June 2016 Moms

Totally incontinent. Anyone been through this?

I am 4 days postpartum and totally incontinent. I am in adult diapers and can barely leave the house. I can't even feel the urge to pee or sensation of peeing. I am doing kegels like crazy. Anyone been through this? Please tell me it will all end soon! It's really starting to affect my sanity.

Re: Totally incontinent. Anyone been through this?

• I wasn't this extreme but it took a few days before I would stop leaking if I moved the wrong way.
  • Did you have a catheter? I think that can be a side effect of catheters. I would call your dr and ask though
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited June 2016
    Lurking 
    I was just reading about this in one of my specialized books on the pelvis (I'm a prenatal yoga teacher and acupuncturist) it said that sometimes as the organs go back into place the pressure from the uterus and bladder accidentally take each other's place temporarily and become inverted and this causes complete incontinence until it sorts it self out. The good news is it said it does resolve itself over time. The book said to lie on your stomach on a not too soft surface (not on a bed, but on a carpeted floor) and this helps the weight of the uterus to fall forward and resume it's proper place in the pelvis.
    Of course I'm not an md and this would probably be an excellent thing to bring up to your doctor. The book is "the female pelvis" by blandine calais-germain and the page number is pg145. I plan to belly bind post partum (I'm sept 16) and that might help your situation as well to provide positive pressure in the abdomen. So sorry you are going through this, I hope it gets batter asap!
  • I had it but not quite as bad as you. I couldn't hold my pee at all. As soon as I felt the urge I peed and couldn't stop it. Lasted close to a week before it finally got better. I'm pretty sure it was due to the catheter.

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, twice. Damn it.