February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread-Week of 6/20/16

Re: Symptoms Thread-Week of 6/20/16

• @angeltennis3 thanks for the positive wishes!  Also, good luck on the nanny search!  A good nanny is so hard to find around here.  We have a great backup nanny who worked with us for 5 months who is available part time only - so she is helping us out this week, yay!  We love her!  

I'm still spotting a little and like others have said it's pretty scary and anxiety inducing. I had to look up signs of a miscarriage - and that just made me feel worse - I had no idea what/how it progressed in detail...   So now I'm just scared.   I've had some weird looking brown spotting and spoke with the midwives twice - they say it happens to some women for unknown reasons and not particularly indicative of how things will go.  They said I should come in for an ultrasound if I spot again this week if that will make me feel better.

Sending positive sticky baby vibes to everyone!    
  • 1. 7 weeks 3 days (1st ultrasound next week)
    2. SO TIRED!!! Like, how can I be a productive member of society when all I can do is go splat on the couch?! Hungry all the time but nothing tastes good. But if I don't eat I feel super nauseous. So I graze all day while splatting. (I work full time, but mostly at home, so that helps. Props to all you ladies who have to put on real clothes and get out of the house!). Also, being tired and nauseous makes me depressed, so I haven't been feeling good at all lately. This is #2, so I'm hoping it'll be like #1 and ease up around week 12. That's still a ways away, though...
    3. Since no one but DH knows yet, I feel like a super flake with friends and with work obligations - I can barely reply to emails and I'm way behind on work I should be doing. I know it's ok, but it makes me feel even worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 weeks 6 days

im not having a whole lot of symptoms. A tiny bit of cramping and a tiny bit of spotting. My boobs hurt so bad though. I actually make a squeaking sound when I take my bra off at the end of the day. My sense of smell has increased but that could be because I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant. 
    Theres a tiny bit of nausea around mid day but nothing too severe. 
  • I am assuming I am about 5-5.5 weeks.   (I have pcos and am not sure when I  O'd this cycle) 

Not a whole lot to report other than mild cramping and a little bit of tenderness in my boobs. 

I don't wish for symptoms by any means, but I just don't feel pregnant yet. KWIM? 

• 1. 6w0d (from LMP not sure if this is accurate) 

2. The nausea and food adversions are real. Feel so icky all day. Nothing sounds good, although I do feel a bit better after eating. Just cooked dinner and I can't eat it, even though it sounded ok before I started making it. At least DH will eat it so it won't go to waste. 

3. I hate that the 1st tri icky-ness will take up such a chunk of my summer and pretty much keep me from enjoying outdoor family activities. 
  • Ughhhh guysss the bloat is real, I feel like I already look huge and I'm not even 5 weeks.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah the bloat is horrible. 
    And I've been told second time around is worse than the first....
  • Yeah the bloat is horrible. 
    True story. This is my second time around and I already look pregnant. I haven't gained any weight, but the bloat is excessive. 
  • L JaneL Jane member
    Yeah the bloat is horrible. 
    True story. This is my second time around and I already look pregnant. I haven't gained any weight, but the bloat is excessive. 
    Yes and yes! My kids have no clue I'm pregnant, and today one of them said "mama looks like she's ready to be pregnant". Umm...I didn't think it was THAT bad. Lol. 
  • I'm almost 6 weeks and I'm way sicker then my first pregnancy. Sick in the morning, sick at night. I can hardly make it through the grocery store without gagging. It's all worth it but it's miserable. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• @KittyAngel929 sorry you are so sick - that sucks!  Hope you feel better soon.
  • L Jane said:
    Yeah the bloat is horrible. 
    Yes and yes! My kids have no clue I'm pregnant, and today one of them said "mama looks like she's ready to be pregnant". Umm...I didn't think it was THAT bad. Lol. 
    I'm glad my kid doesn't know what pregnant is! 
  • GUISE. 
    The struggle is real when you can't go to Target because the smell of popcorn makes you dry heave! 
  • I've had cramping on and off this afternoon. Then I just noticed a few light brown spots on the TP just now. Should I be freaking out? I feel like freaking out. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• paigeed said:
    I've had cramping on and off this afternoon. Then I just noticed a few light brown spots on the TP just now. Should I be freaking out? I feel like freaking out. 
    Breathe. Call your ob or a nurse if you have to to ease the nerves. But until that spotting is bright red w/ clots chances are you're fine and so is baby. Brown spotting and intermittent cramping is normal. <3
  • I'm 5w1d and have had almost no symptoms so far!

This week I get barely noticeable waves of nausea and I'm tired with a little heartburn, but nothing screaming "PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS!" With DS I had nothing until week 6 hit. Hoping it all stays away this time!

• sm05-2sm05-2 member
    My breasts still hurt and my fatigue has gotten a little worse. My nausea has been intermittent, which made me think it's getting better, but today and yesterday it's gotten much worse (thankfully still no throwing up!). Today I hit week 7--baby is as big as a blueberry! Hope I get an US next week at my first appt. to see how the little one is doing. 
  • paigeed said:
    I've had cramping on and off this afternoon. Then I just noticed a few light brown spots on the TP just now. Should I be freaking out? I feel like freaking out. 
    Breathe. Call your ob or a nurse if you have to to ease the nerves. But until that spotting is bright red w/ clots chances are you're fine and so is baby. Brown spotting and intermittent cramping is normal. <3
    Thank you. I haven't had much cramping up until now. The spotting isn't on my underwear, but is when I wipe. I wonder if maybe it's a UTI. I have some home test strips in going to try. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• Still spotting... red...going to triage this morning once our backup nanny gets here at 9am.  Nervous nervous nervous so nervous...
  • I took the UTI home test and the leukocytes are above normal level and suggest contacting my doctor. I will call them in an hour and a half when they open. I hope that's all it is. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• Still spotting... red...going to triage this morning once our backup nanny gets here at 9am.  Nervous nervous nervous so nervous...
    Praying for you! Please keep us posted. Hugs!!
  • @paigeed Hope it's nothing!

@fourPsinapod Thanks!!!
  • @carribeanmama thinking of you too! 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• Oh no @caribbeanmama! Praying for you.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Positive vibes your way @caribbeanmama
  • @paigeed pot calling the kettle black here, but after you call the Dr, try to relax as much as you can. Hang in there!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @paigeed Hope it's nothing!

@fourPsinapod Thanks!!!
    Any news?? 
  • SC&JCSC&JC member
    1.  How far along are you? 6 weeks 4 days

2.  Any new symptoms this week?
    Waves of nausea which result in gagging
    Constipation!!
    Chest congestion
    Sore breast that comes and goes

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am super anxious! My first appointment seems so far way!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hugs @caribbeanmama. Keep us posted. I'm praying for you. 
  • edited June 2016
    1.How far along?  6 weeks and change

2. New symptoms? Not really. Lightheadedness continues to plague me. My TMJ is at an all time high b/c I can't take Aleeve to help with the inflammation. Pretty miserable. Also... BOOOOOOBS. They plumped up. My G cup is a bit tight already.

3. R/R/Q? Rant - it's HOT. Hell, it's hot. My ass sweats before I even step outside. I'm totally using the pregnancy as an excuse to keep my booty inside. Rave - Cereal is delicious again. Q - Will Jorah Mormont find the cure for Greyscale??

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• @caribbeanmama and @paigeed I'm keeping the two of you in my thoughts!   <3

1.  How far along are you?  4+4

2.  Any new symptoms this week?  My breast are soooo sore and my stomach is frequently upset.  Ginger Ale really helps to settle my stomach! 

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm having a hard time sleeping.  I normally sleep really well, and in the past, have mostly slept on my stomach.  With breast soreness, I have found that I will wake up frequently throughout the night and be on my back (which is never a way I usually sleep).  I was reading a bit online and I think it's time to try to train myself to sleep on my side.  Anyone else have troubles sleeping?  Would you suggest trying to sleep on my side now to make it easier once the second and third trimester hit?
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Doctor still hasn't called back. I left another message. We will see. I'm just relaxing, drinking all the water and I took a few Tylenol. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• @beary67 Great to see you over here! Woo hoo, Feb17!! Sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I've definitely found I'm having a harder time getting comfortable at night. I've already used a body pillow for years and it really helps with side-sleeping. Maybe think about getting one soon if you're thinking of trying to switch to sleeping on your side.

1.  How far along are you? 5+6

2.  Any new symptoms this week? I can't keep any food down today! Definitely the worst day so far for nausea / food aversion / smell aversion. I'm drinking water and ginger ale and nibbling on crackers and trying not to throw up at work. Super fun.

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone use any candies or lozenges besides Preggie Pops for nausea? They work but I don't love how sour they are.
    Due Jan/Feb 2017 | It's TWINS!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • @LadyBrettAshley23 I bought these Tummydrops off Amazon and they work great. 

Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• fourPsinapodfourPsinapod member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks everybody!!!  I'm still in triage.  I have some bleeding :( but I heard the heartbeat!!!!!  The ultrasound tech wouldn't show me the screen or talk about what she saw.  That's so weird and not consistent with my experience last year.  She says she is only here to take the pictures.  So I just got up and took a picture of the screen and looked!  I saw the embryo and at least she allowed me to hear the heartbeat.  I started crying because now it is real so this is nerve wracking!  Am waiting on the midwife to discuss the results after the radiologist signs off on it.  I have no idea if anything is wrong!
    When I fell down the steps while pregnant with DD, the hospital tech also did not let me see the screen and they didn't talk to me at all. I think it's just normal procedure when something is "irregular." I'm so happy you heard a HB! Still praying for you. Keep us posted.
  • Thanks everybody!!!  I'm still in triage.  I have some bleeding :( but I heard the heartbeat!!!!!  The ultrasound tech wouldn't show me the screen or talk about what she saw.  That's so weird and not consistent with my experience last year.  She says she is only here to take the pictures.  So I just got up and took a picture of the screen and looked!  I saw the embryo and at least she allowed me to hear the heartbeat.  I started crying because now it is real so this is nerve wracking!  Am waiting on the midwife to discuss the results after the radiologist signs off on it.  I have no idea if anything is wrong!
    FX for good news from the midwife!  Hang in there!
  • @carribeanmama maybe it's an SCH? I'm glad you heard the HB and hope everything is going to be just fine!
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• paigeed said:
    I took the UTI home test and the leukocytes are above normal level and suggest contacting my doctor. I will call them in an hour and a half when they open. I hope that's all it is. 
    The emergency room Dr thinks a uti/kidney infection could have caused my bleeding last week. Apparently the symptoms are so similar to regular pregnancy symptoms most people overlook them until they have bleeding (which it can cause). Hoping you've solved the mystery here and a round of antibiotics fixes you right up!