April 2016 Moms

ASStastic. Breastfeeding and weight loss!

My entire pregnancy I pretty much wore dresses and leggings. I didn't feel like or look like I had gained any weight except the obvious belly. Low an behold now, none of my jeans fit!! I'm almost 8 weeks pp, EBF. What are some things you mommy's are doing to help lose those amazing.. over grown... I don't wanna go buy new pants... BUMS!? I thought EBF would help with weight loss, but I feel stuck

Re: ASStastic. Breastfeeding and weight loss!

• I am nearly at pre pregnancy weight but even my "fat" jeans don't really fit. My body is just shaped differently! I've been taking advantage of the warm weather and wearing skirts and dresses. I'm only a month out from a section so haven't been approved for exercise yet but have been taking walks and EBF. Hoping once I can work out I can lose some more and tone up!
  • It's just the joys of post pregnancy.  With DD1 things didn't fit right until about six months.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My clothes fit and button, but there's a bit of a muffin top where there wasn't before. :neutral: It doesn't look like my overall shape has changed, though. I am taking advantage of the warm weather and wearing skirts and dresses when I go out. Comfortable, cute and flattering!
     I have two pounds to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, so hopefully I'll look mostly normal when those are gone. 
  • I am wearing some pre-pregnancy stuff but I have a muffin top that I didn't have. I recently bought some new shorts from Old Navy (they were half off!) in a larger size to tide me over. I have no desire to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe, but I also want to make sure I look decent.
  • Breast feeding has definitely helped me lose weight, but at 5 weeks pp I have about 13 pounds to lose before I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I sucked it up and bought 2 pairs of pants for when I return to work next week :/ My hips and thighs just like to hold on to weight differently than the rest of me. I try to go for a walk every day, but with the recent heat wave I really haven't gone out too much. My sister's BF challenged me to dance off on our family vacation in a few months so I can work on my new dance moves in the AC. Once cleared by the Dr., I'll use the exercise  video on youtube that helped me get in shape for my wedding.
  • My clothes fit and button, but there's a bit of a muffin top where there wasn't before. :neutral: It doesn't look like my overall shape has changed, though. I am taking advantage of the warm weather and wearing skirts and dresses when I go out. Comfortable, cute and flattering!
     I have two pounds to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, so hopefully I'll look mostly normal when those are gone. 

Our minds think a lot alike. I am loving the spring/summer dresses. I am now back @ my pre-weight. Now 25 more lbs. more to drop. I also love wearing gym shorts. I am also a nursing mother. And me and little Aaron are doing fine.
  • Im 9 weeks PP and still 20 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight ( I gained 55, yikes). I go back to work in 3 weeks....nothing fits! I wear yoga pants, my maternity shirts and maternity jeans still. I dknt want to buy new clothes, so Im hoping to lose 10 pounds by the time I go back to work and maybe I can squeeze into some of my old clothes.I try to go for walks in the late afternoons,  but its just too hot outsjde now. Past few days its been 95 degrees. I have an exercise dvd, I just need to start doing it. Ugh! 
  • I got back to PP weight right away after she was born, but, my body doesn't agree with breastfeeding.  So even though I'm exercising regularly, eating well, and breastfeeding, I've gained 16 lbs in 6 weeks.  I've never been able to lose weight while breastfeeding. Ever.  She's 2 months old and I'm ready to quit.  I don't think I can mentally or physically handle this weight gain for another 18 months. It's so frustrating. 
  • I got back to PP weight right away after she was born, but, my body doesn't agree with breastfeeding.  So even though I'm exercising regularly, eating well, and breastfeeding, I've gained 16 lbs in 6 weeks.  I've never been able to lose weight while breastfeeding. Ever.  She's 2 months old and I'm ready to quit.  I don't think I can mentally or physically handle this weight gain for another 18 months. It's so frustrating. 
    I kept gaining instead of losing too. But now almost 10 weeks pp out of no where the weight is falling off. Don't give up on breastfeeding. It is so worth for your baby and you. It will happen :)
  • I am in the same boat with you. I gained 55 LBS and have 20 to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight but haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. I pump all my milk so i'm not sure if that's why i'm not losing anymore weight. 
  • I ebf and gained 45-55lbs with each pregnancy. I've found that I lose about 20 lbs within the first week and then plateau until 2 months. Then it starts to melt off. Every time I start a workout routine, I always drop weight quickly, but I haven't worked out since my first baby (who has some special needs and occupies much of my time and energy). I started working out last week and have only lost 1 pound. Clearly it's a hormonal thing for me. I'll just have to deal with the blub for a couple more weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had GD so I actually lost most of the weight I gained during. my third trimester. I was just baby and extra fluids. I was back to my pp weight when I came home from the hospital. I actually gained a bit since then due to no good restrictions, however my little guys might have a dairy sensitivity meaning I'll have to get off all dairy for two weeks to see. Since a that is pretty much all I eat... I think I'll loose again.
  • I'm 10 lbs up from post delivery weight. I am breastfeeding and pumping and to be honest I don't think it's making any difference in my weight loss.