May 2016 Moms

Brooklyn Moms

Hi all. I'm a FTM in Bay Ridge Brooklyn and wondering if any other moms are in the area. Being that the weather is nice, it would be cool to get out every so often and take up the entire sidewalk with our strollers :smiley:  

Re: Brooklyn Moms

• yogahhyogahh member
    Hold up! I'm in bay ridge!!!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• @yogahh ha ha really? Awesome! I'm on 96th and 4th, how about you?
  • Loading the player...
  • yogahhyogahh member
    @yogahh ha ha really? Awesome! I'm on 96th and 4th, how about you?
    91st and ridge! Have you been to the coop? It's right by you...

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahhyogahh member
    I've been walking shore road daily. You should come with us sometime!! 

cat fail animated GIF

• @yogahh oh wow super close! I actually haven't been there yet, but my MIL told me they are kid friendly and I've been meaning to go check it out. Have you been there yet? Walking on Shore Rd would be great, we'd love to join. Maybe later on this week, Thursday or Friday would be cool :smile:
  • yogahhyogahh member
    @yogahh oh wow super close! I actually haven't been there yet, but my MIL told me they are kid friendly and I've been meaning to go check it out. Have you been there yet? Walking on Shore Rd would be great, we'd love to join. Maybe later on this week, Thursday or Friday would be cool :smile:
    Yes!!  If you are not part of the bay ridge mama Facebook page you should join. They have new mom meet ups at the coop. I haven't gone yet but was thinking of going tomorrow (I believe it's every Monday morning) 

cat fail animated GIF

• @yogahh awesome! Thanks I will check it out. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning, so I could try to go next Monday instead. 
  • yogahhyogahh member
    Sounds good. It's 10-12 every Monday. I'm going to swing by tomorrow. 

cat fail animated GIF

• bkjadebkjade member
    Heyyyy Brooklyn! We are in Williamsburg, but I'd be down to make a trek somewhere since it's not like I have anything on my schedule coming up.

Perhaps we can meet up halfway near Prospect Park sometime this month? I went to McCarren with a can of rosé and some cheese last week and it was delightful. 
  • Not a NYC mom yet (and not even sure if we'll be in Brooklyn, my husband will start looking for places next week), but I told my husband that there were some Brooklyn moms on the board and I was gonna try to make some IRL friends with them and he said, "Sounds good, but if any of them are serial killers I'm gonna be pretty annoyed." Lol. 
  • What up Brooklyn!! I'm in Brooklyn Heights. Would
    definitely be down for a prospect park meet up! 
  • You guys! Am I the only one that doesn't live in Brooklyn?
  • yogahhyogahh member
    I'm down for prospect park!! 

@bltbear82, we don't discriminate. Come to the BK!!

@bellodomani you're moving in the fall right??

cat fail animated GIF

• Omg I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm struggling to get above 14th Street. I feel so bad for this baby, we only get out and see other toddlers and their moms. This kid will have zero friends until preschool at this rate!
  • yogahhyogahh member
    Bltbear82 said:
    Omg I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm struggling to get above 14th Street. I feel so bad for this baby, we only get out and see other toddlers and their moms. This kid will have zero friends until preschool at this rate!
    There's nothing worth going above 14th st for anyways ;) Except for the good Bloomingdales...

cat fail animated GIF

• Oh bummed I can't be part of the IRL Brooklyn group! Was in Park Slope until last year and am now what feels like light years away in Connecticut...I miss the city!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm down for Prospect Park too! I love it there :smile:

@yogahh did you make it to The Coop this morning? If so, how was it?
  • yogahhyogahh member
    I'm down for Prospect Park too! I love it there :smile:

@yogahh did you make it to The Coop this morning? If so, how was it?
    Yeah I went.. Not sure i would go again. It wasn't anything organized. Just some moms drinking coffee and watching their kids play. Not a lot lf
    mom interaction. Btw I'm pm'ing you.. A warning about something I heard in the hood...

cat fail animated GIF

• bkjadebkjade member
    Bltbear82 said:
    Omg I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm struggling to get above 14th Street. I feel so bad for this baby, we only get out and see other toddlers and their moms. This kid will have zero friends until preschool at this rate!
    Heh! I never went above 14th even when I didn't have an infant when I lived in LES.
  • bkjadebkjade member
    PM'd everyone to see what works. 
  • @yogahh Most likely mid to late August. 
  • I figured you guys would get this - I just took DS1 out for a little morning date to have some quality time one-on-one. We were having a great time, stopped at our local coffee shop to have a snack and we were sitting outside enjoying it and some random guy comes up and asks me to buy him a coffee, which I don't mind necessarily but DS1 wasn't in a stroller so I don't like to be distracted if he's not strapped in. I told the guy I didn't have any cash so he turns around to ask someone else and he has a massive hole in the back of his pants so basically he's wearing backless chaps made out of sweatpants. I don't even know how to begin to explain that to DS. Luckily he was distracted by his new train. 
  • yogahhyogahh member
    Bltbear82 said:
    I figured you guys would get this - I just took DS1 out for a little morning date to have some quality time one-on-one. We were having a great time, stopped at our local coffee shop to have a snack and we were sitting outside enjoying it and some random guy comes up and asks me to buy him a coffee, which I don't mind necessarily but DS1 wasn't in a stroller so I don't like to be distracted if he's not strapped in. I told the guy I didn't have any cash so he turns around to ask someone else and he has a massive hole in the back of his pants so basically he's wearing backless chaps made out of sweatpants. I don't even know how to begin to explain that to DS. Luckily he was distracted by his new train. 
    I'm picturing sweatpants chaps and cracking up. I'm guessing you were in union square? 

cat fail animated GIF

• Bltbear82 said:
    I figured you guys would get this - I just took DS1 out for a little morning date to have some quality time one-on-one. We were having a great time, stopped at our local coffee shop to have a snack and we were sitting outside enjoying it and some random guy comes up and asks me to buy him a coffee, which I don't mind necessarily but DS1 wasn't in a stroller so I don't like to be distracted if he's not strapped in. I told the guy I didn't have any cash so he turns around to ask someone else and he has a massive hole in the back of his pants so basically he's wearing backless chaps made out of sweatpants. I don't even know how to begin to explain that to DS. Luckily he was distracted by his new train. 
    At least they weren't frontless chaps...I've seen my fair share of homeless weeners. 
  • yogahh said:
    Bltbear82 said:
    I'm picturing sweatpants chaps and cracking up. I'm guessing you were in union square? 
    I wish, that would make it far less absurd. We were on 11th between Greenwich St., right by the Spotted Pig!
  • @bltbear82 oh my lol there's no place like NY, that's for damn sure