September 2016 Moms

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• My pain in the ass coworker who hasn't been in work since January is now back and driving everyone crazy already. First order of business, turn a five minute staff meeting into a half hour of babbling irrelevant nonsense and then loudly exclaim on the phone to her husband afterwards  that "everyone is rude to me". 
  • @lovelylauren86 feel better, the only thing worse than a stomach bug is being forced to recover in extreme heat :(
  • Loading the player...
  • RedMarRedMar member
    @lovelylauren86 that sounds AWFUL!!!!! So sorry you're sick. I've been surrounded by the stomach bug and I just want the virus to die off for crying out loud- it's SUMMER next week! 
  • Living off of tums and prune juice
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited June 2016
    AmMcc12 said:
    Living off of tums and prune juice
    I had so much prune juice in the first tri that I could seriously throw up on cue just thinking about the taste. Getting it down with morning sickness was the worst. I don't envy you!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • AmMcc12 said:
    Living off of tums and prune juice
    I had so much prune juice in the first tri that I could seriously throw up on cue just thinking about the taste. Getting it down with morning sickness was the worst. I don't envy you!
    I have come to the realization that if I don't have a small glass every night my belly is not feeling well the next day. Im so glad I don't have to try and drink it with MS as well!!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• I've never had prune juice, but I love prunes. I have to reign myself in when I'm eating them or I'd finish the whole thing in one sitting. 

• @AnnaS930--we definitely let our LO watch movies on our iPad while on road trips. I bought a kid-proof case that is also really padded. I try to minimize what is loose in the car too, but this thing is covered in foam, so I feel like it would stand a good chance of not doing a lot of damage if it were to fly free in an accident. And the quiet (as opposed to screaming) certainly helps us stay safer too!
  • @camichael84 me too, I love prunes! My brother does too and when SIL was pregnant, he had many bad poop days because he couldn't stop himself from eating hers haha
  • Had a charlie horse in my left leg this morning. Felt like death. Pretty confused on why i got this one. I normally consume 8-10 glasses of regular water and propel water a day... Why i get CH, me not dehydrated!! :confused: 
  • Maybe try eating a banana @Kimmy717 apparently the potassium can help. I've never tried it but I've heard people say it in the past. 
  • @rock1cherry , i have some bananas. Ill have one today. The propel i drink has potassium and electrolytes also. Thought i was covered. Maybe muscles were just sore
  • @kimmy717 I got a random Charlie horse in the middle of the night recently out of nowhere. I also drink my weight in water. I just chalked it up to pregnancy fun. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get a cramp in my calf at night if I forget and stretch with my toes pointed. I have to remember to flex my foot when I stretch and I haven't had one since!
  • @Kimmy717 I had a friend who swore by Epsom salt baths during her pregnancy with twins to help with leg cramps. Apparently a deficiency in magnesium can also contribute to calf cramps but is just less widely suspected versus potassium. 
  • ashtasht member
    For Charlie horses my doc just told me to make sure to get enough calcium as well. The last Charlie horse I had made my legs hurt and struggled to walk for almost 4 days. I get them 1-2 a week
  • AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited June 2016
    Charlie horses... never point your toes... ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ashtasht member
    I actually did this last night when one started to come on. It stopped almost instantly
  • A day all alone with a potty training three year old is probably my idea of hell. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AnnaS930 said:
    Charlie horses... never point your toes... ever.
    THIS! man I keep pointing my toes in my sleep and it turns into the WORST PAIN EVER in my calves!!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @lovelylauren86 glad you're ok! Want to hear more details on this bat watching cruise?? Haha that sounds so funny 
  • @PSUBecky23 I'm right there with you! Potty training is FUN! This is the first day in a week we haven't had an accident, though...so, win?

Re: Charlie horses: I have some Rainbow vitamins that are calcium and magnesium. They seem to really help with the cramps. My mom, who was a nurse, always told me to eat a banana and drink a glass of milk. That works pretty well. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PSUBecky23 I agree so much, it's its own circle of hell for sure! My dh found "urgent" chores that needed doing to get out of the house at the beginning of potty training. I am blocking out those first few weeks from my memory knowing that I'll have to go through it again. Hope it gets better for you and that potty training moves to trained for you sooner rather than later! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • I had a dream last night that I had the baby and as I was leaving the hospital, I realized I didn't do anything in my plan that I wanted to. Never did skin to skin, never nursed, (she didn't eat af all) she immediately got a bath and they clipped her cord right away. I was disappointed on the others but I was really torn up that we didn't do skin to skin and I was worried that we would have trouble nursing because we hadn't tried in 3 days.

in other news, my dog is about to start sleeping in the living room. Or get strangled in the middle of the night...one of the two. I was up for 3 hours last night because he has summer allergies and itches like a mofo. Anyone have a secret to end this??? We've done Benadryl in the past but we have to give it to him again in the middle of the night if we want to keep sleeping. I want to strangle him.
  • RedMarRedMar member
    @MrsVoorhees stupid question maybe but are you sure it isn't fleas? And yes to the dog sleeping in a different location if it means better rest for you!!

In my case, I found out awhile ago that I'm allergic to dog dander so she has not been allowed upstairs since and I've noticed a world of difference with my own allergies. I also go through immunotherapy shots once a week.
  • @MrsVoorhees my dog is the same way with the itching all summer long. It is really annoying in the middle of the night and I have to get up to take her collars off because of the jingle. We try to bathe her once a week in an oatmeal based shampoo and occasionally do Benadryl. I can't say for sure if any of it really helps
  • @RedMar yeah, he has summer skin allergies :( He's a bichon and I guess white haired dogs commonly have skin allergies. I think he's allergic to grass. We used to get him steroid shots but they only work for about a week and it's  really expensive to do them often. We've tried sensitive skin food, vitamins, shampoos, frequent baths, Claritin and Benadryl....I think the only thing left is allergy shots and I'm not doing that. 
  • ashtasht member
    The vet has a spray that might help. We have a dog that is so bad she's partly bald and usually a bloody mess if we don't keep up with the spray. She has food allergies and summer stuff so it's all year fun for us
  • @MrsVoorhees I have a Jack Russell with half wired hair. What I do to help with his skin irritation is a keep his hair really short in summer and I give him fish oil pills twice a day. It took a while for the fish oil to work but his coat is much softer now. I also swear by head and shoulders!  
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Trapped in a car with H for 3.5 hours. He has been a giant ball of negativity all weekend. Fx I don't throat punch him.
  • @MrsVoorhees my dog was driving me INSANE the last few days too.

Our dog's new thing- he will not rest on our room, where he always sleeps. He got into the bathroom garbage, then chewed a foot file, idk what's up with him. He always tries for the garbage but he never just chews things. And he's been trying to eat the plants in the yard, so then he throws up. Last night I got one freaking hour of sleep because he was restless, pacing the apartment, then throwing up, then just had to go out, then more throwing up, then more going out, and he refused to even try to sleep in our room- would only lay down and relax in our living room. What the heck is that about? UGH! He did this two nights ago and DH took care of him, and we cleaned up after him together. Then the next night he was just restless but not sick. Last night was the worst, and now he's sleeping like a baby and acting totally fine. *sigh* Bland diet time for this little fuzz, and he's getting cooped up in one room when we're not home to avoid him eating anything weird. Furr-turd.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SarahDarah333 so gross thing, one time my dog was acting like that and then like 3 days later he puked up a tampon. I always keep a little bag in my trash that I throw them in that week because we had plumbing issues in an old duplex we used to live in due to tampons. I guess he got into that bag and ate one, I never knew he did until
    he puked it up. It was soooooo gross.
  • @SarahDarah333 so gross thing, one time my dog was acting like that and then like 3 days later he puked up a tampon. I always keep a little bag in my trash that I throw them in that week because we had plumbing issues in an old duplex we used to live in due to tampons. I guess he got into that bag and ate one, I never knew he did until
    he puked it up. It was soooooo gross.
    OMG I am dying- we had a similar problem with mine when he was younger! Except he ate the tampon (swallowed it whole) and then it got stuck coming out- so I had to pull it out the other end. Why are dogs so freaking gross sometimes?? I know he hasn't eaten a tampon lately, but who knows what else he got into in that garbage. I'm sure the foot file didn't help either. *sigh*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Question for dog lovers/dog owners: our neighbor has a new dog Thor, a beautiful grey Pitt bull with grey eyes, cute dog. But they keep it locked on their patio, never walk him, I've seen the kids (2 5 year olds) hit the dog and tell him to shut up,  the dog cries and the mom yells out the door shut up. Even when he's out of the patio they tie him to the light post and leave him alone for hours. Is this dog abuse or bad dog parenting? What should I do if anything? 
  • Prof=Mom said:
    Question for dog lovers/dog owners: our neighbor has a new dog Thor, a beautiful grey Pitt bull with grey eyes, cute dog. But they keep it locked on their patio, never walk him, I've seen the kids (2 5 year olds) hit the dog and tell him to shut up,  the dog cries and the mom yells out the door shut up. Even when he's out of the patio they tie him to the light post and leave him alone for hours. Is this dog abuse or bad dog parenting? What should I do if anything? 
    Abuse. especially allowing children to hit the dog. He will eventually snap on those kids. Bad situation