January 2016 Moms

4 month sleep regression

1235»

Re: 4 month sleep regression

• I'm quite jealous you can put him in his crib and he can talk himself to sleep. Mine goes in her crib and she freaks after a minute. How was last night @Cricket99
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @teachmegs817 we just started leap 5 over here plus first tooth so I will keep you guys updated! I can say naps are near impossible haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • kaym6 said:
    @teachmegs817 we just started leap 5 over here plus first tooth so I will keep you guys updated! I can say naps are near impossible haha 
    Knock on wood the only thing consistant right now are nap. But Id trade naps for a good night sleep ha. 
  • @cali1710 last night was good! We are 3 for 3 nights on sleeping through to 5 or later! I'm hoping it keeps going. I think he hit the 4 month leap a little later and we are finally through it!
  • Cricket99 said:
    @cali1710 last night was good! We are 3 for 3 nights on sleeping through to 5 or later! I'm hoping it keeps going. I think he hit the 4 month leap a little later and we are finally through it!
    I'm beyond jealous. She was horribleeer last night. Like words cant even describe how horrible. And shes fighting her nap currently. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @cali1710 I hope you get to keeps naps AND get some nighttime sleep... You've earned it thats for sure!!! 
  • kaym6 said:
    @cali1710 I hope you get to keeps naps AND get some nighttime sleep... You've earned it thats for sure!!! 
    Well today naps got derailed. She falls asleep in my arms and looses her mind the second I even bend over to put her down. I need the regression to end. 
  • klbhklbh member
    I don't want to jinx it, but three nights in a row now he's fallen asleep on his own in his crib! This was after very slight sleep training (letting him fuss and attempt self-soothing for five minutes at a time before going in to soothe him). The first three nights it took about 40 minutes total (not 40 minutes of crying), the next three nights about 20-25, and the last three... zero. Please don't be faking me out, kid. 
  • 3 days left in leap 4 and finally saw some improvement the last 3 nights! Slept 8:30-2:30 last night (longest stretch he's ever done), then back to sleep until 6:30 and up for the day at 8:15. He was previously up every 2-3 hours and it took at least an hour to go to bed every night. Praying it sticks!! Good luck to all of you!!
  • @cali1710 if it makes you feel better his naps today have been god awful! One distraction after another and once he startles he's up until the next one  :#
  • I think I am going through some sort of regression.  We started him sleeping in his crib in his own room a week ago, and the first two nights were ok, then Sunday was ROUGHHHH and I just ended up putting him in bed with us.  Monday and Tuesday were unbelievably fantastic...and then the last two nights have been terrible.  He will wake up every hour and a half or so, fussing and wiggling around until he is fully awake.  I have given up and brought him into bed.  My husband is firm in that he absolutely does not want any CIO method, so I am thinking we are going to do the pick up, put down method, which we kind of already are anyways.

We will see what tonight will bring.  My lo is 20 weeks today so maybe it is passing....
  • kaym6 said:
    We just got out of leap 4.  Leap 5 is in a couple of weeks. DS is 6 months, but working off of adjusted age, so we're behind the rest of the D15 moms who have already been through this.  He is teething though.  The last 2 days have been pretty rocky.  He only napped maybe 2 1/2 hours today.  He usually gets 4-4 1/2.  

I bought the nighttime teething tablets.  A lot of the women on the FB group I am apart of, said those were a god send. We've also been giving him some Tylonol 3x a day, during morning, afternoon, before bed. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Yesterday little man fell asleep in his crib for 2 naps and at bedtime in his crib with NO rocking needed. He went in drowsy but awake and fell asleep on his own... Then proceeded to have his worst night of sleep in months! Wtf! 
  • Yay on the falling asleep on his own!  Eek about the sleeping. Itll get better!
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @cali1710 could be his teeth OR he's also in leap 5 so who knows these babies are all over the place luckily they're super cute! Lol are things finally getting any better for you? 
  • @kaym6 yes and no. Shes going to bed easier. But still wakes at least once. Sometimes twice in the night. Takes us still 2 hours to get her back to sleep when she wakes which is brutal. I can handle the wake ups if she went back down easier. Naps are still shit. I don't get more ten half an hour unless shes in her stroller. But that takes 45 min of walking and I cant do that 3-4 times a day... Ugh. Babies. Itll get better eventually... Right?! Like you said.. At least they are cute. She isnt teething yet so I cant blame that haha. Hope tonight is better for you!!
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @cali1710 right!!! It's knowing that once I go in ill have to be in there essentially forever until he falls back asleep that makes it miserable haha 
  • nackienackie member
    We went straight from 4 month regression into teething.  There was one night of good sleep in between.  And DH is so reluctant to give the poor little guy Tylenol.
  • Naps are brutal!  I mean it literally takes me almost an hour to get a half hour nap out of her  and during that hour she cries, screams, rips the pacifier out of her mouth. I'm hoping this passes soon! She also cut her 2 bottom teeth already which I'm sure contributes to the awful sleep.