July 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend Bitchfest

what are you bitching about this weekend ladies?

Re: Weekend Bitchfest

• Options
    I am just so....done. I'm laying in bed right now drinking iced coffee. So uncomfortable with relentless false labor. And my feet are now swollen 24-7. No idea how I'll make it through another work week.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't even wanna do work next week. Walking sucks, she's gotten so heavy and it feels like she's going to fall the f out sometimes.  Oh and it's HOT and I'm done with it.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Stairs suck. I have so much to do before the baby gets here and I get breathless walking up a flight of stairs and have to rest. Like seriously? I know birthing videos on Youtube are very informative but dear god it scares me even more after watching. All the screaming!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    It's freaking out and humid out. There should be laws against being this pregnant and having it be this hot! I'd choose being cold over this any day! 
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    I am just so....done. I'm laying in bed right now drinking iced coffee. So uncomfortable with relentless false labor. And my feet are now swollen 24-7. No idea how I'll make it through another work week.
    This. So fucking this. Ive been bargaining with hubby all week to convince him (and myself really) that I shouldn't go back to work this week. Due date is Friday. Haven't I done enough?
  • Options
    Peeing all the damn time. I didn't even know a person could possibly pee this much. I'm tempted to invest in extra absorbent Depends so that I don't have to get up every 30 minutes during the night.
  • Options
    @HenchBytch Yes!  And going from sitting to standing feels like it will shatter my pelvis/ belly will rip off. 
  • Options
    Tried to sit on the floor thinking the hardness would feel better as I get uncomfortable on the couch now.... Holy hell I thought my body was being ripped in two. Never ever sit on the floor 38.9 weeks pregnant 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I did that while reorganizing shoes in the closet. Getting up was pretty much the worst ever
  • Options
    @backbypopulardemand I do a lot of unattractive, awkward rolling around to get on all fours before I'm able to get up off the floor. And then it still takes me a a couple of minutes of flailing about to get up from there. Fun, isn't it?
  • Options
    I can't sleep and feel like I'm going to get sick! 
    Also DH is a being a bed hog so I am in a recliner in the living room. I can't even complain about it to him because he always claims it's me and we end up fighting over it. 
    2 weeks to go... I can do this
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    I have maternity pictures in a hour and a half and I just want to sleep in. I'm not feeling photogenic this morning. Thankfully it's with SO's friend so it's not going to be all awkward. Or maybe it is. Either way my bed sounds better. 
  • Options
    I had a complete meltdown last night. My FIL came over to help MH with something. Then he starts talking about how my MIL bought herself a car seat at a garage sale to put in her car. I told her if she needed a car seat she should just get the base that goes with ours but noooooooo. So I asked him if it was used and if he knew it's history and it's expiration and of course he didn't. Then he says that they expect a phone call as soon as I go into labor so they can rush to the hospital and wait. No. NO. We've been through this and I don't want people in the waiting room room but naturally my MIL waits until a week before my due date to start throwing out demands to guilt her son and say they shouldn't be left out. MH explained again that we will be having 1-2 hours of uninterrupted skin to skin after the birth and having everyone waiting around during that time will be a lot of pressure for us and we'd rather have them come after but FIL completely brushed it off. 

Ffffffffffffiuuuuuccccckkjjjjjjkmkkkkkkkk. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 for some reason I cringe at the thought of putting my baby in a used car seat from someone I don't even know. It's like buying a used mattress. Not to knock anyone who has to go that route because those suckers are expensive. The clean person inside me would just be nagging at the back of my mind at how many blowouts occurred in that seat. But you also have no idea how that seat was taken care of, were they in an accident, etc. We have the same car seat as DH's sister who had her baby a few months ago, so everyone's bases match and it's really convenient that way at least. 

My bitch is that late last night, DH's step mom decides to post on Facebook and tag DH and I in a status about "4 more days!" (until my c-section) that we clearly stated we weren't telling anyone else about until later that actual day. I specifically don't want my mom knowing and trying to drive up here - that's another story in itself. Then this morning, DH's chain-smoking grandma, who I get along with fine but she always REAKS of smoke, was asking if we were going to have a c-section due to she heard the baby was still breach. I think someone blabbed. Husband said yeahhhh maybe, I forget what day, I just show up when I'm told to. I know they are excited but just calm down, she's coming out eventually and you WILL all get to see her at some point. But damn, Gina, give me some time to recover.  

• Options
    @stellaluna14 my MIL pulled that same tantrum of wanting to be called right away on our way to the hospital and I shut that shit down real quick! I don't even really want anyone at the hospital as it is, and would rather have that time to my husband, baby and I and have everyone meet us at our house once we're home. Unfortunately, I think we got guilted into at least the next morning in the hospital for family...if they have the tdap!
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 that's obnoxious!!! Your baby, your rules. Luckily, baby isn't here yet and your husband has time to shut that down directly with MIL and not through FIL. She may not like it but she doesn't have a choice! If she still fights it, your husband could "forget" to call her. It's not nice, but she's not respecting boundaries.

My mom wasn't thrilled with the golden hour parent bonding time but I think her and my MIL have come to the conclusion that they're not in charge, we are. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Booooo @stellaluna14.  Can you just make sure your MIL never drives LO?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @stellaluna14 You have to put your foot down, at the end of the day you'll have enough to be worrying about while in labor. You don't want to be thinking that there's people waiting to barge into the room minutes after you've given birth. Throughout my whole pregnancy my mother has tried to guilt trip/bully me into doing what she wanted regarding giving birth. At first I just let it slide but it eventually got to me and I snapped. If it comes to it, just "forget" to call your in-laws. Yeah they'll probably be pissed but let them deal with it, either way they get to see the baby. A relaxing birth for you makes a relaxing atmosphere for the baby and that's all that really matters!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 I TOTALLY agree with you! We haven't told -- and won't be telling -- our family of our scheduled induction. We'll just call once he's born. That gives us the time we need to welcome the new little pressure free. It's your birth.MIL can step back!
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 stay strong! Not having people waiting was so worth it even though it hurt some feelings (and considering ours took 60 hours that would be a lot of waiting!) and it kept us sane. You guys will be busy enough at the hospital. The nurses are great at kicking people out, let them help with that if hubby gets trapped. 
  • Options
    Your last paragraph exactly @stellaluna14 ! Why isn't it about us and the baby?! So frustrating!
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 my mom has tried the guilt trip, I told her well at our hospital the waiting room looked nice and comfortable and they had a nice big tv. I told people 24 hours, they're pretty lucky your doing 1-2 hours with out guests.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy