
    39 weeks - watermelon, pumpkin, small skateboard. 

I have a really fun story from this morning at work I posted in Monday Bitchfest. Long story short, lots of contractions, not dilated, body is purging itself of waste, and my C-section is Wednesday morning. I'll be packing the last of my bags and triple checking them and making sure we have groceries and laundry finished. 

3. Rants Raves Reviews?
    I could do without the spurts of contractions since I'm scheduled for surgery Wednesday but that would just be too simple. I'm nervous but ready for her to be here. It feels awesome to finally be done working. 

4. Any questions?
    Ladies with previous C-sections, what was your length of stay in the hospital? Any unusual problems you didn't really anticipate?

I have been eating so much watermelon. I love it. I hate how time consuming it is to cut it up though. I'm too cheap to buy the pre-cut containers when I can get 4 times as much for the same price and cut it up myself. I'm looking forward to a pineapple-y rum drink by some sort of body of water soon. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks/ Size are you? 38 weeks!  size of a winter melon (?), bucket of fried chicken, or an Oscar statue
    2. Doing anything baby related this week? scheduled C-section set for wednesday
    3. Rants Raves Reviews?  Hips aren't letting me sleep, so that's fun, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel makes it okay.
    4. Any questions ? If I'm not as ready as I can be now, I never will be.
    5. GTKY: what is your favorite summer food and or drink?  Craft beer!!!!  I can't wait!....I mean, I'm excited for babies too, but still.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    1. How many weeks/ Size are you?  37 weeks,  a melon or a tackle box
    2. Doing anything baby related this week? just a weekly appointment
    3. Rants Raves Reviews? I just feel like the end is dragging, perhaps because of all of comments about how close I am to being done and that I am "ready to pop"
    4. Any questions ? Can any of you get out your magic crystal ball and tell me when this will be over?  :)
    5. GTKY: what is your favorite summer food and or drink?  hmm soft serve ice cream cones with sprinkles
  • Options

@oandmplus1I think we're living the same life!! It's getting harder to "enjoy" being pregnant with all of the comments I keep getting!

Hang in there, Monday Mommas! Sounds like the finish line is near for most of us!

• Options
    @HoneyBear40 I think you're right :smile:
  • Options
    @brandiK- With DD I stayed in the hospital for 48 hours after my c-section and if everything goes well that is the plan for this one too. With DD I had an epidural, but this time will have a spinal tap. I am a little nervous because the nurse said the drug takes effect so quickly it feels like you can't breathe for a minute. Hopefully I won't panic since I know it is coming! 

I delivered at a great hospital where it is standard practice to get baby skin-to-skin asap even after a c-section. However, I know many hospitals don't do this so speak up for what you want. The nurse warned me that they would try not to have DD cry right away since she had meconium in her lungs.  The NICU team cleared out her lungs on a table that I could see and then DH carried her to me within 5 minutes of being born. He held her by my neck while I was stitched up. 

The only thing I didn't think about was how hard it is the lay down afterwards. I slept in a recliner or sitting up with pillows for 1-2 weeks after the c-section. 

Also, the football hold was the best way for me to nurse because otherwise it hurt to have baby on my tummy. I didn't use the boppy because it hurt. However, this time I have a Breastfriend pillow which I've heard is better. 

All that being said, I was amazed at how quickly I recovered. I do not regret having a c-section at all!  
  • Options

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    Love titting all my fellow Monday ticker change mommas! Hang in there, so close now! There is nothing in the world like seeing your baby for the first time. Fingers crossed for all of you, can't wait to see updates!
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand so jealous right now lol meanwhile I'm sitting here like

• Options
    @holly142 thanks! That helps a ton!
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand FX! I am hoping for the same results on Wednesday!! 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand With my son, the membrane sweep was the trick! Best wishes! So jealous of all you 39ers!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I'm not holding my breath with my luck she will still be over due