January 2016 Moms

Whiny baby.

carlyhammondcarlyhammond member
edited June 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Denver will be 6 months old on Sunday. For the past two-three days he whines constantly. 
Hes drinking milk he wines, he sleeps- he whines in his sleep. 
He's not crying, but constantly whining. 
Anyone have the same problem or any answers to why he may be doing this... 
Ive started calling him captain cranky pants. 

Re: Whiny baby.

• kaym6kaym6 member
    Teething? My little guy is working on his second tooth and I notice him getting pretty whiney when they're getting ready to/starting to come through! 
  • First of all, really love that name! 
    Secondly, they go through a growth spurt at 6 months, perhaps that's it? Or maybe part of a leap? Does he seem like hes trying to do something? Roll, crawl? Maybe something is frustrating him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe it is teeth? When I rub his gums I can feel teeth- but they haven broken through. 

No, it doesn't matter what he's doing he's just whining- constantly 
  • Could be! Mine hasnt started that yet so I'm not sure. How long have you been able to feel teeth? I don't feel anything but am curious if one day I can wake up and feel them. 
  • I've been feeling them for quite some time. When I run my fingers over his gums I can feel the teeth bumps- no white yet but I can definitely feel something there. 
    Poor little guy is just whining constantly. His pedi has told me in the past that their behavior gets really bad bad right before they pop through so maybe it'll pop through soon... I can't handle the whining. 
  • LO had his first tooth pop through yesterday! He was fussier than normal the 4-5 days prior. We gave Tylenol, Hylands teething tablets, and cold washcloths and they all seemed to help. He was much happier once the tooth finally broke through the gun. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    edited June 2016
    That definitely sounds like my little guy gets before his teeth come through at least with my limited experience so far! Even down to the whining while eating and in his sleep! 

@cali1710 I really feel like his teeth come out of no where and he never lets me et a good look so don't be surprised if one day you just feel one all the sudden! Haha 
  • Hopefully thats it and they'll pop through soon!! Good luck !
  • My baby is 5 months old, and just started this whining on Monday. Usually when he wakes up in the morning, he goes in his bouncy seat and entertains himself for like an hour or so and is happy. Ever since Monday, he whines the whole time he's sitting there. Pretty much all day he whines until I pick him up and hold him. He doesn't want to play like he usually does. Been checking for teeth, but nothing yet. Sometimes he gets this look on his face, you know he's in pain. Given him Tylenol, but he still whines. At least he is starting to nap a little easier. Whenever he's cranky, I call him Mr. Grumpy Gills. Me and hubby called him Nemo before we knew gender lol 
  • I think around 5-6 months they also realize how far away we can go. My girl whines when I leave tge room for too long and srops when I come back
  • I second the teething! My LO is 5 1/2 months and has been whiny for a good month. About a week ago I checked her gums and 2 of her bottom teeth are popping through. Even though they popped through she's still whiny lol hopefully it's just a phase! 
  • I second the teething! My LO is 5 1/2 months and has been whiny for a good month. About a week ago I checked her gums and 2 of her bottom teeth are popping through. Even though they popped through she's still whiny lol hopefully it's just a phase! 
    Just curious, could you see or feel anything prior to you seeing them pop through? I Don't see or feel anything ao I'm curious if it can just pop one day or if Ill be waiting a while still
  • My LO doesn't seem to have any teeth coming in (can't see or feel anything), but is drooling constantly and gnawing on anything she can get hold of... but recently she's been extremely whiney and clingy. Doesn't want to be on her play mat, won't go to anyone but me, doesn't want to be in her high chair... it's so bad that she doesn't even want to be NEXT to me, she wants to be attached to me. 
  • cali1710 said:
    I think around 5-6 months they also realize how far away we can go. My girl whines when I leave tge room for too long and srops when I come back
    Yeah I was just reading something about that! @BarrettJ89 same here! He just wants me or somebody to hold him or be playing with him. I guess they realize when they are being left alone now. And they're starting to figure out how to get what they want from us. "Hmm, so if I whine loud enough, Mom will come pick me up? Let's see how long it takes this time!" These babies just trying to keep us running ;)