Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend randoms!

kelseyrayaykelseyrayay member
edited June 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
So what's everyone up to this weekend? EDIT:my gif wouldn't post right

Re: Weekend randoms!

• Loading the player...
  • @krisnicole23 I am so doing the same haha

Besides drink and OITNB, we are having our weekly game night (because we are huge tabletop game geeks) and our lovely trip to Costco... Always a nightmare haha

DH: 29 Myself: 26
    Married November 2012
    DD: Born Dec 7 2014
  • I posted this elsewhere, but I am posting here too because I need opinions on if I am crazy or not. 
    Guys, My DH is being crazy. His sister is getting married September 29 (our anniversary, but that's a whole different story). It's a Thursday this year which is hugely inconvenient. I can easily get time off of work and was planning on flying down to LV, NV Wednesday and leaving back home Sunday. I've been keeping my eye on flights and today they are $150 for two adults round-trip! AMAZING! So I tell my DH I want to get tickets and he tells me he doesn't want to go till Friday, the day after her wedding and fly back Sunday. Uhm, seriously? So he would miss the wedding and basically just be there to say "hi" to them (since they aren't leaving on honeymoon till Monday). He is finishing up nursing school, so I get that he has classes, but he can skip one day (he only has classes Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays). I know he only has a limited number he can miss, but I'm only asking for one day. He can suck it up late if he gets sick. This is his freaking sister. I told him he could do whatever he wanted but since I had the time I was going down Wednesday. At least one of us should be there on the actual day. He got all mad that I wasn't "waiting" for him. Whatever. Then he told me he wanted to fly out from our city (instead of a larger, metro area that I planned to fly out of and where the cheaper flights are) and then he would fly back with me to the metro area. I checked, one way from our tiny city is 150! Plus the extra ~50  for the return flight with me. And he thinks this is acceptable! I don't. His choices mean we are paying a ton and he would only be there for two days! Not even a full two days, because the flight arrives late Friday evening and departs 1200 Sunday morning. So a day. one day. For $200. He is only working part time since he is a student, so I will be having to pay for this and I don't want to. I think it's crazy!
    Am I crazy???
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @linzrunz
    Exactly! It's pointless. I get that he wants to visit and say hi to everyone since all the family will be in town, but geesh. 

His mom and dad do live in Germany, so they will be in LV, so that might play a part in it, since they aren't exactly a quick flight away normally... but, really? one day is still not worth it.
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @TheJerilu I'm mildly upset that you did not use the word "wrasslin", but have fun!
  • @Maggie1202 That is so sweet to go on a date with your dad. What team are you going to see? I used to always take my dad out on dates just because. I should probably start doing that again...hmm...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KristoB I agree with you. DH is being cray cray. If school is REALLY an issue than I guess it's understandable. But I feel like getting that one day as an exception for his sisters wedding probably wouldn't be that difficult to swing. Tell him to hop off the crazy train and come back to reality! It seems insane to spend extra money to go down after the wedding has already happened. At that point you might as well not go at all. 

@Schumerator I think what I love most about that story is the fact that your DH assumed everyone should have a favorite pizza roll memory since he has one.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @Schumerator I don't have a specific pizza roll memory, but I remember always going to my BFFs house after school and eating pizza rolls almost every day. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @Schumerator haha that's funny. He sounds like my DH. 
  • izza2izza2 member
    @KristoB - Did he actually give a reason on why he didn't want to go down on Wednesday? Does he have a project/paper/etc. due? Something else? All school is important and has rules, but Nursing school tends to be more strict. My school's rules were 3 days, and after that, if the teacher wants to fail you for missing class, they can with no questions asked. Whether you got 100s on everything or not. Being in Nursing school, I can understand not wanting to miss class unless absolutely necessary. God forbid he needed those number of days he could miss for an actual emergency.
    I guess my thoughts would depend on his reasoning for not wanting to leave Wednesday. If it's because of something school related, I can understand where he's coming from and empathize and may think he's being reasonable.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I have to be an adult tomorrow and clean and do yard work. Gross.  I wanted to take the kids to the aquarium because we have an annual membership and haven't gone since we bought it.  I am hoping we can maybe do that in the afternoon.  Sunday we will celebrate my H and both our dads.  I think we will stop by his dad's first and end up at my parents after to swim and eat.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @NamelessAria You do have a valid point. There is the one-day rule for clinical, which is what he would be missing. I think it irritates me more that he doesn't want me to go and that he wants to go Friday. I would think he wouldn't bother since he's gonna miss the main even anyway. And why can't I go early???? 

@AliciaGoose exactly! Why even bother going after the fact? So dumb. I get that they have strict rules, but it's his only sibling! I just can't believe he's totally fine with missing it.

@izza2 his point was because he has clinical Thursday. but that's the only day he'd miss so it's so crazy to me. I get that he can only miss once but it's his freaking sister's wedding! And even if he can't, he still seems to have a big problem with me going early. Ugh. 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• I have a baby shower today. My other friend and I split the cost and bought the high chair. It is huge, and sitting unwrapped in my living room. Any ideas on wrapping this bad boy?? Can I get away with just bows or something?

the rest of the weekend I don't have much going on. I'm getting my nails done this morning and tomorrow working from m living room and doing laundry. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SandwichLover I think a big bow is appropriate if its not boxed. 
  • @housewifehobbyist it is still in the box though unfortunately. I didn't know if I should take it out in case she needed to return it even though it was on her registry. I may just go to Michaels and get a big bow to wrap round the middle. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 1. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!! 2. I'm sorry I don't have any advice about extensions because I don't have any experience with them 3. Same, especially at the end of the school year! When I get home I'm like please just let me sit here and veg out and not do or think about anything and 4. You reminded me that another thing I want to do today is get my hair cut! 

@SandwichLover Is it possible to do one of those giant gift bags so that she can't see what it is but you don't have to attempt to wrap it?
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @SandwichLover I'd go with a big bow. I'm sure she won't be mad if it's not wrapped. 

@mrsdaddario so sorry about your tough day. I hope today is wonderful for you
  •  @NYTino24 Your hair looks great!! 

@mrsdaddario Ooo enjoy your day!! Burgers sound great right now.

DH is home after being gone for a week for work - so that's extra nice. :) This weekend is comicpalooza - a comic-con/sci-fi con. I don't really know how it happened, (I think a friend knows somebody) but there is belly dancing at the con and they have performances and lessons. Some of my students are dancing today - my choreography! It's super cool to think that something I made gets to be shared with the 'world' through some great ladies. It's also pretty special because it's the first full length choreography I've made. I get to go and watch them this evening - pretty stoked. 
  • @MelissaM090 I know the struggle. My kid just started sleeping good at night. So I wake up every single time he used to wake up and I'm up for what feels like forever. Haha 
  • @MelissaM090 I have the same problem! I wake up at 5:30 to temp and for work most days. On the weekends once my temp alarm goes off I can maybe fall asleep for another hour or hour and a half. DH can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and can stay asleep easily. Today after I made that post about being awake early, I actually fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 9:30 when DH came back from the dog park and had the dog jump all over me! 

Glad you were able to get that extra sleep in!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • We're having a pretty relaxing weekend: oil change for my car, laundry, and we got the pup a frisbee last night, so H is trying to teach him to catch it. It's actually a pretty comical scene in my back yard. Church tomorrow and then to the in-laws for Fathers Day. My dad ended up sick this weekend, so we're going to celebrate with him next weekend. 

All this hair talk makes me want to make some kind of change. My hair is dark brown and a little longer than shoulder length, and naturally curly, although I straighten it almost every day. Maybe I'll go back to curly for a while...
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2016
    @AliciaGoose and @hezzer78 Thanks!
    @mrsdaddario NY is for Yankees. I'm a Jersey girl so I guess the wanting bigger hair fits the stereotype...haha. But we do have Sally and I was going to try there or Harmon. PS sorry about your dog!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility