July 2016 Moms

wtf wednesday 06/15

2»

Re: wtf wednesday 06/15

• The sad thing is that I wasn't even pregnant when it happened!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Ive been at the dentist office for almost a freaking hour waiting for my appointment. She's with another patient that is taking FOR. EV. ER. I'm fairly confident that this is going to be the last time I come to this practice. 
  • Loading the player...
  • LilLambieLilLambie member
    edited June 2016

TW: Don't read if you are on track for a big baby.

@mdmomma1217 my mum pissed herself laughing when I told her that Bean was on track to being huge. My brother was 12 pounds and he absolutely ruined her vagina and pelvic floor (she's had to have a hysterectomy because her uterus was falling out of her vagina, and is currently waiting for surgery to put her bowels put back in place because they are currently falling out of her butt). She at least got 2 little babies first (my sister and I were both 6 pounds) before he ruined her, so she thinks it's hilarious that my first might be that big.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• LilLambie said:
    @mdmomma1217 my mum pissed herself laughing when I told her that Bean was on track to being huge. My brother was 12 pounds and he absolutely ruined her vagina and pelvic floor (she's had to have a hysterectomy because her uterus was falling out of her vagina, and is currently waiting for surgery to put her bowels put back in place because they are currently falling out of her butt). She at least got 2 little babies first (my sister and I were both 6 pounds) before he ruined her, so she thinks it's hilarious that my first might be that big.
    Oh dear god. Whyyyyyyy would you put this on a board full of pregnant women, some of which are expecting big babies!?! Gah! 
  • LilLambie said:
    Oh dear god. Whyyyyyyy would you put this on a board full of pregnant women, some of which are expecting big babies!?! Gah! 
    I really could have done without reading that story. Kind of along the lines of what I was discussing with my midwife. I tore with my first, and my fear is it's going to be even worse with this LO given he's consistently measuring big. Just some more things to give me anxiety about!
  • LilLambieLilLambie member
    edited June 2016

Opps sorry guys. She didn't tear at least.

ETA: I'm fairly certain they wouldn't let you deliver a 12 pounder anymore. And she didn't do any pelvic floor exercises which probably would have helped her a lot.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• DH's grandma (fraternal) and mom both delivered multiple 11-12lb, 24"+/- babies and neither one's ute or anus has fallen out. So there is hope.

Although said grandma insists on reminding me every single time I see her that their family has BIG babies, so I might almost feel like a failure if this baby comes out "normal" sized.
  • Nerdchild said:
    @thepen15ismighty If 19 cars drive through a tunnel with 10 feet of clearance then the tunnel can still do its job. However, it only takes one drunken idiot with a 13 foot tall semi to wreck the shit out of that tunnel.

Horrible analogy for a birth horror story or an explanation of Bay Area traffic problems?

Spoiler alert: Both. 
    there's a bridge somewhere that kind of gives a nice visual for this, it's been on the news multiple times because trucks forget about the height. It's like watching a can opener.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• I wasn't a huge baby (just under 9 pounds) but my mom broke her tailbone and I was born with a broken collarbone. My DD was almost 9 pounds, I just had tearing and didn't have to deal with broken bones!
  • LilLambie said:

Opps sorry guys. She didn't tear at least.

ETA: I'm fairly certain they wouldn't let you deliver a 12 pounder anymore. And she didn't do any pelvic floor exercises which probably would have helped her a lot.

@LilLambie I was just gonna say to all the people freaking out about your story (your poor mom) - I think it's fairly likely in this day and age that your doctors/midwives would pick up on a problem before that level of damage is done, and recommend a c-section. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I would assume
  • Nerdchild said:
    @thepen15ismighty If 19 cars drive through a tunnel with 10 feet of clearance then the tunnel can still do its job. However, it only takes one drunken idiot with a 13 foot tall semi to wreck the shit out of that tunnel.

Horrible analogy for a birth horror story or an explanation of Bay Area traffic problems?

Spoiler alert: Both. 
    This cracked me up.

I'm grateful for my upcoming scheduled c-section
  • eymieymi member
    Aaaaaand I stand by my statement. I will not birth this baby. He better be magical and teleport the hell out. 
    I told FH's boss that my baby is just gonna magically appear, with a little *ding* and a flourish. My understanding is that the story has been repeated in his workplace several times.
  • Hahaha! One of my coworkers has said she's waiting to have babies until the cabbage patch land is developed and she can pick her newborn up after the growing period is over. Or she said she's insisting on a C-sec. Can you do that?!? Apparently the birthing process really terrifies some people!!! 
  • TiffRox81 said:
    Hahaha! One of my coworkers has said she's waiting to have babies until the cabbage patch land is developed and she can pick her newborn up after the growing period is over. Or she said she's insisting on a C-sec. Can you do that?!? Apparently the birthing process really terrifies some people!!! 

Just google "elective c-section". I have no idea how you find a doc that will let you have one if there is zero medical need,  but apparently they are out there! 
  • TiffRox81 said:
    Hahaha! One of my coworkers has said she's waiting to have babies until the cabbage patch land is developed and she can pick her newborn up after the growing period is over. Or she said she's insisting on a C-sec. Can you do that?!? Apparently the birthing process really terrifies some people!!! 
    Haha. I used to say I'm waiting for the stork to drop mine off.  I used to be terrified of the birthing process but after getting pregnant, the fear went away.  Don't know if it's ignorance or that since then, I've spoken to a few other women who had really positive birth experiences or just God's mercy. :smile: But whatevs - I'm rolling with it!
  • eymieymi member
    @rlopezlavalle That's pretty much my mindset. It's going to happen no matter what, so I'm not going to spend a lot of energy worrying about it beforehand. I feel pretty well educated and informed and that's the best I can do.
  • Yeah I had a friend who assumed it was a choice between c section and vaginal birth and asked which one I was choosing to do