Pregnant after IF

April/May IF success group

Re: April/May IF success group

• @Griffin5413 at the 10 week ultrasound I saw that our lil guy was moving. It's so awesome to see!
  • Joyzie77 - I know! It's incredible to see how such a tiny little person is already moving around so much!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For those of you who stopped PIO did they do it gradually? The doc stopped my patches. I'm doing the PIO every other day with oral progesterone at night. Then the alternating day I do estrace 3 times a day with oral progesterone at night. 
  • Had my first obgyn today at 11 weeks, 2 days. Pap smear and they told me I wasn't scheduled for an US today so I begged the midwife if we can at least hear the heart beat. Well she couldn't find it but said that's not unusual. So she said in these cases we will do an US. I got to see baby and he/she was so active and jumping around everywhere. His heartbeat is good. I also asked if she did the Neck test which I thought was for downs syndrome but the US person  said it was for heart defects. huh? what? Now I'm confused if they ever tested for downs today. Anyway, then they took 7 vials of blood and waiting on those blood results now. Once we get those back I think we will start telling our friends. It was literally a 3 hour appt for me. Now I don't go back for a month. US pic coming soon!
  • @Drove2u That's so great! And what a great picture!!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He/she is looking good. You should ask them if they did an NT scan. It does test for the chances of Down's, Trisomy 18, and heart problems. 
  • This is from webmd

The nuchal (say "NEW-kuhl") translucency screening is a test done during pregnancy. It uses ultrasound to measure the thickness of the fluid buildup at the back of the developing baby's neck. If this area is thicker than normal, it can be an early sign of Down syndrometrisomy 18, or heartproblems.

The test is done between 11 and 14 weeks of pregnancy. It may be done as part of the first trimester screening test or the integrated screening test.

This test shows the chance that a baby may have a certain problem. It can't show for sure that a baby has a problem. You would need a diagnostic test, such as chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or amniocentesis, to find out for sure if the baby actually has a problem.

• Ok. I mean I asked her if it tested for downs and she said no heart problems. But whatever. I can't stress about it now. Not going back for another month anyway and blood results will show some things too. 
  • @Joyzie77 thanks for providing that info.

I'll try catching up on everything that I missed this week. Hope you all have a great weekend!

AFM- I've been really nauseous all week, my bff's  this week have been saltines and ginger ale, I've also been really tired. I had another appointment this week where we got to see our babies. Baby A is measuring around 8 weeks, and Baby B is measuring about 10 weeks, both heartbeats were 176. I go back next week and then my OB appointment is in about 2 weeks. Baby B is starting to look like an actual baby and Baby A is getting there. Their printer ran out of paper as we were doing the u/s and as I was heading out I forgot to go back and get the pics.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Drove2u , you are right...no reason to stress. Your lil one is starting to look more like a baby. So amazing. They do a lot of testing now through blood that test for a range of things. 7 vials of blood is a lot. I know there is the NIPT testing where they take your blood to tests for different chromosomal abnormalities. I think that is the one I'm going to ask about having them do because it's just blood work. 
  • @WishingforLuck sounds like babies are doing well!!!! I've been nauseous too. Can't seem to get it to go away no matter what I do. I did get medication because last weekend I was so dehydrated my hubby thought we might have to make an ER trip. I managed to make it through the weekend and this week has been a little better. Hubby just texted me that Orange is the new black is out so I will probably be binge watching that this weekend!!
  • Hi everyone!

@Joyzie - my doctor does more of abrupt stop of PIO and estrogen but I've heard others taper, and frankly, I wish my doctor did that too.  I was told that after 7 weeks I can switch from the PIO shots to 2X daily endometrium, but I decided to stick with PIO shots.  So that means I'm on daily PIO shots and estrogen until 10 weeks, and then I'm told to stop.  When are you doing your PIO/estrogen until?

Love all the pictures and updates, especially the ones at 11 and 12 weeks!  AFM I'm waiting for next appointment (in one week) where I'll be at 8w2 days with my RE and it can't come soon enough.  I started spotting again today, which my doctor is not at all concerned about but I almost started crying in the bathroom stall and had to take a few breaths to calm myself down.  My nausea seems to be much more pronounced in the evening than in the morning.  So in the mornings I'm always convinced there is something wrong and then by evening I guess I'm reassured because I feel like crap!!  Anyone else?
    About me: 
    Me 35, DH 36 (Unexplained Infertility, possible PCOS) TTC for 3.5 years. 
    10 clomid cycles (TI & IUI with ovidrel triggers - all BFN). 
    *Loss mentioned & Trigger warning
    #1 IVF May 2015- resulted in 15 5-day Blasts - SET (fresh) with BFP. Ectopic Preg @ 5w2d, treated with Methotrexate.
    #2 FET, Sept. 2015, SET MC@8 wks with D&C in November 2015. 
    13 remaining blasts sent for PGS testing.  1 did not survive the thaw. 6 came back normal from PGS. 
    #3 FET 5/16/16 SET - BFP 5/20/16 Beta's looked great and so did ultrasounds- officially released to my OB! EDD 2/1/17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    @knotie1432834683 I'm am way more nauseated in the evenings than i am in the mornings. 

I had had my first OB get to know ya visit today. I ended up picking out a new OB. I love her! She is great. I go Tuesday for my probably last visit with the RE.  It's so weird! I will be 10 wks 4d at that point. I may ask to do the PIO a bit longer... Going cold turkey makes me nervous.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @Knottie1432834683
    i haven't had any actual episodes of throwing up but i gradually have less and less of an appetite through the day and by dinner i basically have to force myself to eat something, even though my body feels hungry i just cant think of anything that sounds good to eat or doesn't make me feel sick thinking about. Now that we found out were having twins my DH has been freaking out about me consuming enough calories,protein and vitamins for the little ones. so we went out and bought a bunch of muscle milk protein shakes and protein bars just to supplement.

AFM, its still barely sinking in that we are in fact having twins, we only put in one embryo and while i know thats a possibility i really didn't think it would happen. DH is over the moon, he was running through a list of baby names late into the night.
    Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• @vssbrm and @kjplaza - thanks ! Nice to know I'm not the only one with "evening sickness"   not morning sickness! Ha!  I'm just like you where by evening nothing sounds good.  So I have basically been eating a bowl of cereal every night for dinner -- it's the only thing that sounds good.

@kjplaza - so exciting on twins, but understood it's also unexpected.  Hope the name picking goes ok!

@vssbrm - glad you like your new OB!
    About me: 
    #1 IVF May 2015- resulted in 15 5-day Blasts - SET (fresh) with BFP. Ectopic Preg @ 5w2d, treated with Methotrexate.
    13 remaining blasts sent for PGS testing.  1 did not survive the thaw. 6 came back normal from PGS. 
    #3 FET 5/16/16 SET - BFP 5/20/16 Beta's looked great and so did ultrasounds- officially released to my OB! EDD 2/1/17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Joyzie77 glad you're feeling better and that you didn't have to go to the ER. That's good to know I'll try to binge watch that too.
    @Knottie1432834683 I definitely feel you on being more nauseous in the evening.
    @vssbrm cold turkey does sound nerve racking. Let me know what your RE says about continuing it. Glad you feel comfortable with the new OB.
    @kjplaza glad DH is super excited. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *lurking*
    @vssbrm If it makes you feel better, I went off PIO cold turkey @ 9 weeks and had no issues. I wouldn't worry too much because baby is now able to produce progesterone on its own.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • So, has anyone bought anything for baby yet? I'm waiting until the first trimester is over. 
  • @Joyzie77 I am scared, I'm afraid to jinx anything.
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• I definitely have more trouble eating in the evening than in the morning. It's really hard to think of something that sounds good. Still no vomiting though *knock on wood*

@Joyzie77 I have a few iron-ons to make t-shirts or onesies that I bought over a year ago because they were on sale. Then we ordered a onesie last week that has our clan name (DH is Irish) on it. That's how we're going to do our big reveal for our friends, and since it's a custom order we had to get it going now.

I definitely worry at times about the fact that everyone is going to know before our first trimester is over, but I just have to act as if everything is going to go smoothly and beautifully and that God's got us.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 I'm a little nervous too but I think @dragonfaerie is right. I need to be optimistic and pray it all continues to go smoothly. @dragonfaerie that's a great idea for your reveal. :smile:
  • I hate waiting for my beta results. I obsess all freaking day, googling, calculating what it should be this many hours later. I really wish results were immediate so I could relax.

@Joyzie77 We bought a tiny Adirondack chair that we're using for our reveal. Our parents have bought some onesies (they've known from the beginning of our IF struggle). We created a private target registry that we can add and remove things from without anyone seeing. We're first time parents and don't exactly know what we're doing, so it helps to be able to toy around with it.
    Me: 31 / DH: 32
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011
    DX: unexplained infertility

1st IUI 12/23/15 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 1/8/16 BFN
    2nd IUI 1/22/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 2/8/16 BFN
    3rd IUI 2/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 3/15/16 BFN
    4th IUI 3/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 4/11/16 BFN
    5th IUI 4/26/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 5/11/16 BFN
    *****TRIGGER*****
    6th and final IUI 5/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!
    3rd US 7/15/16 - Baby #1 right on schedule! FHR 168!!! Discharged from RE!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie @Joyzie77 There are days when I think the same way, but then there are days when I freak out and get nervous. I think once 1st trimester is over, maybe I'll be able to look at baby items a bit differently and even get something. 

We decided to tell our families the big news yesterday and make is a Father's Day gift/surprise. I ordered a photo book of our vacation and put labels under each picture like "here I am with ____" and "here I am visiting ____ for the first time." Then the pre-last page said it's a gift from someone other than us with 3 clues who that someone is. The last page said Happy Father's Day from Baby ____, arriving on _____ and I can't wait to meet you!" and I also attached the last sonogram picture. I was terrified but so excited to tell. The reaction we received was so sweet and overwhelming and there were lots of tears from everyone. The funny part is everyone kind of suspected, but no one knew we'd tell yesterday. I even told them that I was scared to tell and jinx anything, but they all said that if anything they would just be even more supportive if something where to happen. This way I can focus on being happy and positive that all will go well and feeling that it's definitely real now that others know. My mom also told me that she never felt any morning sickness with me or my brother, so it made me feel a bit better that I only got sick once so far. She never even felt any nausea.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• 5th beta was 4188 :smile: First ultrasound Thursday at 11am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011

*****TRIGGER*****
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NurseTMD85 Wow lady! That's great!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats @NurseTMD85! great beta! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 sounds like a great way to reveal to the family on Father's Day. I'm glad you aren't getting sick. I can't wait for this all day sickness to go away. How far along are you again? 
  • @Joyzie77 ugh all day? That's no fun. I had a icky all day feeling for the last 3 weeks or, but nothing these past 2 days. I'm 9w1d today. How about you?

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 what an awesome surprise.

@NurseTMD85 what a great final beta!

How has everyone been feeling?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck I feel like a broken record with my DH, but I am just TIRED all the time. And I feel whiney because so little food actually sounds good, so I'm always saying "I'm hungry, but I don't know what I want." And then DH starts listing food for me. He's such a good guy, he's absolutely willing to go to the store for me if there's something I need.

For Father's Day, I actually bought him a book called "The Caveman's Pregnancy Companion." It's amusing but has good info for expectant dads.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 yeah, I am really hoping things get better soon because it makes me really unmotivated. I'm glad you have had some relief the last two days. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. Next ultrasound on Thursday. 
  • These monthly appointments I got myself into now are just no fun. Weekly was sooo much better!! Glad to see everyone is doing well and moving right along. Almost 12 weeks here. Waiting for my blood results still to make sure baby is ok so far. 
  • @dragonfaerie he definitely is a good guy, that is such a nice gift for him. I bet he's super excited.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck He is SO excited, and very protective of me. Since my due date is not until the end of January, I was just planning on not coming back to work after Christmas, but he wants me to not work at all my third trimester and quit at the end of October. I think he's worried about me driving in the snow.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Joyzie77 I hope you feel better soon also. You're so close to end of 1st tri! Must be exciting. 

@Drove2u I don't know how others handle these monthly appointments either. We get so spoiled with weekly check-ups, it's so nice to see the ultrasounds and I don't even mind being poked in the arm to make sure everything checks out ok in the bloodwork. 

@dragonfaerie I think my husband got used to me being always tired. It's now a running joke that if I stay up past 9/10 pm, it must be a record. Our friends invite us over for movie nights often, so no one even asks me for my opinion on the movie anymore. They all know I'll fall asleep within the first 20 minutes (and they don't know I'm pregnant.) 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @dragonfaerie Same, same. My new bedtime is 7pm. And absolutely NOTHING sounds remotely appealing to eat. I don't eat much during the day, and then I eat so much and so fast at night that I have major heartburn and acid reflux. And I totally just bought that book for my husband. It sounds right up his alley. Thanks!!
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011

*****TRIGGER*****

BabyFruit Ticker

• @dragonfaerie  I'm the same way with food. I've basically just stopped trying to find something we can eat together and just tell him to get his dinner and I'll have my weird pickles/cereal/saltines dinner. I feel bad because he wants to make sure I'm eating but nothing sounds good.  Your DH sounds so sweet with work :-)

We are waiting to publicly share until after 1st trimester.  Most of our close family and friends know we are going through IVF and so they already know where things are at (when the transfer was, the fact that I'm currently pregnant) but given our history we are not celebrating yet.   I think if we make it to the 12 week mark we will start thinking about the nursery, baby things, maternity clothes, childcare etc.
    About me: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tulips29 That's hilarious! I definitely don't make it to 9pm very often anymore. It cuts out on our time together, but DH understands.

@NurseTMD85 I'm sorry to hear you are having such bad reflux. :( I am prone to heartburn (GERD is in the family) so I'm surprised I haven't been getting it bad. Have you tried Tums? They usually nix any minor indigestion and heartburn I get pretty quick. And I'm glad you got the book! Let me know what he thinks!

Knottie1432834683 Haha, I've had that dinner! A few weeks ago I had peanut butter toast, apple sauce, baked beans, and a pickle for dinner. DH just shook his head and I was like "WHAT? There's protein, and fruit, it's healthy!" Lol.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker