February 2017 Moms

"Metallic" taste anyone?

For the past couple of days I've just had this icky taste in my mouth. No matter what I ate, drank, how many times I brushed my teeth, and then today it was definitely more of a metallic taste. I had this during the first tri with my daughter and totally forgot how annoying it is. I don't drink juices or pop so I have a hard time keeping it at bay with just water.

Anyone else dealing with this as well?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: "Metallic" taste anyone?

• Yes, this happened to me a few days ago!  Sweet-tasting things made it worse, but salty/sour flavors helped.  A lot of things I read said that chewing mint gum would help, but that was NOT helpful for me.
  • It may be due to your prenatal vitamin.
    Expecting #5
    Rainbow baby after 3 losses
    Due February, 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Mine's more "earthy" than metallic. It tastes how a swamp smells. I fortunately can still brush my teeth without gagging, and take full advantage of that. Uck uck uck.
  • @thehappyphotog I read that can be a cause as well. I had the same issue with another prenatal that I had to take while pg with dd too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had that in my last pregnancy. It was especially worse after having anything sweet. Luckily mine past after just a few days so I hope hours does too!