September 2015 Moms

Has your baby started taking steps by themselves?

babybumb1229babybumb1229 member
edited June 2016 in September 2015 Moms

Has your baby started taking steps by themselves? 133 votes

Yes
27% 36 votes
No
66% 89 votes
Already walks
6% 8 votes

Re: Has your baby started taking steps by themselves?

• Successful steps? No.

but he sure as hell tries! And he's got the bruises to prove it. Lol!! 
  • omg, so happy my LO isn't the only one covered in bruises in attempts to walk! His knees and his face. Ugh, as soon as one face bump was going away, he flopped onto his walker and hit the other side of his face. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lovelee85 lol! It's sad right?! Every time if pick him up from the sitter she's like, I'm so sorry, I just can't always catch him! Boom, new bruise. Lol 

I'd like to bubble wrap him before someone calls cps!
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited June 2016
    I said yes, but he's only taken 2 steps at a time unassisted without holding on to something. I won't call it legit until he takes 4, lol. But he walks around holding on to the furniture like a pro and is a little daredevil. Thank goodness for that foam mat I bought so when he takes a tumble it's not onto the hard floor!
  • DS2 loves to practice.  He has done a few good stretches by himself but usually falls pretty quickly.  A few times I counted 6 or 7 steps! He is weird though, he refuses to use his hands to stand and just wants to kind of step up from his knees which throws him off balance.  
  • tvistetviste member
    Successful steps? No.

but he sure as hell tries! And he's got the bruises to prove it. Lol!! 
    This is so my daughter! She got her first, second and third bruise all in a couple hours haha
  • momofsweetpsmomofsweetps member
    edited June 2016
    No no no noooooo... Praying we have some time.  Not ready. He cruises hanging on but not without something. He has stood not holding a few times. Makes me so sad. All of mine were early walkers and I'm hoping he will wait a bit.
  • My baby started with two steps here and there around the end of month seven and started walking back and forth at eight and a half months, now he's pretty good at walking at nine months. So if your baby is doing just a few steps, get ready, it happens quick! 
  • She's made a couple successful transfers from the coffee table to couch!
  • TabulaRasa25TabulaRasa25 member
    edited June 2016
    Successful unassisted steps, no, but he's been pulling himself up to standing using people and furniture for a couple of weeks, can cruise around while holding things, and has let go of everything and wobbled and crashed a few times.  His balance/core strength isn't there yet in terms of being able to take actual independent steps. But it's getting there!

• I voted no, although he takes steps when holding on to something (like the couch).
  • She isn't even trying to stand! We just started crawling and I'm 100% okay with that! 
  • Mine is cruising along furniture and he will walk with his push toy but he's not really even trying to stand without support yet.
  • I said no he can stand on his own but can't take steps by himself but he is trying although he has to grab on to things or my hands to walk still I think it's just a matter of time when he will start walking by himself!!!!! Wow aren't they growing up so fast! I catch my self looking at pictures and videos of him when he was a newborn. But I love seeing him grow and the progress he has made he went from not being to hold up his own head to now standing on his own almost walking by himself  :)
  • Uh, mine isn't even crawling! Just doing the army crawl. And I am 100% ok with that too! 
  • Update: yesterday she let go of the couch and tried. It resulted in a face plant!
  • He walks really well holding on to things like the couch, baby fence and his push toy. He's just started letting go and standing for a couple seconds but no steps yet 
  • She can only cruise on furniture and take a few steps with her rolling walker. I dont mind waiting. she is into everything just from crawling alone. 
  • Violet has started letting go and standing and I can tempt her into independent steps here and there.  She took 3-4 steps on her own on Independence Day.  She's not crawling yet though, and face plants when she gets close.  I think she might skip crawling.  
  • No, DS isn't even crawling yet. And I'm okay with it!
  • We had our first steps last night!!! He's currently 45 weeks 
  • Not yet but he is definitely trying! He loves to stand and try to take a few steps but then giggles when he falls over. I'm in trouble when he can walk because he's already pretty quick crawling! 
  • Piper (10 months) is pulling herself up into a standing position & cruising is right around the corner! She is trying to keep up with her two older brothers! 
  • @chelseajeanene what a precious first moment!
  • Chelsea he is so cute. Love how quick he was! I can't wait for the micro human to start walking but at the same time if he waits another 3-4 months I'd be okay too! 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Omg so adorable!!! So cool that you got  your reaction to it being his first time as well!  
  • Yay my little angel is now taking steps all by himself !!! I cried to see him out of nowhere walking all alone and so happy his dada was there to see it with me because he got out of work early!!! Time is just going so fast <3:)
  • We just started on MONDAY!!!! I was home all thursday and if he is standing holding on to the coffee table he will just let go and walk to me now. Of course I've got to be ready to catch him because he doesnt bend his knees yet lol He even left the coffee table to go pet the dog! I cried when I came home and my husband set him up to walk to me. Every day I fall more and more in love with this little guy!
  • We had our first steps this past Friday! I went to pick him up from daycare and she was crawling on the floor with him and just stood him up and he let go of her and took about 4 steps quickly to get to me! :) He has done it a couple times since but still prefers to crawl... I think he realizes hes not that good at it yet so if he wants to get somewhere quick he still prefers to crawl.
  • Jackson started taking solo steps two weeks ago at 10.5 months and now he's starting to prefer walking at home. He's 11 months tomorrow. The time has gone way too fast :'(
  • Baby girl is 10 1/2 months old. She has has been taking 2-3 steps then falling (into mamas arms of course). Shes def getting more brave. 
  • He did two weeks ago! I was getting worried because he lives crawling everywhere. Hadn't shown any interest in walking. But the last almost three weeks he's been walking with his daddy or I and one day he just stood up from the floor and walked over to a toy!! Now we walk/run everywhere and I've never been busier lol
  • babycreelbabycreel member
    edited August 2016
    Baby girl is taking more and more steps everyday. She's getting more stable too. She can take about 7 steady steps now before she falls
  • Ahhh, my almost 1-year-old can now climb stairs! (And is practically running since learning to walk at 10.5 months old.) TROUBLE! Lol. 
  • I cant stop my little one anymore and he always wants to go outside he doesnt even like me holding his hand!!!!!! My goodness haha he is growing up so fast!
  • My LO is almost 13 months old and still not walking? She cruises, stands and even takes a few stepps here and there, but ALWAYS ends up crawling. People (family) act like she is behind. Not sure how true it is, but i read a bunch of places that crawling is actually better for brain development and she has a pretty advanced vocabulary (I don't mention this when people act like she is behind because I don't want to sound defensive and crazy).
  • kkerner87 said:
    My LO is almost 13 months old and still not walking? She cruises, stands and even takes a few stepps here and there, but ALWAYS ends up crawling. People (family) act like she is behind. Not sure how true it is, but i read a bunch of places that crawling is actually better for brain development and she has a pretty advanced vocabulary (I don't mention this when people act like she is behind because I don't want to sound defensive and crazy).
    This is us too. Saw her pediatrician less than 2 weeks ago and she said not to listen to comments. She said babies absolutely focus on certain aspects of development more than others and the fact that my daughter says so much is impressive.

And if you have a baby maybe not crawling or pulling up at a year then maybe she would be concerned. But my daughter crawls like a maniac, cruises, climbs stairs, pulls up constantly---so she said definitely no worries she will walk when she's ready. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...