Baby Names

Claire or Cassidy?

Help us decide please :smile:

Re: Claire or Cassidy?

• Look. You keep bringing up Cassidy,  despite a solid chunk of the responses saying it's either dated, ugly or boring, so it's probably the one you actually want to use. 

I personally prefer Claire,  or Cassandra nn Cassidy like another poster suggested. But what I like doesn't really matter here.
  • I'm a Cassidy fan. I'm in an area where Claire is super popular. I know a lot of them under the age of 5. It is also thrown in as a filler middle name a lot here.

I think Cassidy sounds fresh and sweet whereas Claire is kind of boring to me (probably because I know so many of them). I don't see anything wrong with either name, I just prefer Cassidy.

• Loading the player...
  • Go with what you and your husband love instead of listening to what anyone else says.

Or take both to the hospital and decide once you see her :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I like Cassidy. Claire sounds like an old lady to me. I know it's popular. Just NMS. 
  • This is the third time (correct me if I'm wrong?) that you've asked about Cassidy. Just go with it already, because you clearly love it. You're the one who has to love and live with the name you choose, not any of us.
  • @Bringmemylongswordho Haha! So you've noticed. We're in the process of narrowing it down, so, sorry if I'm spamming you guys' feed. I do love Cassidy, but I also love Claire. Hubby prefers Claire and I prefer Cassidy. We have too many Cassandras in the family to consider it. Thanks for the feedback! 
  • @hey&June Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way. That Cassidy is fresh and sweet and different enough without being too weird. And Claire is way too common. 
  • @laurenm2123 that is great advice. Thanks! :-) 
  • Cassidy is original and great! 
    I don't like Claire, too popular for me...

• I love Claire and used it for my DD's middle name (didn't like the flow of it as a fn), but I do think Cassidy is more unique and it's obviously a favorite of yours, so I'd say go with it. If you aren't opposed to the alliteration, I think Cassidy Claire flows nicely as a first and MN combo
  • Thank you, ladies. Your feedback has been very helpful. I really appreciate it! :smile:
  • Cassidy sounds like a little girls name...can't picture it on a grown up at all.
  • Why don't you just go with Cassidy Claire?  Or Claire Cassidy?  It's pretty clear you can't let either of these names go and you love one and your H loves the other.  Both of you win with this compromise.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Claire is much more grown up than cassidy
  • Thanks for all the feedback, ladies. I really appreciate it. You've all been super helpful. :smile: