babies"r"us registry party — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party

bumptarabumptara
Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
admin
edited July 2016 in 2nd Trimester

You’re invited!

We’re throwing a Baby Registry Party right here in the Bump Community, brought to you by Babies”R”Us!

It all happens today, Thursday, July 21, on the 2nd Trimester board from 12-2PM ET.  

This party will celebrate you, your baby, and (of course) your registry. We want to hear all about it! We’ll feature registry-related topics over the course of this chat so you can mix, mingle, and discuss all things registry. Plus, find out your fellow Bumpies have on their minds about their registries. 

It’s not a party without goodies! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will receive a Summer Infant Sharp View HD Video Baby Monitor! All you have to do is join in on the discussion to be entered for a chance to win. No purchase necessary. See official rules.

Hope to see you there!  

Knottie97583752runnermom9mylove146WinchesterGirlcphsiung

Re: babies"r"us registry party

• bumptarabumptara
    admin
    edited June 2016

Welcome Bumpies!

We're so excited to have you celebrating with us here at our Baby Registry Party, brought to you by Babies"R"Us! 

Remember, by joining in on the discussion, you're entered for a chance to win! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will win a Summer Infant Sharp View HD Video Baby Monitor

Let's get the party started - and start chatting! 

Throughout the next two hours, I'll be posting a new topic for you all to discuss. 

Our first topic is: What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?

• A Rock N' Play was the first item I added!
  • I haven't started my registry yet! Did people register for a crib? 
  • I put one on my registry but I already broke down and bought it!
    littlebirdie28
  • I added the babyletto hudson crib and changer, I also added drawer organizers :smile:

• Did anyone put a stroller on the list, I'm not sure if I should?
  • What about bedding for the crib?
  • I registered for some bedding but not a crib as I have one
  • I also have the Vulli Sophie la Girafe because I REALLY want it but don't know if I want it bad enough to pay the price for it!
    nlewis0819
  • I have a crib and dresser on my registry. I'll likely buy them myself, but added them anyway. Also added sheets and smaller nursery items that I may get as gifts. 
  • I did .. Even if you don't get you can use the completion discount that babiesrus will give you .. Pplus they will send you 10% back on what has been purchased from your registry 
  • DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2016
    Our first topic is: What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?

Crib, dresser, and mattress were on the list specifically so they could be purchased by specific family members who offered to get those items for us. I'll put a glider on there soon but I'm planning to buy that for myself. I'll still add it to the registry first.

Video baby monitor is on there too. I don't think a bedding set is necessary and I'm getting sheets custom made with a specific fabric so there's no bedding on my list.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • We ordered/bought other furniture that we found for more reasonable prices at various stores and online, so just a crib from the registry
  • @AndreaM924 it's good to keep even things you'll buy yourself on the registry because depending on the places you're registered you can get the reward when it's purchased and/or get a completion discount at the end!
    I put a Britax on mine :)
  • @UponAStar16 yep! That's exactly why I put them on my registry. Also makes it easier to keep track of everything I want/need. 
    UponAStar16
    Depends on which I end up deciding to get. I'm thinking about the UPPAbaby Cruz which they don't sell at BRU. If I decide to not spend that much on a stroller and choose one that is sold at BRU I will put that on my registry. Even if I plan to just buy it myself.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    I got a great deal on the stroller I wanted so I bought it myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting it in the registry. My mom was actually a little disappointed bc she wanted to get it for me. 
  • Has anyone else gotten the mountain buggy umbrella stroller? 
  • It sounds like a lot of thought has been put into creating your registries so far! Which leads us to our next question….

What items do you want the most from your registry?
    ashtonarylittlebirdie28
  • What items do you want the most from your registry?
    Probably has to be the swing and rock n' play since I keep hearing how helpful those are (if you have a baby that likes them anyway).
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  •  I am really hoping people are generous enough to get us the stroller, car seat, extra car seat base, diaper genie.... Really everything haha, because we mostly added things we will definitely need 
  • BumpTara said:

It sounds like a lot of thought has been put into creating your registries so far! Which leads us to our next question….

Well, it would be amazing if I did get any of the nursery furniture! Otherwise I will really be excited to get basic items - muslin blankets, diapers, bottles, etc. 
  • BumpTara said:

It sounds like a lot of thought has been put into creating your registries so far! Which leads us to our next question….

I would say the Britax stroller, tommee tippee pump and go starter kit OR a baby monitor. The one we bought for our Daughter wasnt that great so we will definitely be purchasing one this go around!
  • I want my Ju-Ju-Be Be prepared diaper bag! :)
  • @naydeen12 I haven't picked out a diaper bag yet but just checked out the one you want and I like it! I am going to have to go take a look at it in person. 
  • Your registries sound awesome!!

Okay, let's keep things moving with our next topic: How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
  • BumpTara said:

Your registries sound awesome!!

Okay, let's keep things moving with our next topic: How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
    So far I have just told my mom and sisters because they asked. They will share it with other family when they send out my shower invite. 
  • BumpTara said:

Your registries sound awesome!!

I haven't. The registry is mostly for me to keep track of what I have bought or what I am wanting. This is number 3 and I think it would be very rude to tell people I made one!
  • My family and a couple friends asked if/where we were registered...and my family members planning the shower put the registry info on our shower invitations
  • Yes! I shared it.

Our registry item for our nursery is our white noise machine

• Okay, let's keep things moving with our next topic: How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?

My mom put that I was registered at BRU on the invitations for my shower.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I shared it with my close family and it will be in my baby shower invites
    mkcallahan12
  • What is the best way to share your registry?
  • @Nwilcox09 Maybe you'll get lucky and friends or family will find it on their own :). I always like to get small gifts after the first baby and never know what to give besides clothes and diapers. 
    Nwilcox09
  • @Knottie1457384105 I have found that people will usually ask if you have a registry if they want to buy something from it. Also, make that your registry isn't set to private. I don't always ask and just go looking for registries. 
  • bumptarabumptara
    admin
    edited June 2016

There are some great suggestions being mentioned here!  

Next question: Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)? 
    Mariekris
  • We put the registry on our invites, but we also tell people when they ask
  • BumpTara said:

There are some great suggestions being mentioned here!  

Next question: Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)? 
    I put a video baby monitor on my registry. Staying away from most other techy items though. I do not need a swing I can control from my smart phone.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards