Pregnant after IF
Options

18wks & Still Scared

I'm new to this forum. For the past few years,  I'd come here to read success stories to give me hope. My husband and I dealt with MFI for 3 years before finally getting our miracle. We were planning on finally giving up and going through with IVF this August, but we got lucky. We were told a 0% chance on our own, but we did it. That being said, I've been terrified every single day since I found out. Scared something is going to go wrong because for so long, things were wrong. Anyone else feel this way? It's really putting a damper on the entire pregnancy. 

Re: 18wks & Still Scared

• Options
    Hi @laball11! Welcome and congratulations on your little wonder!

Im 19weeks and still worry. Some days I worry less then others. I just had an ultrasound, so I'm a little less worried at the moment, which is such a wonderful feeling.

I don't have any tips on how to stop the worrying part, as I still caught myself doing so. But I try to believe that this is my turn, I've gotten this far and I'll make it to the finish line.
    And when I worry too much and need to calm down, I book a private ultrasound, they don't come cheap, but take the stress off! I had two of those in between my regular check ups and worked wonders.
    I also have a doppler, which I use every other Sunday or less. It gives me a little piece of mind.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Hi there ! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and feel the same way . Like @tvh1982 said I also worry some days more than others . I've experienced a loss and had some bleeding scares so it's hard for me to relax . But each day I just say out loud "I am pregnant and it is a miracle " to remind myself that this is real . I also go to a prenatal yoga class that helps me mentally connect to this pregnancy . I always leave feeling less anxious and more like things will actually work out . Hang in there mama ! I think the worry is just normal after what we have been through . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there ! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and feel the same way . Like @tvh1982 said I also worry some days more than others . I've experienced a loss and had some bleeding scares so it's hard for me to relax . But each day I just say out loud "I am pregnant and it is a miracle " to remind myself that this is real . I also go to a prenatal yoga class that helps me mentally connect to this pregnancy . I always leave feeling less anxious and more like things will actually work out . Hang in there mama ! I think the worry is just normal after what we have been through . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !