Baby Names

Ryker or Jax?

Which one for a boy name?? We like both and can't decide!! 

Re: Ryker or Jax?

• With Ryker I think the Third Reich. Not necessarily something I want my child associated with. I much prefer Jack to Jax. Jax fits into the whole Jaxon/Jackson/Jaxson trend that is really popular right now and NMS. 
    That being said, go with what you love. Of the two I would go with Jax.
  • Loading the player...
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I think of nazis or Riker's Island (the prison). Not exactly two great associations. And with Jax, I think of a currently trendy boys name that will sound very dated. Not a fan of either, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Jax. But I agree with @Bringmemylongswordho said, I'd name him Jackson.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Like Will Ryker, from Star Trek? I don't really favor the name, although I don't care for Jax either. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Both would be a no for me.
  • Of those two, my vote would be for Jax. Dax or Dash might also be up your alley. Congratulations, mama! 
  • Ryker is all prison and nazis to me, so that's a hard no. Jack or Jackson, nn Jax, would get my vote.
  • Fyi, I've even started to see Jackson variations on girls IRL...the most recent of which is Jaxzen  :s
  • Jackson, nn Jax.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • ecwkecwk member
    Option C 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like either. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Neither. Yuck
  • Neither, for reasons PPs mentioned
  • Jax has my vote
  • Definitely not Ryker. I would pick Jackson with nickname Jack or Jacks. 

To me JAX is only used as a shorthand for Jacksonville and its airport. Kind of like naming your child LAX on the West Coast.
  • Truthfully, I don't really care for either. If I absolutely had to choose, I'd say Ryker, but only because I think Jax is so totally overdone and I prefer Jack 100-fold. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @heyjune yes to airport codes! Being in MA, that's how I feel about the name Logan. Perfectly good name, but around here it's the airport. lol

Also vote a big fat no to both of these names.

• Not a fan of either, especially not Ryker due to the Nazi/prison thing. Jax is super trendy and does not age well at all. 
    BabyGaga
  • Honestly, both are pretty terrible.

Jack would be the best bet.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • One of my friends has a Ryker. I think it is cute. I also love Jax because I am a huge Sons fan. :-)
  • Ryker is also a really insufferable Star Trek character. I have a friend with a dog with that name and it's cute for a dog, not so much a human. I like the sound of the name but there's too many bad associations with it. Jax is really not as original as people think these days. Honestly can't really pick between the two. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself