January 2017 Moms

TTGP Check-in 6.27.16

Weekly check-in for those who were regulars on TTGP while trying to conceive. 

How far along are you? EDD?  

How are you feeling? 

R/R/Other:  

Questions:

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO?
Computer Hope
TTC January 2016
BFP May 17, 2016
DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

Re: TTGP Check-in 6.27.16

•  Good morning, y'all!

10 weeks today, 1/23/17

How are you feeling?   I feel good still, which is always freaking me out. I feel bad because I think I'm that "pregnant girl unicorn" who has basically no symptoms and feels great. But I'm also VERY thankful for it and not taking it for granted!

R/R/Other:  *TW loss dream* I had a loss dream the night before last and it's totally freaking me out. At this point, my biggest concern is a MMC, as I'm at 10 weeks and have had zero cramping or spotting (except for the one time we had sex early on. We haven't had sex since because the spotting freaked me out so much). I had a dream the other night that I had entered some kind of competition (no clue what kind, lol!) and the judge pulled me aside and said, "you should probably share with the audience that you were recently just pregnant but the baby stopped growing." In the dream I still hadn't had my first appointment to see the heartbeat (like in real life) so I totally freaked out and started crying.  I KNOW this is just a dream and I still feel in my gut that everything is ok, but it was so real. I know we dream about what we're constantly worried about/thinking about (hello BFP dreams) but it just really scared me. Now I'm REALLY counting down the days until I can hear baby's heartbeat...only 24 more days until my first appointment.

Questions:  Anyone else have random days where their symptoms just disappear? Yesterday I wasn't as tired as normal and my boobs didn't hurt--which are really my only two symptoms--and it's freaking me out.

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO?  There is a local Irish pub in town that we love, due to their craft beer selection. They have really good food too! We have a brand new local brewery in town though, that I think might become our regular to-go spot. (obv I'm not drinking now or for a while but I can still eat!)
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• MylittaMylitta member
    edited June 2016
     How far along are you? EDD?  10w2d. January 21

How are you feeling? Perfect. For the most part I'm like you @kellybean1988. My symptoms are mostly tired and sore nipples (not even the whole boob anymore). If I don't eat in time I get nauseous, but I've always been le that, my 'in time' just shortened quite a bit.

R/R/Other:  I haven't had any dreams about it, but I'm terrified of a mmc. And now we've told his family too.... so that got worse. Also ranting in questions.

Questions: My hips hurt! Anyone else? I just read that laying on your back can make it worse, which in definitely guilty of. But in my defense I thought it didn't matter yet. Tried to force myself to stay on my sides last night and woke up constantly when I would roll to my back. This is gonna suck. 

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? Mostly anything Italian. We don't really go out much... we're homebodies. So we would normally get something to stay in. Buy if we plan a night out for us we normally shoot for something Italian. 

Eta: specifics
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? EDD?  9+2, 1/28/17

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Still tired and still have sore boobs, actually worse than they have been. 

R/R/Other:  So, my RE told me to take an extra 800mcg of folic acid when we found out I am carrying twins. I started it that day, and the next day is when this spotting started. It's usually brown, but it was daily, and twice after BMs it was pink/red. I called the on-call doc about it and they basically said that it was probably from my cervix being sensitive and straining (even though I didn't really feel like I was straining). I didn't take the extra folic acid on Friday or Saturday nights, and yesterday I had absolutely no spotting, even after BM. So last night, I take the folic acid and this morning, brown spotting again. It's very light, and I mean it makes no sense that it would be caused by the extra folic acid, right? It's just that I never had it before I started taking it, so it seems suspect. 

Questions: I guess I kind of did that above. But what dose of folic acid are you all taking? My PNV already has 800mcg and I am taking an extra 800mcg. I read about that study linking high doses of folic acid to autism, so that kind of scared me. I'm going to call and ask my OB about it I guess, and see what dose she recommends, and if she thinks the spotting could in any way be linked. 

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? We went to this hibachi place for our first date, and we go maybe once every couple of months now. It's my favorite.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • LecoolLecool member
    @kellybean1988 My symptoms have totally been coming and going. For example, Saturday I felt awesome. I worked out, we ran a bunch of errands, went to a friend's house for a BBQ, and I had no nausea or food aversions at all and even my boobs felt okay. Yesterday, I could barely get off the couch and could only eat dry cereal.

9+3

How are you feeling? I've been feeling much better lately, but symptoms hit hard again yesterday and this morning I'm still not feeling too great.

R/R/Other: I can see the light at the end of the First Tri tunnel! I'm also starting to get ready to announce to everyone. Our families didn't even know we were TTC, so this will be a big surprise. I wasn't ready up until now, and my H wanted to wait until our 12 week appointment, so we will be telling everyone in just a few weeks. 

Questions: Nothing really right now!

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? There's this little Italian place nearby us that has the best Happy Hour. They have small plates for only $3-$5 and have great drink specials as well, and the food is awesome. We usually go and get a ton of food and share it. We went there on Friday to celebrate our anniversary! 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? EDD?  10+5 Jan 18

How are you feeling? Soooo tiredddd

R/R/Other:  insomnia is kicking my trash and I am so over it! 

Questions: I had one last night but now I can't remember! Dang it! 

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? It depends on who's week it is to pick and if we have a sitter. Our DD is still little enough that she tags along occasionally. If DH is choosing it's usually Buffalo Wild Wings, if it's my week then it's usually mexican something 
  •  How far along are you? EDD?  13 weeks tomorrow, 1/1/17

How are you feeling? I have my good days and my bad days. I'm a little surprised morning sickness is still happening! But when I feel good, I feel great.

R/R/Other:  *TW previous loss* We saw our LO on Friday and it was so weird. With my last pregnancy, we last saw them at around 10 weeks when they were measuring somewhere between 7 and 8 and they looked like little blobby gummy bears, so I was really shocked when they turned on the U/S and there was this gigantic baby-shaped thing moving around, jumping, grabbing at its legs, grabbing at its umbilical cord... it was just shocking how much develops in 4-5 weeks!  And even though this was an elective U/S and not an NT scan it was cool seeing the nuchal fold myself and getting a bit of reassurance that it didn't look enormous, even if they didn't measure it. Everything about it just made everything kind of come together. It was relieving.

Questions: Anyone having issues with low blood sugar? It's made cooking really hard for me because out of nowhere, I'm just hit with the feeling like "I need to eat NOW or I will die" and I ended up ordering food in instead. I just don't know how to work with it :|

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? We dine out a lot so this is a tough question. I think our favorite place is a place that has a fixed 5-course menu with wine pairing that rotates out every night. I used to live about a block away from the place so we'd sometimes get last minute reservations at ~9PM on a Saturday and then shut the place down. Which is a funny experience at this place in particular because the head chef is this giant Van Halen fan so he comes out and asks the last remaining people in the restaurant what their favorite VH song is... and then blares it as they clean the kitchen. Haha. 
  • Thanks @lecool and @Mylitta , you  made me feel much better!! 

@sldp123  I'm not sure about the spotting and extra folic acid, but I can tell you what I take. I actually take 600mcg of folate, not folic acid, in my prenatal vitamins, and also supplement with 800mcg of the metabolically active form of folate each day. So, I guess total I'm taking 1400 mcg of folate each day, although one of the forms is different. My doctor was VERY specific that she wanted me to take folate instead of folic acid--folic acid is the synthetic form of folate--folate is found naturally in foods. She said between the two supplements that I will be in really good shape, and didn't seem to have any concerns about a link with autism (although I don't know if folate is included in that study or if it's just folic acid).  I haven't had any spotting whatsoever, so I'm not sure about your situation. I would say that it sounds like it's a coincidence that you haven't spotted on days you don't take extra, but I'm definitely not a doctor! I will be curious to see what your OB thinks.

@Mylitta  OH MY WORD the laying on the back, I get it!! I have always been either a back sleeper, a right side sleeper, or a stomach sleeper. I loathe sleeping on my left side, but I know that's what everyone says is best for fetal position, so I have been trying to train myself to at least fall asleep in that position. I know you're not supposed to lay on your back past 1st trimester, but I'm not sure how I can avoid unconsciously sleeping in that position...as far as hip pain is concerned, I hear ya. I have found these AMAZING 10 minute prenatal yoga flows on youtube if you're interested...the woman's name who does them is Katy Appleton (just search "Katy Appleton prenatal yoga" and she should pop up--there are like 5 videos each about 10 minutes long) and the hip openers are AMAZING. I try to do one every night or every other night and am so thankful for them.
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• @canavara   I also hear you on the low blood sugar. I feel like I HAVE to eat every 2 hours or so...it is super annoying! Also, the idea of getting home and waiting around for something to COOK is awful. I'd rather just get take out like you. Sometimes I'll munch on some saltines while I'm cooking though, and that seems to help. 
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• @kellybean1988 as far as keeping yourself from back sleeping later in pregnancy I always found that if I was sleeping on my back then I woke up dizzy or with pins and needles in my legs and would just roll over and it would go away instantly. I asked my OB about it and she said that you'd pass out from blood flow restriction before it hurt your baby.
  • @kellybean1988 Having dreams like that is terrifying! I remembering having one around 9 weeks that I went to see the doctor and they said "7 weeks, 6 days" and I was so convinced that it was an omen or something. I remember breaking down in tears when I heard the heart beat a day past 10 weeks and finally being able to accept that it was just a dream. But still, every time a new dream happens, it's the same song and dance all over again!

@Mylitta  Also on team hip pain. It seems worse for me when I lay on my sides--I hadn't heard anything about laying on your back making it worse :open_mouth:  I usually just do some hip-opening yoga poses when I wake up to work out any tension... it helps a tiny bit.

• canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    [Eeek, double post!]
  • @katesmama0706  oh, that is good to know, thanks!! :smile:

@canavara  Yeah, it was rough. I had felt super confident about this pregnancy and that everything was going just fine until I had that dream--now it's causing me to question everything, which I hate. Just gotta make it to my first appointment!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• LecoolLecool member
    @canavara I totally hear you on the low blood sugar thing. I've been cooking a lot less lately because I either can't tolerate the smell of cooking (meat especially), or I seriously can't wait that long to eat. My husband was just teasing me last night for eating a snack while cooking dinner.

• How far along are you? EDD?  9+5, 1/25/17

How are you feeling? Dead. I am dead. I didn't know you could be dead tired and nauseated at the same time. Also I have been having the worst gas pains of my life the last week or so.

R/R/Other:  I can't wait until my first midwife appointment this Friday! 

Questions: Can't think of any.

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? We go to Texas de Brazil a lot for anniversaries, birthdays, etc. We haven't gone since February though. I miss goat cheese.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • How far along are you? EDD?  12w3d, due 1/6/17

How are you feeling? super tired today. I tossed and turned all night. I also have a monster headache that I can't seem to shake.  I would have called in today, but we have reports to get out, so I didn't. C'mon 5:00! I wanna go home and sleep forever.

R/R/Other:  My best friend informed me that her sister in law (who I used to be friends with) saw my pregnancy announcement on Facebook, and was LIVID that my best friend didn't tell her before I posted, and said something snarky to the effect of "Glad she got pregnant so easily and is flaunting it everywhere." WHOA. First of all, DH and I had to get through so many hoops to get pregnant. She has no idea about our struggle, and also, we posted ONE picture about it. It's not like I blow up Facebook talking about my pregnancy every day. It just really hurt my feelings.

Questions: What have y'all been taking for headaches? I have been taking Tylenol regular strength, but I feel like it doesn't do anything at all.

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? We really like a local Italian place that is in a nondescript shopping center.  From the looks of it outside, you would never know how chic it is on the inside.  The food and service is always spot on. We love it.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• @kellybean1988 I had those same dreams pretty early on and I've been worrying about an MC too. My last loss was "late" compared to most, about 8 weeks in, so I worry about having another late loss. Also, my symptoms have been coming and going the last few days as well. Yesterday I wasn't nauseated at all but today was hell.

@Mylitta Is it your hips or your lower back/tailbone area? My tailbone area is killing me. 

@sldp123 I think my current prenatal has 800mcg. I was just told to take at least 400mcg.

@Lecool Same with me, this weekend I had almost no symptoms, but today hit me like a Mack truck.

@katesmama0706 I feel you. It's like I want to just sleep for the next month.

@canavara I'm so glad you saw your LO and that everything looks good! I've been lurking the D16 boards and my DH freaked out when he saw some of the 12 week and up ultrasounds. He was like "WTF happens in the month between our 8 week ultrasound and these 12 week ones? Ours is a gummy bear and that is a full blown baby!" Also, I'm not having the "I need to eat now or I'll die" feelings, but I am having the "I need to eat now or I'll puke" feeling.

@gonetothesea A lot of people are assuming we got KU super easily as well since we're still on the young side (23 and 24) but I've been correcting everyone who's said anything about it. I don't mind sharing that it wasn't as simple as "we chucked the condoms one month and here we are" like another of my friends did.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • MylittaMylitta member
    edited June 2016
    @canavara and @kellybean1988 I feel a little stupid that I didn't even think if that! I wil definitely look some up and give it a shot. And I know it says left side sleeping is best... but why? I would've assumed right side so your heart has less stress/weight.

@canavara I think my need to eat issues are relayed to blood sugar. I went through a period of my life where I would forget to eat (seriously, I'd just get busy and put it off) until I went like 2-3 days without food and felt awful - nauseous, dizzy, sweaty. This was around high school/college timeline. (Sadly my mom would call me daily when I moved out to ask if I had eaten... sometimes that's what actually reminded me)
    Now if I go more than 8-10 hours my body flips out... less if I'm being active. Being pregnant had shrunk that time line to like 2-3 hours. I pretty much started keeping little things around the house. Nuts, apples, fruit and veggies in general, cheese and crackers, chocolate milk. So I can grab an apple or something to help me think about actual food. Gives you a little space... maybe give that a shot? 

@PaukMeKiande You don't have to give up goat cheese. Most cheeses in the US are pasteurized... just check the lable. I've been eating fresh mozzerella but verifying before I buy it. 

Eta: Forgot a comment
  • @Mylitta I can't see the package when we go out to eat at Texas de Brazil though, which has the most amazing goat cheese I've ever tasted.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @gonetothesea A lot of people are assuming we got KU super easily as well since we're still on the young side (23 and 24) but I've been correcting everyone who's said anything about it. I don't mind sharing that it wasn't as simple as "we chucked the condoms one month and here we are" like another of my friends did.
    I'm so glad you can relate!  I have contemplated writing a Facebook post setting the record straight, but I don't know if that would rock the boat more, or if I should just simply delete her and brush it off.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• @gonetothesea ugh. That makes me ragey. I'd say something about it. I recently opened up on Facebook about our first pregnancy which ended in a loss about 2 years ago because people kept saying things that were like "loss Olympics" (the "well we've been trying for years and had multiple losses so your one loss is insignificant to my pain") and it made me mad. But where she didn't say it directly to you I don't know how I would approach it (fb vs to her face) but I'd definitely say something because holy bitchy. 
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    @gonetothesea A lot of people are assuming we got KU super easily as well since we're still on the young side (23 and 24) but I've been correcting everyone who's said anything about it. I don't mind sharing that it wasn't as simple as "we chucked the condoms one month and here we are" like another of my friends did.
    I'm so glad you can relate!  I have contemplated writing a Facebook post setting the record straight, but I don't know if that would rock the boat more, or if I should just simply delete her and brush it off.
    You shouldn't have to defend yourself. That's such an overreaction (on her part)

I'm one of those people that posts a lot--I'm thrilled to be pregnant after a loss and I'm grateful for it... it's part of the life experience just as much as traveling and new jobs and all that fun stuff... but I know it's such a fine line because I remember being on the other side of the fence and feeling irrationally resentful at other people's announcements (mostly the cutesy "UH OH HERE WE GO AGAIN!" ones that joke about it being an accident) and sometimes feel weird knowing that I might have friends who are struggling to conceive or who have had losses and just have not shared that information.

My cousin got pregnant about 4 weeks before I did and had a placental abruption and loss at 14 weeks--the same week I announced my pregnancy--and at first I felt profoundly weird being publicly excited but decided to volunteer to bring her family dinner last week to clear the air and got the chance to talk to her about and even though she is really sad about her own loss, rightfully, she knows I'm truly sorry for her loss while also being happy about my own pregnancy... talking about struggles and losses and all that with people really can bridge a lot of resentment and animosity. 
  • How far along are you? EDD?  12 weeks  + 3 days   Jan 7

How are you feeling?  I have come down with either the flu or food poisoning this weekend, so that has been brutal. I can't seem to keep food in me, I have been living off soup and toast and drinking lots of fluids to ensure I don't get dehydrated. I have an OB apt this afternoon so I will talk to her about it. 

Otherwise I feel pretty good, mild cramping (RLP?) and some food aversions and nausea but nothing major. 

R/R/Other:  This sickness has me a bit on edge and I am hoping baby is still healthy... I am trying to stay hydrated though and that is all I can do. 

Questions: Anyone else been sick in first trimester? Any tips on how to get through it?

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO?  We have amazing locally ran farm to table type restaurants downtown owned and ran by amazing chefs. There is a new italian one that opened that we are planning to go to for our anniversary. We consider ourselves foodies and love trying new places!

• @sarahmsoda I had a nasty bug last time around I wanna say around week 12. It's hard cause you can't reach for the stuff you usually do as far as OTC stuff. Gatorade and popsicles are my only suggestion. Feel better!

DH asked me this morning about weaning DD from her pacifier. She takes it at naptime and bedtime and in the car and turns 1 next week. I'm not anxious to take it away at all since it isn't a daytime thing and isn't affecting her speech and had planned on it going away around 18 months. DH mentioned then we'd take it away and let a new baby have one which could lead to jealousy and stuff. Which yeah. He's probably right but I don't wanna think about that stuff now. I'm just so tired I don't have the mental capacity to think about 6 months from now!
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    How far along are you? EDD?  9w5d 1/25/16

How are you feeling? OK still very nauseas but not vomiting like the other week.  I am down and not excited,but I am hoping to get over this soon.  I can't wait for the second trimester!

R/R/Other:   nothing much going on.  Have gotten around to telling a few other people.. but not a ton. 

Questions:

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @gonetothesea  @PaukMeKiande

I feel like a lot of our friends just assumed we waited awhile to get pregnant and only a few close friends actually knew our TTC struggles. We didn't even let my DH's family know because we didn't feel they would know how to support us. Now that we are pregnant we are being a lot more open about our TTC journey and I feel like when we announce on FB we will write a little blurb about our miracle and the journey that led to it. I am always surprised once we open up how many other people have had similar struggles or know other who have. 

• LecoolLecool member
    edited June 2016
    @gonetothesea I can't believe she made that comment. She has absolutely no idea about your experience, or anyone else's for that matter. Same to you @PaukMeKiande. I don't understand why anyone would even make comments like that to either of you without having any information to support those comments.

• Lecool said:
    @gonetothesea I can't believe she made that comment. She has absolutely no idea about your experience, or anyone else's for that matter. Same to you @PaukMeKiande. I don't understand why anyone would even make comments like that to either of you without having any information to support those comments.
    EXACTLY what she said. People can be so insensitive. I am thinking of both of you!!!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• @kellybean1988 thanks for that info! That's interesting regarding the folate vs. folic acid. I'm going to read more about that, but I talked to my OB last night. She called me back herself at like 7pm, I was shocked, I assumed a nurse would just relay the info. Anyway, she said she didn't think the folic acid would have anything to do with the spotting, but she did say that my PNV with 800mcg is enough, even with twins, so if I wanted to stop the extra 800mcg that my RE told me to start taking, that wouldn't be a problem. So I did, and lo and behold, no spotting yet today, haha. So weird. 

• @gonetothesea for headaches, I've been taking extra strength Tylenol, which doesn't seem to do much, but I'm pretty sure it's the only approved pain reliever. What has been working for me is pairing it with caffeine. I'm not sure what your normal caffeine intake is like, but it might be worth a try. I have been limiting caffeine, so when I do have some to try to shake a headache, it seems to do the trick. 

• sldp123 said:
    @gonetothesea for headaches, I've been taking extra strength Tylenol, which doesn't seem to do much, but I'm pretty sure it's the only approved pain reliever. What has been working for me is pairing it with caffeine. I'm not sure what your normal caffeine intake is like, but it might be worth a try. I have been limiting caffeine, so when I do have some to try to shake a headache, it seems to do the trick. 
    That's what I have been hearing about the caffeine! I think I'm just gonna have to drink a coke today when taking my Tylenol and see if that does the trick. Thanks.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• I just bought a bella band, y'all. My pants fit but are too tight when I button them and are ok when I stand up, but sitting at work all day is torture. In fact, I'm sitting with my pants unbuttoned right now...no shits given. lol I can't wait 'till I get this thing in the mail on Thursday!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• @kellybean1988 ugh I looked for a new Bella band at Target today which is where I got mine last pregnancy and wore all the elastic out of. And they didn't have any! I need to order one I guess but I'm super jealous
  • LecoolLecool member
    @kellybean1988 I got a Bella Band last week and it has been amazing for the days when I actually have to wear real pants. I wear gym pants most the time at work, which has been super lucky with my insane bloat, but the days I had to wear jeans/slacks were torture before I bought it. Money well spent!

• @katesmama0706  and @Lecool , I am soooo excited! It comes in the mail tomorrow. I ordered mine on Amazon. It can't get here soon enough! (and lecool, so jealous you can wear gym pants to work, that's amazing!) I have to wear nice pants every damn day--while the rest of the campus gets "casual Friday," we still have to dress up because we host prospective students all the time. boo!)
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• LecoolLecool member
    @kellybean1988 I am pretty lucky! I work for a health/wellness company where everyone is pretty active, so most everyone wears workout gear to work. Plus, I work from home 2 days a week, so those days are even more casual. It's really nice, but it hasn't done much to improve my wardrobe or daily appearance haha. 

• AH! I thought I posted on Monday!

How far along are you? EDD?  11w2d/ 1.16.17

How are you feeling? I have days where I hardly feel anything and then others where the nausea kicks my ass. Mostly, I just feel really tired all the time.

R/R/Other: This week has been extremely trying... I'm doing everything I can to rein in some of these hormonal reactions. Basically, I want to release the wrath on everybody.

Questions: New weird symptom- my teeth hurt. Like, they all feel like they have cavities. Anybody else experiencing this?

GTKY - What is your go-to restaurant for a date night with your SO? We have a bistro that serves amazing calamari, bourbon street shrimp (blackened shrimp with a creamy lobster cheese sauce), delicious red cabbage salad, and creme brûlée with a chocolate sauce bottom. And now I need to have all of this...
  • LecoolLecool member
    @loveinak I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your teeth pain symptom, but I went to the dentist today for a routine checkup and cleaning, and the hygienist told me that it's very common to have some weird mouth stuff during pregnancy due to all the hormones flying around. Pregnant women are very susceptible to gingivitis, and she also warned me that inflammation can be common as well. She just said that it was important to keep your mouth clean and keep up with brushing and flossing. Again, not sure if this is your issue, but that's the info I got today at the dentist!

• @Lecool That definitely helps. I suppose I should start brushing my teeth (kidding). I actually feel like I can never get my mouth clean enough.
  • LecoolLecool member
    edited June 2016
    @loveinak I've been feeling the same way! That's why we were discussing it at the dentist. Lately, I've been waking up with terrible breath, and never feel like my mouth is clean. The hygienist said that the extra hormones probably make me have extra stuff going on in my mouth, and also I'm probably more sensitive to it right now. She suggested that I get a tongue scraper and add that to my brushing/flossing routine. She said it might help get the extra yuckiness out of my mouth. 

• @loveinak omg yes at the mouth weirdness. My teeth never feel clean. I got my BFP the night before going to my routine dental cleaning (I knew I was going to have to get x-rays so I was like, "better be safe...") and so I had to tell them, at 3.5 weeks, that I was pregnant haha, and the first thing the dental hygienist said was, "Girl your mouth is going to feel so gross in a few weeks when all the hormones kick in..."