Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/20***

mechelita44mechelita44 member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: I thought my cravings and aversions would only last through my first trimester. Now that I'm well into my third, I find that to be false. What has been your biggest craving and aversion throughout your pregnancy and how have they changed? Now excuse me while I go get myself a snack, this question made me hungry!!!

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! :smile:

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@msbender129  EDD 06/15/16 team green
@DSTtots4lyfe EDD 06/17/16
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green
@TerraMae80  EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional  EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy
@katie121209 EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
@chrissym126  EDD 09/8/16 team green

Congratulations to @kaitielynnrichardson who’s little baby boy, Cole Andrew, was born 6/15/16 at 7:08pm, weighing 7lbs 7oz, 21" long. :smile:

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/20***

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    Hi ladies! Baby's due date is 1 month from today!!! Can't even believe he or she will be here so soon!!! 

All of Baby's gear has been assembled, clothes are all washed, just need to install the car seat bases. We finally started getting the nursery ready this weekend too! Below are some pics of our progress... I know it's not much but it felt good to start. We've been held back since the stupid furniture store delayed the delivery of Baby's dresser. We were supposed to pick it up weeks ago since we bought the last one in the warehouse... which they then decided to sell to another person. Then they told us they'd have more in stock this week and it would get delivered by Friday. Well, I called today and they told me it would be pushed back to July 1. After a nice long, ultra hormonal flip out on the them, it's now coming Wednesday. Don't these people know not to mess with a pregnant chic?!?!?!

Still feeling great! Sleeping is a challenge but it could be worse. I am convinced that the sleeping troubles are just our body's way of getting ready to be up at all hours of the night with our babes soon :smile:  I'm started to experience some funny TMI symptoms too. Warning... starting to leak colostrum and things are starting to change consistency down there. I'm told it's all normal so I'll take it!

QOTW: My cravings and aversions have changed a little bit since my first trimester (thank goodness, because it was hard for me to eat yogurt those first few weeks) but there are still some things that have stuck. Red meat / pork has been pretty much unbearable for me to cook / eat this entire pregnancy. Chicken, turkey and fish are fine but everything else makes me want to yak. Still loving milk, we go through about 3 gallons a week and I drink most of it. Biggest craving for sure has been ice cream, especially over the past couple of weeks. I just want it all the time, DQ Blizzards mostly. And fruit, still love fruit. Green veggies I force down but they make me gag sometimes.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and I hope all the baby Daddy's in your life had a terrific Fetus Father's Day :smile:

• emsmama15emsmama15 member
    edited June 2016
    @mechelita44 - I can't see the pics of your nursery!!  Maybe it's just my computer.

I'm 30 weeks today.  8 weeks and one day to go!  I can't believe it!  :)  We haven't done much for the babies.  I have a townhouse from my single days that we're working on getting sold - we close on Friday - so that's been taking our time and (unfortunately) money these days.  We really need to order a second crib.  I'm not TOO worried though since the babies will be in our room for a bit after their born while I recover from my c-section, but I'd like to at least get it ordered.  I feel pretty decent.  Still contracting if I do too much or I'm upright for more than about 5-6 hours, so I've been going to work in the morning and coming home and working from my recliner in the afternoon.  Sleep is okay, but I'm up about 4 times per night to pee, so that is very disruptive.  My belly is just getting SO big, I can't fathom how much bigger it's going to get.  Yikes!!  It's pretty cool though, what our bodies can do!!

I hope everyone has a great week!

ETA: Ok, weird.  I can see your pictures now!  Love that rug!!  The colors are so happy.  And really I came back to add that I'm CRAVING Blizzards every day.  Unfortunately, my blood sugar does not react that well to them, so I've had a mini a couple of times.  Darn GD!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emsmama15 I've had so much trouble all day on here! It took me forever to get the original post up too! I just edited my reply, hope it worked and the pictures are there. Sorry to hear that you've been contracting so much. Hopefully getting some rest will help you :smile:

• So, I'm in labor and delivery for concerns of preeclampsia. My leg/foot swelling has accelerated and now my hands and face are swelling. My BP last night was 142/92 and this morning was 148/102. I'm pretty worried, but I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens. I'll keep you updated.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional hang in there. I went through the same with my first son. I'm thinking of you! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• @riveridgional Oh no! Keep us all posted and good luck, sending only good thoughts your way.

• @riveridgional I hope they can get it under control and you can go home to rest soon. 

I I feel like my streak of bad luck continues. Our new puppy has to have surgery to put a metal plate in his leg this Friday. He has angular limb Deformity from an injury likely before we got him. Besides just being worried about the surgery he has to have 6 to 8 weeks of crate rest, which is basically right up until my due date. I'm praying I can manage his recovery well and keep my stress at bay :( 

As far as cravings, anything I was craving first trimester I don't want now. I'm really craving carb foods like pop tarts and pizza now but they don't fit in with the GD diet. 

• @riveridgional - I hope they can get it under control and you can get a few more weeks in!  Good luck.  Thinking of you!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Thanks girls! The good news is I don't have preeclampsia (at least not currently and hopefully never). My blood pressure has always been markedly higher (about 10 points difference on the upper number) on my right arm, which is the arm that was showing all my high measurements, like 148/102 when I woke up this morning. Even though I told them that, they hooked me up on my left arm. My first measurement was 141/91 and all others were under 140/90, the high blood pressure "line". The resident didn't come in until about an hour after monitoring, and I explained to her my blood pressure differential between arms. By that time, my left arm had been measuring in the upper 120s over 80s (so pretty normal). When she switched it to my right arm, they were 139/94, 138/ 94, 136/91 and kinda stayed in that range. She told me that since there was no protein in my urine, I definitely didn't have preeclampsia (phew). With no pre-pregnancy hypertension history, the other potential diagnosis would be gestational hypertension, which would require blood pressure meds and additional monitoring of the baby. To get that diagnosis, I would have needed to have 2 blood pressure measurements over 140/90. So, now I'm just frustrated/unsettled because I know I would have had 2 measurements had they been monitoring my right arm the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad nothing is "wrong", but I'm worried now that I really should have been given that diagnosis and be put on meds. I'm sure if I really do have a consistent problem, it will reflect in my blood pressure at my next checkup or the one after that. Until then, I'm just confused. Those blood pressure measurements weren't made up, and they were scary high. I just don't really know how to feel at this time. It also makes me confused on when I should contact my doctor for this type of thing. I did what they told me to do if I started swelling in my hands and face, but I don't have 4 hours of my day to spare frequently for monitoring.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional  So happy to hear that you and baby are okay! I know how you feel about being so close to something being wrong, it's so hard to accept that you really are okay. I've been there for sure. It's hard not to worry and think that maybe the doctors missed something, ya know? Hopefully nothing like this sparks up again and you don't have to go through this or anything worse throughout the rest of your pregnancy. Luckily your appointments will be more frequent now so if anything is up they will be able to catch it. 

Wishing you a GREAT rest of the week :smile:

• @katie121209  So sorry to hear about your puppy!!! Poor little guy! I hope he has a quick and easy recovery. 
  • @mechelita44 love the nursery! You're QOTW just made me hungry too! Lately I've been craving yogurt with granola and fresh fruit, toast and peanut butter with bananas, coke, and every once in a while I'll get a chocolate kick. 

@riveridgional I am so glad to hear that you are out of the woods for preeclampsia. It's scary and I had it with my first and it made the labor really tough. I also had the high blood pressure and was on meds for up until about 3 months after my son was born. Pregnancy sure does a number on your body! 

I have an appointment today for my 34 weeks check up and I am hopefully going to nail down the date for my c-section. I am so nervous about knowing a date. I don't want to pick the date so whatever my doc chooses is what I am going with, even if it's going to fall on my birthday. EEK!  I'm leaving in 45 minutes! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @katie121209 I am so sorry to hear about your puppy!!!! Sending lots of positive vibes and puppy love your way!!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• So glad you're ok, @riveridgional! I'm sure I'd have residual stress, too. 

@TerraMae80, keep us updated on your delivery day! How exciting. 

@katie121209, sorry about your puppy! I hope recuperation is as quick and easy as possible. 

I had my very first Braxton Hicks yesterday. I wasn't concerned, but my husband was, so I called the doctor (a nurse assured me I'm fine). Today he surprised me with three new dresses. I will keep him. 

This is my belly today:

QOTW: I'm glad I'm eating more than bread and cheese now, the first trimester was rough. Now I want to eat everything, especially watermelon and ice cream.  
  • @riveridgional glad it isn't pre-E! Hope the swelling continues to resolve.

I'm now 40+5 no end in sight. Little one seems to be extremely comfy in there!! Hopefully for next week's check-in he will be in my arms. 

QOTW: biggest aversion- eggs in any form, biggest craving-anything else. Lately watermelon, sweets. Right now I eat any potential induction foods. ;)
  • @DSTtots4lyfe Hang in there! I hope there is a baby in your arms for next week's check in too!!!

Looks like we are all loving watermelon too!