November 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 6/23

Re: UO Thursday 6/23

• Options
    I'll start. I hate cherries and I love blue cheese. 
  • Options
    I hate strawberries
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    loko08loko08 member
    I hate gummie snacks. Gummy bears, licorice, fruit rolls ups, sour patch kids, ugh. Disgusting! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    cagirl18 said:
    I hate gummie snacks. Gummy bears, licorice, fruit rolls ups, sour patch kids, ugh. Disgusting! 
    I agree! Anything sour and chewy is just no. 

Though where inassume my UO lies is that I cannot stand stickers. They are disgusting and I do, admittedly, gag from time to time when I find one unnecessarily half stuck somewhere it shouldn't be. Ugh. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    I also hate gummys but I wouldn't count fruit roll ups or licorice as gummys. Totally not the same texture.
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    I don't love or hate gummies- they're fine!
    I do hate cherries though. I honestly think cough syrup, etc. ruined it for me. The same way glade air freshener smells like poop. The association is just too strong.
  • Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    Cherry is my favorite flavor for candy. And now I really want gummy worms.

My opinion may be more popular than unpopular, but I don't agree with inducing labor to avoid a certain date. I know a girl who was induced so she didn't have her baby on Friday the 13th. I don't understand why doctors would allow this.
  • Options
    whaat said:
    I don't love or hate gummies- they're fine!
    I do hate cherries though. I honestly think cough syrup, etc. ruined it for me. The same way glade air freshener smells like poop. The association is just too strong.
    This reminds me of how I came to love chipotle. I used to hate it so DH would take me out for cold stone as a thank you treat afterwards. It worked!
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    lrg14 said:

My opinion may be more popular than unpopular, but I don't agree with inducing labor to avoid a certain date. I know a girl who was induced so she didn't have her baby on Friday the 13th. I don't understand why doctors would allow this.
    Omg I would love if my baby was born on Friday the 13th. I'm due Nov 2nd but I would love to end up having the baby on Oct 31. Because obviously I'm creepy.
  • Options
    loko08loko08 member
    lrg14 said:

If I had to choose an induction date, I would totally choose Friday the 13th. On purpose! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options

cagirl18 said:
    Ditto!!!  With the exception of Twizzlers... those I can tolerate.
  • Options
    AlexLindzzAlexLindzz member
    edited June 2016
    whaat said:
    lrg14 said:

Omg I would love if my baby was born on Friday the 13th. I'm due Nov 2nd but I would love to end up having the baby on Oct 31. Because obviously I'm creepy.
    I was born on Friday the 13th  >:)
    My mom was induced too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lrg14 said:

Heyyyy wtf I was born on Friday the 13th. And I am awesome.

I really don't get how anyone can be superstitious about shit like that in this day and age. I have my own little things but I know they're silly and I certainly don't think a certain day is bad luck just because someone says so. Mine come from my own little neuroses, as they should  :D

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• Options
    Kittens22Kittens22 member
    edited June 2016
    @hotsauceswagbag I think these days, those types of superstitions are cultural more than anything. Like in Asian culture 8 is good to be associated with anything, so where I live doctors often after to induce to accommodate days with 8's. It's common practice now where I live. And opposite to avoid days with 4 (bad luck in Asian culture)... even my apartment building has no 4th or 14th floor.
  • Options
    Kittens22 said:
    @hotsauceswagbag I think these days, those types of superstitions are cultural more than anything. Like in Asian culture 8 is good to be associated with anything, so where I live doctors often after to induce to accommodate days with 8's. It's common practice now where I live. And opposite to avoid days with 4 (bad luck in Asian culture)... even my apartment building has no 4th or 14th floor.
    Good to know. There's a huge Hmong culture here and I know it's bad luck to touch a baby's head and a bunch of other things but I wasn't aware of numbers. That's a very shamanism based culture and more understandable I think. Superstitions like the evil eye are more of a way of understanding how things work vs being fearful of a specific thing or day. 

I suppose deep down 13, black cats, etc are cultural as well to Europe, but just silly by this point, I guess since prevailing western culture is more sciencey, therefore I'm less tolerant of traditional western superstitions. Or something like that. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• Options
    Hip-huggers cause muffin-tops.

• Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Shima42 said:
    Hip-huggers cause muffin-tops.
    Which isn't necessarily a problem, but it's weird when people are surprised by it. Like.. Didn't we all live through 2001?
  • Options
    People don't actually believe me when I tell them.  They say things like, "You can't do anything externally to change the shape of your body," or, "It's just a 'hip dip.'"  They have, apparently, never heard of corsetry or foot binding, and think that they are just fat or were born with rolls there.  I think it's a tragedy.  The female form is a beautiful thing that the fashion industry has almost literally chopped in half.