January 2017 Moms

How long for MaterniT21 results?

I had my blood drawnon Tuesday at 10 weeks 1 day. My doctor said they usually discuss results at the next visit (4 weeks!!) But obviously I'm going to be calling lol so she said to give it 10 days. This will be torture! How quickly has everyone else's results come?

Re: How long for MaterniT21 results?

• I had my blood drawn at 9 weeks 3 days.  It has been about 3 weeks, and I am still waiting for the results.  So frustrating.  At first they said it would be ready in 1 week... and then it became 7-10 business days... and then it became 10-14 business days. I am very frustrated.
  • @michellemikeliu that is SO frustrating, I hope they come back soon! I guess the lab must have a really high number of samples to go through. Be sure to let us know that everything is perfect when you do get them!
  • Loading the player...
  • @sarah1198, thanks for your kind wishes.  I called the doctor's office and got my results today (13th business day).  It said everything is fine, and I am having a boy!  I am relieved; the waiting was agony, so I hope you get your results quickly. If the waiting is too much, just keep calling the doctor's office to ask about it.  Good luck!
  • This is bumming me out.  I had blood drawn Tuesday and I was really hoping I'd hear next week. 

Congratulations @michellemikeliu!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I need to schedule next week to get my blood taken for this. I was hoping to have results in a week to 10 days at most. I wanted to get them before announcing to family, but it doesn't sound promising now. 
  • JLJ2012JLJ2012 member
    edited June 2016

I guess it depends where you go.  I am having mine done tomorrow and the genetic counselor gives you a call within 7 days.

Edit to correct: My original 4 day result time was for the first trimester blood results.  They originally told me that I would get all results back in 4 days, but when I went in today they said within 7 for the Maternit21

DS1: 9/29/12
    DS2: 11/5/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @michellemikeliu congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy and relieved for you