TTC after 35
Options

TWW June 13-19!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW June 13-19!

• Options
    I was just about to post and then got distracted + trip to bathroom.  A lot can change in a few minutes, because I now have some very light spotting.  :(  I'm CD 29/17 DPO with AF due tomorrow.  I almost broke down and bought a test yesterday and the day before, as I was having sore breasts which is not common for me.  I had really sharp cramp pains yesterday, and one distinct "burst" of cramp when I was laying in bed early in the morning - these cramps yesterday were somewhat unlike what I usually get for pre-AF cramps so again, was tempted to test.  I guess there's always a chance that I will just spot and maybe still have some hope, but my hope is diminishing fast.  I already mentioned in previous TWW that we only BD'd twice during the window so wasn't too hopeful to begin with that this could be our month.  

I hope to see a BFP in here this week from some lucky lady/ladies!!!!!!  Good luck to you all!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Options
    Hang in there! I would have broken down and tested, just to see if it was really AF or not. I know a lot of people who had what they thought was pre-AF spotting, but then got BFPs :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 8dpo with really sore bbs and shooting bb pains occasionally since 5dpo. Trying really hard not to read into that (I've never had sore bbs this early), failing miserably. 

I will probably break down and test at 12dpo, just to end my misery. Haha.

hoping for multiple BFPs this time! How awesome would that be?! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque All the BFPs this month, please!  :)  @jennh75b FX for you!

I'm going ahead and posting in this TWW since I'm on CD21 - I had blood drawn today to see if I O'd which I really think I did this weekend (pains and CM).  I took Clomid 150 mg on CDs 3 - 7 this month (changed from 5 - 9) and we BD'd all the time.  My FF chart is BSC but I'm not certain that my temps are worth much because I don't sleep consistently for three hours ever.  So I'll wait to hear from the doctor's office and hope that I did in fact O this weekend. I'm almost clockwork for AF on CD29 so I don't typically test until CD 31ish if AF hasn't made her unwelcome arrival.
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Options
    jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited June 2016
    Hey ladies, thanks so much for the positive vibes.  AF was in full force this morning, so I'm out.  I treated myself to a donut.  Drinks may be in order tonight!  Maybe drinks and a discussion about what treatment options we might want to try....yeah, that sounds like a great combo.  lol

@ahrains - are you having any side effects from the Clomid?  I just wondered because this may be our next step and just wanted to hear how it's going for you.  How many cycles have you taken it?  Sorry if I'm being too nebby.

@PoeMasque - H really wants to be a part of everything, and he thinks we should wait until AF is missed before we test. Most of the time I agree with him.  He wants to be there when I test...he doesn't want to be told after that it's positive.  Honestly it helps me be a little less BSC, even if I'm tempted sometimes.  So any testing I did without him would be sneaky and I really try hard not to!!!   If I tested early (which I have done in the past before H and I talked about his preferences of being there when I test vs. me test and then telling him), I would convince myself that it just was too soon and then I would test again, and so on and so on, etc.  I can't stand that kind of mental torture, so I just don't want to test early.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b Totally a legit question - you're not being nebby.  So sorry about CD1...boo.
    **TW loss mentioned**
    I was on 100 mg Clomid for two rounds before my first and only BFP.  I MC'd at 8 weeks.
    **end TW**
    I have now been on 150 mg for 7 cycles with all but this current cycle being CDs 5 - 9.  I did CDs 3 - 7 this month.  My side effects had been about par insofar as what I have read.  I get bad headaches and oh, the mood swings.  It has overstimulated my ovaries for the past few months which has caused some minor pain.  If I get a BFP, it's totally worth it.  I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, feel free to DM me!  <3
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Options
    Lu19Lu19 member
    Not in the TWW currently, but just have to comment that is too sweet @jennh75b that DH wants to be there when you test, awww!  @PoeMasque and @ahrains - Lots of positive thoughts and FX this is THE month!! Thanks also for the feedback on clomid - Dr. says that's a possibility if over the next 2-3 months we're still unsuccessful, so getting curious. 
  • Options
    @ahrains - Thanks for the very helpful info.  I sent a text to H and said I am interested in trying Clomid and if I don't let them know today then we have to wait another month, so he just gave the green light to try it.  We hadn't really talked about what we were willing to do as far as treatments, but we were already told about our options by the RE so we could start at any time.  I'm very sorry for your loss as well.  *hugs*  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b so sorry about CD1 :( and I agree with @Lu19, it's adorable that DH wants you to test together. I wish my SO was that involved....although sometimes I wonder what he'd think of me if he knew how crazy my brain gets in the TWW....haha. 

If we aren't successful in the next month or so we will also be looking at clomid, so all of this clomid talk is helpful for us too. I'm really afraid it will make me crazy since birth control gave me really bad anxiety. But I agree with you, it will be worth it. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Best of luck, ladies! Thinking of you all!
    fingers crossed @PoeMasque & @ahrains

Sorry @jennh75b :(
    Good luck with clomid!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies!!  I do have some new hope in starting the clomid.  I was offered the trigger shot, too, but I will just try the clomid first.  I'm getting a massage today and hopefully this is a great start to a more productive cycle!  

Good luck to the TWW ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May this be your last TWW!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Hi, look at me, I'm back in a TWW again!

My 2nd IVF was cancelled for low response.  At about day 6 of stims (massive amounts of stims, plus lupron micro-dose flare), when I should have seen a bunch of follicles, I saw just two.  Two.  So we converted to IUI.

This was my last try with my own ovaries.  If this doesn't work, I'm done, and we move on to plan B.  So, we decided to do two back-to-back IUIs, at 24 and 48 hours after the trigger shot, to best capture ovulation.  This is because I had two vials of sperm on hand, for the IVF, in case one of the vials was a dud.  I wanted to use them up this cycle, because if we move on to plan B (reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs, my uterus), we'll use a different donor.

Today was IUI #2, so I'm going to count today as 0dpo/dpiui.

I triggered with a massive HCG shot, IM (into the muscular part of my hip, not my belly), so I'm feeling some side effects from that-- cramping and tiredness.  And stress.  And all the IVF stims.  And stress.

It's weird to think that this dose of stims would have caused a normal (and younger) woman to pop out so many follicles, and maybe be at risk for OHSS, but my body firmly ignored all of it.  I like to think that maybe I'm just too stubborn to be subject to the influence of others.

I'm planning to have a glass of wine tonight.  I've hardly had any alcohol at all during the last year and half.  But tonight, I'll have ovulated, and anything important is just floating about freely.  I think relaxation is going to the name of the game in this TWW.  And no testing until day 14!!!

@jennh75b, It's a great idea to only pee on sticks when you're husband is around.  That will help you resist the urge to test early, which I've learned is the thing that makes me the most nutty.  I don't need to be googling the rates of false BFNs at 11dpo any more.  And it's sweet that he wants to be involved at that level.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Everything crossed for you @KLake42!!!!!
    You've been through so much already...
    enjoy that wine and keep relaxing!
    xoxo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Good luck to you @KLake42 - I'm so sorry things have veered off course but I am wishing you all of the luck in the world right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy your wine!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Back to CD1 for me too :( I actually thought this was going to be our month, I've never had bbs so sore in my life, and never for that long (5dpo - 13dpo). I rarely even have sore bbs as a PMS symptom. wine for me too I guess! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry, @PoeMasque - our bodies really know how to play dirty tricks on us.  :(
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
  • Options
    So sorry @PoeMasque and @jennh75b! Wishing you luck @KLake42
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Lu19Lu19 member

Ugh, so sorry @poemasque, that is the worst when our bodies show significant signs and we finally allow ourselves to get our hopes up. My personal belief (regarding my own body) is that when something like that happens, something TTC-related occurred, but just didn't take for whatever reason beyond our control (not the right swimmer/egg, or hormones off due to poor sleep or stress, etc.)... if that makes sense. Which, on the positive side, can mean body knows what to do, and its only a matter of time when all the right things are in place and aligned for little bean to grow.

• Options
    Totally agree @Lu19....these are just practice runs to the get the body ready for the real deal, to get all of the required components to align just right.  Hopefully our bodies don't need too much practice!!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, we were literally in the middle of moving when AF came, which actually made it easier to brush off another month of BFNs. 

wondering if we should keep trying for another 3 months or just start clomid or IUI. Not sure what they usually recommend for us AMAers. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I am in my first month of trying and we are in the TWW. I can test in one week, I tend to be able to test much earlier than most, I don't know why that is, this will be my fourth child and my husbands first. We both are very excited!!! I'm trying not to read into every little thing as a symptom. 
    BabyGaga