Infertility

Experience with tubal cannulation?

Background: I am a return user to The Bump with round two of infertility.  My ex husband had Klinefelter's and we did 3 IUIs that resulted in one miscarriage at 10 weeks.  My new partner had a vasectomy 17 years ago so we are looking at the options of a reversal as well as IVF.

It has been confirmed that my left fallopian tube is blocked completed right at the uterus so I was told that I would be a good candidate for a tubal cannulation.  I am looking for advice on success, pain, etc. for those of you have experienced this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Experience with tubal cannulation?

• @kparker83 sorry you are going through this. In December when I went in for my HSG my left tube looked blocked and I had a fibroid potentially blocking my right but the dr also suspected the right could be blocked but it was hard to tell since the fibroid was obscuring the image. My dr also suggested I was a good candidate for tubal cannulation. Well- big surprise a few weeks later as we ended up conceiving on our own that cycle. Unfortunately- I experienced a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Six weeks later because I was undergoing fertility treatments my dr suggested I go through with the tubal cannulation to make sure all of our bases  were covered. It was essentially like another HSG but I was under conscious sedation which mad the experience much better. It was explained that in the event the tube was blocked the dr would put a scope or instrument through to open the tube. For me once they went in and pushed the dye through both my tubes were open and clear so no cannulation was  necessary. My dr thinks the first HSG may have cleared up some  blockage or one of my tubes was spasming not allowing the dye to push through on the first HSG. I was a little crampy afterwards and they game  me some antibiotics. I was back at work the next day and felt fine. My dr told me they are generally about 80% successful when the blockage is by the uterus. Hope it all goes well :) 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • I'm doing the procedures this afternoon, and will share when I return.