Pregnant after IF

**2nd trimester - Week of June 20th**

PiperellaPiperella member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:
@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 bean!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 bean!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 boy!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

Congrats to @chrissym126 who has graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: What are you looking forward to most in the 2nd trimester?  Has there been a moment in the 2nd trimester that has made you really realize how far you (and the baby/babies) have come in this pregnancy?

Re: **2nd trimester - Week of June 20th**

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the boy @capps42613 !! Yay for team blue . I'm excited to plan the nursery as well . We may do an airplane themed one with clouds and airplanes hanging from the ceiling but not sure yet . Love your ideas !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited June 2016
    Hello lovely ladies!

Im 19+3 and am really loving it by now.
    Even though I still do the nausea thing, can't stomach all foods and sleep most of my free time away; I got to see a wee little baby on my ultrasound last week which made me realise I'm actually making a real person :smile:

I just had an appointment with my midwife and she was happy to see me.
    Due to being extreme ill I lost 20 pounds, but gained a whooping 2! So she was very pleased as I have to work bloody hard to gain weight. (also when not pregnant, it sounds like a dream to some, but it is exhausting)
    She was a little worried that I have yet again an uti and they come together with cramping. It's a little to much action for my uterus as they'd like. This early on they'd like me to keep the baby inside. So I have to keep a closed eye on the cramping.

QOTW: I looked mostly forward to my scan last Friday without knowing it would be that amazing. I thought it was just a regular us so to be spoiled with 30 min was amazing.
    And seeing I actually making a little baby hit me hard (in a good way!)
    Now I just look forward to show my belly to my mother in Aug as it'll be slow on check-ups.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I will be 23 weeks tomorrow. I don't know why, but the even weeks seem like bigger milestones. I'm feeling movements like crazy! This is one active little girl! I'm waiting for hubbs to be able to feel her, but every time he puts his hands on my belly to feel she stops. I keep telling him to just sit and wait, but I don't think he has much patience. 

My patience is thin too this week when it comes to the nursery. At the end of April we tore out all the walls and insulation, and this week and electrician ins supposed to come and update the wiring (we live in a 200 + year old house, this is the last room we need to update other than cosmetic stuff in kitchen) and it's headed towards the end of June and the room is still ripped off! It's driving me crazy! I have all this baby stuff that needs a home and I can't put it all in a wall-less room.

QOTW: I'm looking forward to my belly popping. I'm plus sized, so I think I just look like I'm getting fatter, not pregnant. I want the pregnant belly! The bump countdown where the number of weeks left is less than the number of weeks I am, is where it seems so close!
  • So glad to see so many great updates!  I'm sorry about the UTIs, @tvh1982, but hopefully everything stays treatable and manageable.  

I'm doing pretty well.  Had a great ultrasound last Thursday where again he didn't want to cooperate that much.  Got a few good pictures, but otherwise all is good. I do have a bit of yeast showing up in labwork, but it isn't a full blown infection.  The Ob thinks its just because of the increased discharge from pregnancy.  I like even weeks more as well, @kennelchick!  This is week 25 and am getting excited/nervous about heading into the 3rd trimester.. it's so close!

My work is now on summer hours, which means four day work weeks with 10 hour days.  I got to work at 7am and I'm dying at 10:30am and all I want is food, candy, and sugar (Not in that exact order).  Water is just not cutting it.  I just want to put my head down and take a nap.

QOTW:  The biggest thing for me was definitely being able to feel the baby move.  I no longer use the doppler now that I feel him moving often.  My dh and I had a mock "ceremony" of retiring the doppler for this pregnancy and moving it to an upstairs closet.  Viability (24th week) was also a huge milestone!
  • I am hanging in there despite the fact that the 2nd trimester has been worse than the 1st trimester, so far. However, I'm starting my own theory/old wives tale that if the pregnancy is rough that means the baby will be easy and sleep a lot :smile: mentally, doing great, so I'm trying to hold on to that positivity.

Anyone else unable to wake up? I don't get it, I'm getting PLENTY of sleep but still cannot even open my eyes in the morning, 8 or 9 hours might as well be 8-9 minutes! I am constantly late to work and I don't know what to do, it's not like I can chug a lot of coffee like before.
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I am 19 weeks today and I do not have much to report. I had started to feel exhausted last week and my doctor ordered some blood tests. All the blood levels turned out normal , so probably I am not resting and/or eating enough. I am trying to increase my protein intake. I am feeling better these days though.
    I will have my anatomy scan next Tuesday and I am literally counting the days. People do not believe me when I say that I am not too curios about the gender but it is true. I am excited with both possibilities, but I really want to see and hear that our LO is doing fine and all the organs have developed well. 
    QOTW: I am looking forward to feeling the baby movements. I think I have felt few small things but I can not make sure what it is. Also, I will be happier when I have a more defined baby bump, I definitely show at the moment but I feel like it is a fat bally rather than a baby. 
    @tvh1982 I am sorry for the UTI and cramps, are you getting antibiotics ? Hope it resolves itself soon !
    @kuposa17 I also cannot get enough sleep! One of the main reasons is I wake up at around 4-5 am and then my sleep is so light afterwards. It almost feels like I am not sleeping but in between awake and dreaming :) then i fall asleep at around 6-6.30 so it gets so hard to get up at 7am. I am also usually late for work or I have to skip a good breakfast.
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited June 2016
    Hi ladies! Heading into week 23 and after my anatomy scan followed by my fetal echo I'm happy to report all is well with our baby girl! Unfortunately like @tvh1982 I'm finishing up yet another round of antibiotics for a UTI that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm a symptomatic so it's believed to be colonized and if this last round of ABTs have not worked, then I'm being referred to urology. I have never had issues with uti before and now I seem to get one every month. My OB thinks it's because my LO sits so low and on my bladder that she's not allowing it fully empty therefore I can't flush out the bacteria. It's frustrating because I feel guilty taking these meds but thankfully she's doing great. 
    QOTW: I'm finally feeling her movements every day and each movement reminds me how far we have come. 

ETA: I seem to be dealing with muscle pain in my lower abdomen as if I done 100 crunches(which I haven't) but that's what it feels like. Anyone else experience this? My OB calls it growing pains. 
  • Thanks @piperella.
    I will be put on antibiotics tomorrow I guess, as I'll see my doctor @zoefer.
    Like @jerseygirl856 I feel quilty of taking all the medication, first with the extreme nausea and now again a new round with antibiotics. But my wee little girls seems to handle it like a big girl, and I have been told the alternative both times is worse.

I so can relate @kuposa17. I can not seem to get up or wake up. My alarm goes at 5, and it is killing me every morning, even though I am in bed by 8ish (and most of the time have had a nap on the sofa before that)
    In the weekends I sometimes can not get up, and arrise around noon or later if I do not have any plans.
    The perks of livinig on ones own I guess is that nobody needs me, so I can stay in bed that long, the disavantage of living on my own is because no one needs me, I actually stay in bed too :open_mouth:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hi Ladies! I am 15w3d and feeling great! Last Friday we found out we are having a low risk boy from the NIPT results and keeping it a secret for now has been difficult!! We are telling the family on the 4th of July since we will all be together...trying to figure out a clever way to do so. My next appointment isn't until 7/5 so I am anxiously awaiting that, even though I won't be able to see him, it will still be nice to hear the heartbeat.

QOTW: I am definitely enjoying having my energy back and working out again. I would say when we heard that we were having a boy it began to feel a lot more real to me...the baby is no longer an "it"!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• @tvh1982 @ZoeFer I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the waking up issue! I went to acupuncture on Tue night and that seems to have helped, but it's such a bizarre feeling to not be *able* to wake up after 8 hrs of sleep!

My thoughts to everyone who is dealing with the UTIs and yeast infections this week :(

@erica0901 I have my 17 week appt on 5 July as well, it will have been SIX weeks in between appointments so my anxiety is a wee bit high!

me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • I learned yesterday that my sequential screening is negative (yay!). I woke up with my 1st pregnancy charlie horse in my calf this morning.. Their so painful! We leave for our babymoon on Sunday so I'm not too sure how active I will be next week. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @kuposa17 I tried only once, so it is hard to say that it really worked but I slept with a pillow between my legs last night and I slept better. I woke up with much more energy this morning. I can`t tell if it was the reason but worth trying :)