November 2016 Moms

Swim Suits?

2»

Re: Swim Suits?

• Last weekend my one piece was waaaay more comfortable than my tankini. 
  • I bought a black, strappy one piece from target this weekend and a black DDD bikini top to mix and match with the different bottoms I have. I also bought a tankini from tj maxx. I'll sport the one piece and tankini until it's more obvious that I'm pregnant and not bloated. Buying bikini tops and bras is always a nightmare for me, I have a 30/32 under bust waist and DD/DDD cup size. When I find something that works I run with it. The biggest selling points on the bikini top were the cup size/boob coverage and the fact that it ties in the back. I can't wait to wear it once I'm nice and round.
  • Loading the player...
  • I rocked a bikini my whole first pregnancy and am still this time around.  I have a work trip to Disney this summer and will buy a one piece for that.  Awkward.
    Baby J #2 due 11.12.16
    Sydney Elizabeth born 9.24.14

• So apparently swim pants or capris are becoming popular. I found a very cool surf brand set of capris and matching sports bra style top. Looks cool and very comfortable!
  • My boobs are waayyyyy to big to fit into my regular bikinis plus I feel like when I'm pregnant im extra concerned about my stretch stomach and sun exposure so I get a tankink. Just got a cute blue one at a pea in the pod. 
  • edited June 2016

For those with big boobs (I'm 32F) who want to stay in a bikini this summer, I found some great ones on sale at old navy (paid $15 for the top), see below. I'm including a pic of the model online and a pic of real life on me.

ETA my boobs still look huge but at least hiding the cleavage is more conservative and will help me feel more comfortable :)

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• MrsEusiniMrsEusini member
    edited June 2016
    I wish I was able to wear a swimsuit from Target. I'm a 36DDD now so no tops fit my chest. I have one tankini that fit until two weeks ago, now it's getting tight and I do not feel cute in it. My bikini tops from American Eagle are too small in the chest now, they're 36DD. I need a 36DDD, which they don't carry. I'm starting to feel okay with wearing a bikini again. I just wish I could find a bikini top at either of my Target stores here that would fit me.
    Edit: Treated myself to a VS bikini top. I bought a 38DDD just in case, since they can run small sometimes. I can't believe I paid that much for a bikini top, and it was on sale.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker

• @PrettyPalomino That's really cute!  I love the more conservative top!  I would never have thought to look at Old Navy since they don't come in bra sizes.  Thanks!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm really appreciating all these suggestions, ladies, ladies! I wore last year's suit (blouse-y tankini) the one time I've needed one so far, but am still so unsure of what to commit to for my beach days... the boobs and a two year-old leave me conflicted with wanting to show the bump.

Oh, decisions...
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • atcwag amazon has that one for $22!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FFMHE9C/ref=twister_B01FFMH4QK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I've been scavenging amazon for a week looking for a suit  I like and finally found this one...

Fingers crossed it fits!! I love it so much!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZFE1RDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Before baby I've felt awkward in swimsuits bc my stomach was never toned perfectly - but now I'm proud to show off that belly - so bringing out those stretchy skintight sheath dresses - I actually only own 2 pieces of swimsuit, rarely use the indoor pool and we don't like beaches - the two piece doesn't work anymore but the one piece fits and just shows off baby belly now  - oh and it accentuates bigger breasts! it's a deep v-neck nautical suit from laperla, no need to buy maternity swimsuits for me
  • I bought a maternity tankini from target with my first pregnancy, being larger on top, I've never been super comfortable with bikinis, and I have such bad stretch marks from my first, I am glad I went with a tankini.  I don't swim much, so I didn't want to invest a lot, but I feel like 4 pregnancies its been worth it.  I also own this one: https://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear/bathing-beauty-one-piece-swimsuit-in-black  And I've been able to wear it until about 7 months pregnant, as well as normally.  I love that its classic looking, conservative in cut (great cut if you are busty!).  Modcloth also carries a plus size version for those looking.