July 2016 Moms

How many of you drink from the tap?

just curious. I have been drinking tap water during my whole pregnancy. Then I heard some friends telling me filtered water is better, since it can prevent heavy metals in the water. Is that true? 

Re: How many of you drink from the tap?

• Loading the player...
  •  :D your girls' reaction made my day lol
  • It is probably true but I have bigger things to worry about. I drink from the tap 100% of the time, whether pregnant or not pregnant. I'm too cheap to buy Brita filters or bottled water.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • I use a PUR and Brita filter only because I like the taste. Im sure that they need to be changed now.
  • The fridge filters are expensive! However, I like the taste of that water better than tap. When my fridge tells me it's time to replace the filter, I also push the reset button. The 2nd time it tells me I replace it. I figure it tells me to replace sooner than I actually need to...at least I tell myself that. 
  • @joberkiser and @holly142 - same here. I don't think I have a button so much as the little picture of the filter lights up red and sad now. I will say I think it does taste a little better than tap water, even with a bad filter. I'm sure it's doing something still. I did notice a difference when it started going bad though. Maybe I should just buy one and rejoice in filtered water again. 
  • Literally never thought twice about drinking tap water..... And I drink a gallon+ a day, so this baby will probably be all kinds of messed up. 
  •  I completely thought that this wasn't going to be about water. And I was about to be really grossed out!