September 2015 Moms

Arms up/wanting to be held?

curious if/when anyone's babies started reaching their arms up to be held or picked up. It came up in discussion today and the consensus seemed to be around 6 or 7 months was kind of average I guess... but LO will be 10 months pretty soon and he's never reached to be picked up. Just wondering if the 6-7 months really is the norm or if the ladies I was speaking to just all had babes that did it early.

Re: Arms up/wanting to be held?

• I don't know exactly what month it happened but Noah had been doing it for a while. Definitely not at 6 months, I know that for sure. maybe 7-8 months? Do you follow the wonder weeks? It wil tell you when they tend you learn that 
  • I don't know exactly what month it happened but Noah had been doing it for a while. Definitely not at 6 months, I know that for sure. maybe 7-8 months? Do you follow the wonder weeks? It wil tell you when they tend you learn that 
    I glance at the app once in a while but haven't ever really seen that.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't remember when LO started doing that, but at just shy of 10 months she does it consistently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure when either, but it has been awhile.
  • Our son is just over 9 months and doesn't do it yet.  He will crawl and pull on my legs to be picked up, but definitely doesn't reach his arms up.  He also hasn't clapped or waved yet.  He smacks and knocks on everything, but still no clap!  He's just obsessed with standing and cruising...ALL day.
  • I think for us it was somewhere between 7 and 8 months. For sure by 9 though
  • Yeah also not sure when. My daughter is 10 months and has been doing it a long time. Don't think it was as early as 6 though. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• My LO does it too and has for a while. He also opens and shuts his hands while his arms are up to be picked up or telling me to "come here" 
  • I'd say 8 months he just started clapping 2 weeks ago and cruises like a fiend
  • Hmm, for a while now, and he just turned 9 months. Maybe 6 or 7 months? But I'm sure it's one of those things where different babies do it at different times. 
  • LO turns 9 months this week. She doesn't initiate it but if I walk up to her and put my hands out like I'm going to pick her up she'll lift her arms so I can grab her. She started this around a month or so ago 
  • Lurker from D15 my DD is 6.5m and started doing it a few weeks ago. 
  • My 9 month old doesn't do this but she stands up.  Maybe she skipped this?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm so it seems it's pretty common for them to be doing it by now. I'm not really worried as far as milestones go as LO started crawling and pulling up at about 7 months and is quite active with his hands (clapping, banging toys together, and things like that) I just wonder why he doesn't reach to be held.