Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of June 20

Sorry I'm late on it this week...

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out! 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of June 20

• Super random and sorry this question is really gross (tmi warning ) . but is anyone experiencing an increase in vaginal discharge ? I'm 18 weeks and have been having watery sometimes white discharge the last week and it's annoying to the point where I'm considering wearing a panty liner because my underwear feels wet  . I'm definitely going to mention it at my next ob visit in less than 2 weeks but wanted to see if anyone else is or has experienced this ?? 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • I experience the same, my doctor actually asked me today as I struggle with the uti to rule out yeast infection.
    I told her it was more than usual, much more (been wearing panty liners for a few weeks now).
    She said it was completely normal as long as it's not cotton cheese like or has an extreme bad odour.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I've been wearing panty liners and according to my OB, it's very normal to have increase vaginal discharge. I often wonder if I have a drip because if I don't wear a liner, my underwear gets wet and it feels gross. I was told it's due to increased blood volume
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I also had increased discharge, on and off. Few times it was so much that I thought I was bleeding and freaked out. My nurse said that it is normal as long as it is colored or smelly. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    My random questions : (1) which cream,essential oil etc. do you use for belly ? I am 19 weeks now and I had started to use Burt`s Bee`s belly butter but I just wanted to check out if there is something better , more efficient. I have realized that my belly started to stretch lately. (2) does anyone use those pregnancy pillows to sleep ? I do not have any back pain or sciatica (yet) , do I need to use anything to prevent that to happen or only if I have back pain ?
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for yalls responses @tvh1982 @jerseygirl856 and @zoefer . I ended up going for a quick pelvic exam with my midwife this afternoon and turns out I have a yeast infection . Found it odd because I don't have any pain or itching . Oh well ! Going to be on monistat to knock it out . I thought I was done shoving stuff up there . 
    @zoefer I haven't started using any belly cream yet but prob should . I can already see stretch marks ! As for the pregnancy pillow - I have resisted buying one of those snake ones because they are pricey . I've just been sleeping with a cheap long pillow between my legs and I hug it . I started seeing a chiro for my migraines but as an added bonus I hope he will help me with my back pain as it gets worse . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I knew you could have a uti without knowing it, but didn't know that is the case too with a yeast infection @mskeenan. I doubt will ever be finished showing stuff up there..maybe after our LO are born we get a free pass for a few weeks? (or is this wishfull thinking?)

I haven't bought any cream @zoefer, I use baby oil in the shower now and then (should probably use it more often) and hope that'll do the trick. As I had gotten stretchmarks when my body changed from girl to woman, I am quite likely to get them now and have been told little will stop them.
    I did buy a pillow from bbhugme, as this one can be used later when the baby is born when breastfeeding, baby yoga, .. I have used it little as I am a tummysleeper, but some nights when that is uncomfortable I actually manage to sleep on my side holding the pillow between my knees. I feel it helps with the knees as i find it uncomfortable having them lay on eachother..which helps again witht he hips I've been told, so win-win :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• how many weeks should or would u post on Facebook that your pregnant? I'm 11 weeks today and was just wondering 
  • I posted between 12 and 13 weeks I think @ultratomato . I felt OK doing it since a lot of people knew I was doing IVF and I had my panorama test results back . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @ultratomato We will probably end up posting around 12 weeks. We ordered a onesie that says "Wee" and our clan name and crest which we are going to use for our announcement. Once that comes in, we'll decide exactly when, but it'll be a few weeks before it gets here anyway.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I told everyone at 8+3 after my ultrasound @ultratomato.
    Quite some people knew about my journey and I was to fricking excited to keep it a secret.
    I realised it was early, but the more who knew the more could pray with me. And in case it would go horribly wrong, I knew people would support me through it.

• @ultratomatoUltimately, it's a personal choice and it all depends on when you feel comfortable sharing. We decided not to post anything on FB at all, too many people out there who aren't close to us and we don't want anyone to jinx us. We even waited until 9 weeks to tell our parents + siblings. If all goes well at my appointment tomorrow, I'm going to tell my best friend, only because she just had her second baby and I won't see her in person for quite some time after tomorrow. We'll tell other close friends and relatives in person around 14-16 weeks. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• I have a random.
    Does anyone else gets frustrated with not owning their own belly?
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy to share it, as its wonderful yhat I am finally pregnant.
    Yet since I started trying, every single cramp, itch, other weird thing has made me analyze what is going on...and well, it hasn't stopped.
    I am exhausted of worrying, trying to figure out what it means, is it good, is it bad, what is this new feeling, what is this pressure, what is this slightly painful but probably not harmful feeling, why am I not feeling anything, ...

I miss those days were I didn't know I had a belly unless AF came for a visit :smile:

• vssbrmvssbrm member
    @tvh1982 YES! I love the fact that I am preggers but so frustrated by the fact that unless I'm looking at an ultrasound, I have no clue what is going on in there. To top it off, this week a lot of my bloating has gone done and the afternoon sickness has really ebbed, so I'm second guessing everything! 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @tvh1982 I know how you feel ! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to call my doc to be seen because of pretty bad abdominal cramps that ended up just being constipation . Or the other day when I went in for my yeast infection I asked the doctor " are you sure it's not amniotic fluid " ? I feel paranoid . My bump seems smaller in the last few days , too and of course that made me worry . Ah !!!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @tvh1982 Oh for sure! I just keep looking down thinking "What are you doing in there?!" And I'm definitely constipated all the time too, so like @mskeenan said, you just end up feeling anxious and ridiculous. I'm going to start getting weaned off my meds, so I think my bloating will go down, which is a mixed blessing.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yah my bloat went down a lot after getting off the progesterone @dragonfaerie . It was so crazy because at six weeks I looked totally pregnant then at 10-12 weeks my stomach went back to normal . 

Speaking of constipation - has anyone found anything that helps ? I've heard pear juice .. But haven't tried it yet . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Thank you girls for telling me you can relate. This is all just so weird yet so wonderful :smile:

My bloating left me too after I stopped progesterone @dragonfaerie, just like @mskeenan I was back to being flat for a few weeks.

I don't suffer from constipation, anymore, did a little when I was extremely sick and dehydrated. Drinking lots helped me, going for a walk got things started and apples do the trick for me (always have)
    Never heard of pear juice..I've heard of prune juice doing the trick @mskeenan

• @mskeenan Apples are good fiber for sure. Coffee can help get things moving too. Every few days I'll take a Colace if I feel like I need it though.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey ladies: I just wanted to remind you all that you are AWESOME and POWERFUL!

Everywhere I'm turning
    Nothing seems complete
    I stand up and I'm searching
    For the better part of me
    I hang my head from sorrow
    state of humanity
    I wear it on my shoulders
    Gotta find the strength in me
    Cause I am a Superwoman
    Yes I am
    Yes she is
    Even when I'm a mess
    I still put on a vest
    With an S on my chest
    Oh yes
    I'm a Superwoman

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad to hear the bloat goes away after stopping progesterone. I get to stop estrace today and progesterone in a few days, so looking forward to it.

Question - did anyone at any point start feeling like it's hard to eat a full meal, or walk a lot? I was constantly hungry up until last week. Then it switched to me eating a bit and feeling full and like I can't breathe anymore. Now I feel like I get tired from walking a lot. Just walked for 40 minutes and I feel like I ran a marathon. Granted it's also hot outside, but I just feel different than I did before when I used to walk around a lot. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I can't WAIT to stop everything! I just have a few more days on the patches and then my poor stomach can finally shed all the goo! :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Tulips29 I was having heartburn from eating a regular size lunch at around 9 weeks or so. It helps to walk a bit after eating. Now, I eat smaller portions unless I am super hungry. I usually eat my lunch in two portions.
    Also, I was lacking energy and feeling breathless in the first trimester. My doctor said that it is normal, our bodies are adapting. I am feeling better now, rest as much as you need to.
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    This might sound really weird but I have lost my joy of eating since the beginning of pregnancy. I had never lost appetite really, I can always eat (even in the first trimester) but I just cannot enjoy the food as I did before. And I LOVED food. I only eat things because I need to. I do not know if it is physical or all psychological ? Does anyone feel the same way?
  • @Zoefer Yes, I am so with you. I just eat to take in nutrients, but I don't enjoy food the way I used to. I think it just has to do with being physically drained and feeling somewhat ill almost constantly. I'm hoping that once I get through the first trimester I'll start to enjoy food again.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ZoeFer same here. Even my favorite foods don't sound appealing. I've been eating baked pita chips for dinner the past few nights because I can't imagine eating anything else. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I don't seem to have a problem eating anything they love fruit though! I hope this eating is not a problem lol. OB said I can gain up to 40lbs cause it's twins 
  • I can relate @tulips29. I can't eat big meals as I'll be full and get sick really fast. So I try to snack a lot.
    Which is difficult as like @zoefer I do not enjoy food anymore. 
    I haven't eaten a warm dish since I'm 8 weeks pregnant, unless someone has prepared it for me. I live on fruits, yoghurt and bread (and pancakes when my sweet colleague bakes them for me) 
    On top of not liking food, I still can't smell them.

I too am out of breath easily. My office is on the 5th floor and I don't really do lifts. Am quite out of breath reaching the top, yet it is something I'm used to do.
    Ive been told it's because of all the extra blood, our hearts working overtime and everything got squished inside. 

• @ZoeFer I also use the Burt's Bees cream, I don't know how effective it is but I like it so far and I tend to use a lot of their products anyway. 
    I got a Boppy body pillow a while back - I'm 22 weeks now. I couldn't get comfortable sleeping at all. I have hip/back issues to begin with. I like the pillow and probably could have used it pre pregnancy. The Boppy one was much cheaper than some of the other brands which is why I went with it. 
  • @ultratomato oh, definitely yes to fruits also. Now I want some watermelon for breakfast

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• tvh1982 - I live on the 2nd floor and I'm out of breath every time I walk up them. Normally stairs aren't an issue for me either but now it's ridiculous. Especially if I am carrying things like groceries! Plus it's about 110 degrees here so that could be part of the problem. LOL. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yes, definitely do not carry stuff while taking stairs @griffin5413 :)
    wow I had to google the degrees, I don't envie you!