June 2016 Moms
Options

Senses returned

I wrote early on in my pregnancy about how all foods tasted dulled down to me and wondered if anyone else had that issue. I only got a few replies, so I assumed it was in my head. Literally a day postpartum, everything tasted and smelled super strong to me. It was actually a bit overwelming, and at 9 days pp, I'm only just starting to get used to it. I guess I really did have dulled senses. Is this normal? Aren't pregnancy hormones supposed to heighten your senses? Super strange. Anyone else have this?
Me: 32, DH: 35
Married to DH: 11-13-10
DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16

Re: Senses returned

• Options
    Definitely the opposite of what I experienced -- especially with smells! I was never able to smell until I got pregnant. Very interesting that it was reversed for you!
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    24 days pp and everything feels different (I miss being warm at night, now I feel chilly when I go to bed).  I use to be a food craver before pregnancy, and the food cravings still have not come back.  Since we did ivf to conceive I had been on all sorts of hormones for a year before getting pregnant, and then being pregnant for almost ten months I don't remember what normal feels like so I'm getting use to the new normal in addition to healing from c section. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alileecam said:
    Definitely the opposite of what I experienced -- especially with smells! I was never able to smell until I got pregnant. Very interesting that it was reversed for you!
    My sense of smell was crazy strong in the beginning, but it dulled down after the first trimester. It was super weird!
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • Options
    My sense of smell was strong during pregnancy, but no food tasted good to me (except for ice cream and sweets). I hated the taste of vegetables while I was pregnant, and now I'm back to my healthy food craving self. ALL food tastes good to me again, which is a wonderful, wonderful thing.