March 2016 Moms
Options

Vaginal pain 4 months pp?

Is anyone else still experiencing vaginal pain 4 months from delivery? I have not had sex yet but I am in severe pain trying to use tampons. I'm having to use pads which isn't the end of the world but is this normal to be in pain still? I had an appointment with the dr at about 8 weeks pp and when I told her this she just said, well u just had a baby. This is my third baby and I never experienced this before. It feels like I'm pulling a tampon covered in shards of glass out of my vagina. My baby is 17 weeks old. I'll likely make an appt soon but just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this. 

Re: Vaginal pain 4 months pp?

• Options
    Sorry no advice but following as i have the same thing. 
  • Options
    myla14myla14 member
    I had that during sex for almost a year pp with baby 1 - like, is this condom coated in barbed wire for some reason??? pain. OB also had nothing to say other than breastfeeding hormones causing dryness, but to me it felt more like nerve pain or scar tissue or something. Both the location (internal) and quality of the pain were different than I would have expected with an episiotomy scar only. So, short answer, don't know what it was, but it went away eventually. Still no sex after baby 2, hoping it will be better this time but not too motivated to find out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm nursing, and I'm definitely experiencing that pain too. It's been off and on since giving birth 3 months ago. Still I could be walking across the room or sitting on the couch and just have that stinging-type pain in my lady bits. Some days it's 1 or 2 times an hour for a bit, some days- nothing. I'll be getting an annual exam in a couple months so I'll probably ask the Dr. then, but my guess is dryness.