Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/ TTA Check-in (6/20)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
 Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going? 

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out?

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

Re: Benched/ TTA Check-in (6/20)

• Options
    Hi all. I'm new here (posted my intro on the intro thread). (And I've read the read this first and advice to newbies threads.)

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Timing. DH has a big master's exam at the end of March 2017, so trying to plan around that

How long do you think you'll be here? two weeks

How have things been going? Fine. I really don't want to be waiting, but oh well. It is what it is. 

Any R/R/CS? Hmm none right now. 

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I love to bake. Right now I'm into baking different kinds of cakes with different techniques. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA sadly

What brings you here? Moving

How long do you think you'll be here? End of July, so we'll be back to ttcal in August

How have things been going? As good as they can. So far selling/buying houses has been going pretty smoothly. We are going to start packing soon

Any R/R/CS? None currently. Trying to stay positive and not go down that dark hole

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I love to eat out. I hate cooking but feel so accomplished when I made a delicious meal. I like Chinese and stuffed pizza and of course Diary Queen blizzards are my favorite!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Visit to Guadalajara

How long do you think you'll be here? 7 more weeks of this grrrrr

How have things been going? Not so hot.  Just want this to be over with already

Any R/R/CS? Tried having sex today with a condom....that f**king sucks.  Like OMG sucks.

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out?  I'm also a baker.  Love to make cakes, muffins, desserts....yummy.  Don't ask me to cook regular food though.  It's so time consuming and I'd rather pick something up from somewhere.  My favorite is Olive Garden...fast food would have to be Chick Fil A....I love their food.
    Me: 35    DH: 37
    Married: April 2015
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    BFP: Dec 2015 / MC: Jan 2016
    TTC #2: Mar 2016
    DD 16 yrs old
    2 Furbabies: Doug and Carla
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5c7c93

TTGP June Siggy Challenge - TV/Movie Dads - Will Smith

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Timing of life

How long do you think you'll be here? Until early/mid Sept

How have things been going? Just getting excited for all the stuff we get to do this summer. I am actually happy to not be pregnant this summer and miss it all or not have as much fun because I cant drink/have MS/am uncomfortable/am exhausted

Any R/R/CS? I am not a patient human

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out?
    I love to cook but I dont have a favorite to cook because I dont ever repeat recipes. I mean, I guess as a genre I like to cook french seafood
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 I know what you mean about summer. I'm looking forward to making the most out of a sad situation!

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Ectopic pregnancy last month

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully, fingers crossed, until October! Possibly longer...no real time frame until I'm fully back to normal.

How have things been going? Ok, I guess. Consult with MFM showed good progress in healing, but left the time frame for tiring a little open. But overall, well.

Any R/R/CS? None right now.

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I love cooking! I really enjoy making this pesto and goat cheese veggie lasagna. I'll be making that soon! Especially before it gets too hot to use the oven!
    Married 9/27/2014  :)
    BFP #1: 8/23/2015 M/C: 9/24/2015
    BFP# 2: 4/15/2016 M/C: 5/13/2016 Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy
    5/13/2016 Methotrexate Shot #1
    5/15/2016 Methotrexate Shot #2
    5/17/2016 Methotrexate Shot #3
  • Options

What brings you here?  Zika concerns

How long do you think you'll be here? Well we plan to start trying again next cycle so that should be in about 2 more weeks

How have things been going? Ok. Just impatient. Whenever I get frustrated I try to remember how beautiful and perfect our vacation in St. Lucia was :)

Any R/R/CS? Don't know what my cycles are doing. I may have ovulated super early this month for some reason. My body better get its act together by next cycle. 

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I like lots of fish. Baked, fried or stewed. Don't make it so much now anymore since DH is not as big of a fan as I am though. 
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? After a year of NTNP, I finally convinced DH that we are stable enough for a baby. So of course, this month AF is two weeks late. Lots of home pregnancy tests and a negative blood test later, I've given up hope for this month.

How long do you think you'll be here? I hope not long. Next cycle, I'm going to start charting hard.

How have things been going? Things are going okay. I was really upset when I found out I was not KU. I'm accepting it now though. DH has been so supportive, and I'm just so blessed to have him.

Any R/R/CS? I'm getting frustrated with my sisters, even though they've done no wrong. They keep sending me baby pics, and asking me to come over. I always do, even though its hard. I love my nieces and nephew but its so hard to see them because I want one so bad!

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I love to bake anything. Its more like a science that most cooking. I love being exact and getting something delicious out of it!
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose and @MamaCoffin: I am so sorry. I miss understood the meaning of benched. Newb mistake! Many happy thoughts to you ladies! Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    @LadyMillil I'm so sorry that you're benched for a bit, but I'm happy that you have a silver lining in your new job! Congrats! Also, that's amazing that DHs transfer is bringing about so many amazing things for you both. I'm so excited for you!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options

What brings you here? Sort of a long story but our current insurance is awful and we can't afford to move forward with the Testing/Treatment needed from the RE, also I am negotiating with a new employer that if I accept would get awesome insurance but would need to wait so I could qualify for FMLA.

How long do you think you'll be here? We plan to start the testing (HSG/SA) as soon as my new health insurance kicks in. But will need to TTA until about December. 

How have things been going? It's bittersweet. I am beyond saddened that we have to TTA, that we found this awesome RE but cannot move forward with his plan right now. But I am excited and happy about the potential of a new awesome job, a boost for my career, better financial situation for my family, better health insurance etc. So though I am excited for our future, it sucks that after 8 long months of TTC we have to put it on hold. 

Any R/R/CS? RE did a blood test and it was negative. Just waiting on AF now. 

To cook would probably be Chili. It's really easy, makes a ton of leftovers for lunches, and everyone loves it.

To eat out, would be shrimp. I love shrimp, but DH is allergic so I never make it at home. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @JediAlly85 /hugs

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited June 2016
    Are you benched or TTA?  TTA

What brings you here?  Fibroid surgery

How long do you think you'll be here?  Couple more weeks?

How have things been going? I can drink all the caffeine! So not so bad. I'm dreading cutting back to 200mg when we're back to TTC.

Any R/R/CS? Rant: I've been charting to avoid since January, so this cycle my CM went from EW for several days to creamy to dry and still no temp elevation, so I'm all "Can I stop using condoms or not?" It could be an anovulatory cycle, but I won't know until my period shows up. So condoms it is! H is thrilled. Rave: We have to use condoms so I don't have to do the awkward waddle to the bathroom, or the even more awkward roll off the bed!

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out?  I love that Velveeta and Rotel queso recipe. Otherwise I'm cooking for utility, not fun. When I eat out I'll take anything with cheese. Which goes nicely with my queso obsession.

ETA: Gifs
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
     Are you benched or TTA? I guess benched, since they want us to wait until August, and then "hurry up"

What brings you here? Loss in March, unexpected health concerns/surgeries, starting to TTC again in August, hopefully we will conceive very fast, because the docs want to take all of my girl parts immediately after I deliver this next baby,  or if we don't get pregnant soon, take them out anyways

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully only a couple months

How have things been going? Horribly, I just want to be pregnant, especially now that I know this is my LAST baby!!! :(

Any R/R/CS? Can't have sex for the next two weeks due to post op surgery recovery and it is AWFUL

GTKY: What is your favorite food to cook and why?  If you don't like cooking, what is your favorite food to eat out? I don't cook much, I enjoy going out to Italian
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers