Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco in a Camry?

Does anyone have a newer Toyota Camry with Chicco car seats? If so, how is the fit? I currently have a 2007 Honda Civic with my son in a Chicco Nextfit. We have a new baby on the way, who will be in a Chicco Keyfit 30. I'm thinking about buying a 2016 Camry. I'm just worried about a tight fit with 2 seats. I thought about a Toyota Sienna, but it's huge and gas mileage is not ideal.
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Chicco in a Camry?

• I don't have that car, but what we did when we went looking at new cars for me, was we adjusted the front seats to where we would be comfortable when driving and then put the carseat in the back to see if it would fit. If it didn't fit, then that's a quick No on that one. There were several that we couldn't even get the seat in the back, much less have any room. We did this since DH is 6'1". 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Meery82Meery82 member
    Ok, thanks. We did plan to do that, my DH is also 6'1" and I am 5'9"
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2016
    We had 2 Nextfits rearfacing in an '07 Camry and DH (6'1") could ride comfortably as the passenger or the driver without touching the carseats.

I tried to get 3 Nextfits in it where 2 were RF and 1 was FF and that did not work out very well because of the way the Nextfits widen and they move up from the base.  We're hoping to get a 5 pt harness that will fit between the two Nextfits.  By measurements it looks promising, but I haven't tried any out yet.

ETA: We have them both installed outboard and there's enough space in the middle that they still can't reach each other which really limits the fighting. 

• I have a new Camry and it fits full size seats as well as any sedan can be expected to. I have a Maxi Cosi and I've put my friends Next Fit in (both RF) and it's fine. I'm not sure my husband would enjoy driving with two large rear facing seats, but he has much longer legs than mine and it wasn't an issue for me.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker