November 2016 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday 6/22

• Love the gif @MrsMaryK2016 !

I hate to do this again, but WTF is up with our board?!? Read the rules and embrace them... there are too many individual threads for me to want to keep coming back because I can't follow a darn thing. Not to mention the repetitious created threads!

Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Yes I agree. I wish this was more structured like the TTGP board where it's only appropriate to create a new thread on a topic that hasn't been discussed yet. These name ideas have been discussed ad nauseam and just clutter up the board. Why are people speshul enough to post their own thread about it when others are posting in the long name thread? Don't get it. Lurk more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • whaatwhaat member
    You guys have to call them out on the repetitive threads and direct them to the original thread. I've seen it work but I've never kept track enough to do it myself.
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    I'm hating the repeated threads! I feel like the mess of the board and sadly the slow participation has made it so I can't remember what I've already commented on.

My WTF is my body. I felt super nauseous this morning, so much so that I left work early. I don't know if it's pregnancy or a bug, but it sucks.
  • I get that there are rules and cluttering up the board sucks, but a lot of questions go unanswered in the long threads. They may get one or two responses before the question is buried but by creating a new thread they can get 10+ answers. First this bmb was dead now people are coming out of lurking and there's activity again but they don't know the rules. Which is better? 
  • It would also help if we had people who actually posted the weekly threads reliably. I saw on one board that they did a sign up so new people could step in and take responsibility for that stuff. I would be cool with doing that if everyone thinks it's necessary.
  • It would also help if we had people who actually posted the weekly threads reliably. I saw on one board that they did a sign up so new people could step in and take responsibility for that stuff. I would be cool with doing that if everyone thinks it's necessary.
    We did have people who regularly posted weekly threads, until the ban-a-thon occurred. 
  • WTF is with people at WORK touching my stomach?  Seriously?  I've yelled at my mom four times for doing it, told my fiance he has to tell his mom not to do it (just don't have the same relationship with her as my mom obvi).  I've never felt the need to rub someone's belly (even my own sisters) so I just do not get why random people will just do it to me.  They're not rubbing my fiance's!
  • Butterkup said:
    It would also help if we had people who actually posted the weekly threads reliably. I saw on one board that they did a sign up so new people could step in and take responsibility for that stuff. I would be cool with doing that if everyone thinks it's necessary.
    We did have people who regularly posted weekly threads, until the ban-a-thon occurred. 
    Yeah, I mean I would assume that was the case but since everyone left for the private board no one has stepped up to do those now. I don't mind doing a sign up if it helps clear up the board clutter.
  • Butterkup said:
    It would also help if we had people who actually posted the weekly threads reliably. I saw on one board that they did a sign up so new people could step in and take responsibility for that stuff. I would be cool with doing that if everyone thinks it's necessary.
    Yeah, I mean I would assume that was the case but since everyone left for the private board no one has stepped up to do those now. I don't mind doing a sign up if it helps clear up the board clutter.
    That's why I've been doing the ticker change every day... but I threw up the weekly symptoms thread and suddenly we had a hip thread, an anterior placenta thread, etc... @lizap77 - I get that things get buried, but they wouldn't if we had our weekly threads where everyone posted. When the board was dead, it was killer, but now it's a mess and feels a lot like all the other sites we avoid. I mean, why are there multiple name threads when we had one AND there's an entire group dedicated to it!?

• Leash14a said:
    Yes I agree. I wish this was more structured like the TTGP board where it's only appropriate to create a new thread on a topic that hasn't been discussed yet. These name ideas have been discussed ad nauseam and just clutter up the board. Why are people speshul enough to post their own thread about it when others are posting in the long name thread? Don't get it. Lurk more. 

• WTF shyness. I want to be involved with this board SO BAD!!! I read everything and then i'm like I have nothing interesting to contribute...move on. Gotta get out of that mindset! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bzzrbee28  I do that a lot too, it's hard being an introvert on the internet!  :#

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bzzrbee28 - I lurked my entire first pregnancy and wish I hadn't. This time, I really didn't become active until the board started to lose it's panache. You don't need to be interesting - just share!
  • lizap77 said:
    I get that there are rules and cluttering up the board sucks, but a lot of questions go unanswered in the long threads. They may get one or two responses before the question is buried but by creating a new thread they can get 10+ answers. First this bmb was dead now people are coming out of lurking and there's activity again but they don't know the rules. Which is better? 
    It's also self serving. Give support you get support.  Most of those people seem to post and ghost. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ I also lurked my entire first pregnancy. At the end when everyone was up in the middle of the night chatting and then the excitement of everyone having their babies I was so sad I hadn't jumped in - it's such a good support system. I promised myself I wouldn't be like that this time. At least there's still time! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an employee who completed all her paperwork to sign up for our corporate insurance plan and got her insurance cards in the mail last week but they only had two of her kids on them. She got mad at me about it and when I pulled her sign up form she had only put 2 dependents on the form. So I showed her the form and told her to fill out a new one with the extra kid thinking she had somehow missed one kid (still crazy to me but maybe she was distracted while filing it out).

Just gave it back to me and it's got 5 kids on it. You guys, she forgot to add 3 kids.
  • I have an employee who completed all her paperwork to sign up for our corporate insurance plan and got her insurance cards in the mail last week but they only had two of her kids on them. She got mad at me about it and when I pulled her sign up form she had only put 2 dependents on the form. So I showed her the form and told her to fill out a new one with the extra kid thinking she had somehow missed one kid (still crazy to me but maybe she was distracted while filing it out).

Just gave it back to me and it's got 5 kids on it. You guys, she forgot to add 3 kids.
    Oh my god that's ind of hilarious and really sad at the same time...
  • Lol @MrsMaryK2016. I have so many questions! Did she forget her youngest kids? Her oldest? Her least favorite??? Oh the possibilities...