1st Trimester

Can't get to sleep!

Ever since I thought I might be last week when I got my first BFP, I've been tossing and turning for what seems like forever before falling asleep. I can't get comfortable. I'm 4 wks 6 days. 

I have been reading up on everything to avoid and I gotta say,  it's so overwhelming. New soaps, new deoderant, new nail Polish and remover, shampoos, conditioners.. Oh man. I need to find a way to relax before bed thats safe as well. Anyone else go through this? This is my first pregnancy.

Re: Can't get to sleep!

• Dude. Dial it back a couple levels. There's no reason you have to completely change your life because you're KU. I cut down on caffeine, cut out lunch meat and alcohol (well all the "biggies" that 'they' tell you not to eat) and that's pretty much it. I use the same shampoo etc...it's going to be a long nine months if you overanalyze every little thing from here until the baby's born. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP. Giving up alcohol and ibuprofen were really the only big things I changed when I got pregnant. Take a breath and save the money you're spending on new beauty products and put it toward the expenses you can expect over the next several months.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know! Like I said, this is my first and I there's so much stuff out there that you read.. Thanks guys :) 
  • Still asking about the sleep though. Has anyone this early in their pregnancy experienced this before? Not being to get comfortable, or being really tired but not being able to sleep? 
  • Still asking about the sleep though. Has anyone this early in their pregnancy experienced this before? Not being to get comfortable, or being really tired but not being able to sleep? 
    I'm going to guess that's related to you stressing over all the changes you t hunk you have to make. Try to relax about stuff and hopefully sleep will come easier. If not, both Unisom and Benadryl are pregnancy safe. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with the PP, your sleep is probably about your mental/emotional state right now.  At 5 weeks your baby is the size of a poppy seed and while hormones are ramping up, there's no real physical change yet.  I thought I "couldn't sleep" at 9 weeks and now at almost 35 I want to laugh at myself (and I know it really only goes down hill from here).  
    Figurinf out relaxation and coping skills will help you through everything.  For me that meant meditation (I used guided YouTube videos), adult coloring books and sometimes a warm shower. If you can quiet your mind you will start to sleep better.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Try cutting electronics and hour before bed. Read a book or something else. Chamomile tea and some lavender oil on your feet. Gotta wind that brain down, girl.

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• I  having had some trouble sleeping as well. (Nothing compared to when I try to sleep in 3rd trimester) I turn off electronics and turn all the lights off. I try to breathe a bit deeply and concentrate on my breathes if certain thoughts pop into my mind. If I absolutely can not sleep I will get out of bed and try later. 

• Ladies, you are awesome! Ty so much for the tips. I will try all those one at a time until I find one that helps me out. I think a major part of it is getting used to the idea that I'm pregnant. I've had close friends who have had miscarriages, and more than one, so I'm kind of nervous about that, but I'm trying my best to think positive. Plus I think my husband and I are still in shock. Happy shock of course :) Thank you again. 
  • I've been diffusing lavender and cedarwood essential oils and I am out like a light. These are safe for pregnancy and all natural. 
    Emily

• Thank you so much Emily!