Pregnant after IF

**2nd Trimester - Week of June 13th**

PiperellaPiperella member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!
@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 bean!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 bean!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 bean!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

Congrats to @Alyeena who has graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: What is one thing that you have learned about pregnancy that you never knew before?  Did you have any misconceptions that make you laugh now that you are into your 2nd trimester?

Re: **2nd Trimester - Week of June 13th**

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Hello all , hope everyone is doing well ?
    I am 18 weeks today and nothing much is happening for me. My only complaint/symptom is that I have been feeling tired again, it had stopped by the end of first trimester but I have been feeling exhausted again. The work has been busy and I could not relax much last three weekends and my sleeps are so light lately. I wake up so many times at night. I hope they are the reasons of my exhaustion. I started to worry whether I am having anemia. 
    QOTW: I am one of the last person who is pregnant among my friends/cousins etc, so I think I had heard everything about pregnancy before :) But before reading the pregnancy books, I had not appreciated how much body needs to adapt to carry the little one , even at early weeks.
  • Hello ladies!
    Im 18+3 today, and just like you @zoefer I am exhausted! It just suddenly really hit me.
    Still doing the whole nausea/vommiting thing..but it's now only once a day or skips a day. 
    Don't eat dinner as warm food taste horrible and I've been eating meats/craving it...which as a vegetarian is horrible!
    I'll have two appointments this week, Thursday and Friday. Not sure why. But might be an extra check due to the extreme morning sickness I had, as I am joining a study or because they need to keep a close eye on my cervix as that one has been shorted due to pre-stage cancer.
    I'll let them suprised me. And as long as I see my wee one I am happy :)

QOTW: Uhm...no one told me how sick one could be, how vivid your dreams could be (se my random question) or why I suddenly get a furry belly. 
    Feel like women are mean to leave out all the bad side effects :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! This is the first post over here and I'm so exited to join you ladies. Today I am 14w2d with one bean. We did NIPT last week so we should find out the sex either this week or next! Ever since hitting 12 weeks I have started to feel like a normal human again. I luckily don't have too many symptoms to complain of right now.

QOTW: I never knew how totally exhausting the first trimester would be and I totally thought cravings and aversions were "all in your head", NOPE!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• @tvh1982 I've had some weird dreams, but now that I'm thinking about them, I can't remember them. I wake up thinking whatever it was I was dreaming was real. 

I had the follow up to my anatomy scan today at 21 weeks, 6 days. Little snowflake is measuring a little bit small at 21 weeks. I'm ok with a little small. I'm sure she'll grow, but smaller side of normal being pushed out in a few months is totally ok with me!  My ob gave me the instructions for my glucose test in 5 weeks and now there is a bottle or orange weirdness sitting g in my fridge waiting for me. 

QOTW: my misconception about pregnancy was I thought I would be bigger by now. I'm plus sized to begin with, and when people see me they say I look great, but wouldn't know I was pregnant if they didn't already know. I have a lot of mixed feelings about that. I also didn't realize how freaking hard it can be to breathe and bend over! DH now has to clean the bathtub, I get too short of breath!
  • @kennelchick that is so true!! I'm tired of being breathy like Marilyn Monroe when I have to pick up something from the floor. 
  • Hi ladies! This week I'm scheduled to have the fetal echo done. Aside from that all is well. I'm noticing that it's getting difficult for me bend to down to pick up things that I drop on the floor. Almost to the point where I think I'll just leave it  :)
    @erica0901welcome to second tri!

QOTW: I can relate to @kennelchick. At almost 22 weeks I assumed my stomach would have popped out by now. I'm plus size as well and it just seems as if I've gained weight. 
  • Heyyyyy 2nd tri ladies !!  I am currently 17 weeks. My next appointment isn't until my anatomy scan at 20 weeks . Overall I'm just feeling very tired and a little on the moody side . I can't believe how far I am though . I am so grateful that I am still bleed free. Also , I thought I felt my little man move last night for the first time . I'm not sure it was him so I am waiting to see if it happens again . I have an anterior placenta so I know I'm less likely to feel movement early but i sure hope I feel real movement soon !!

qotw - I didn't realize that I'm supposed to be sleeping on my side . Sounds silly but I thought I would be able to sleep on my tummy until I got really big . My doc and massage therapist both scolded me for not making the side sleeping transition yet . The last few nights have been rough . 
    @jerseygirl856 I'm only 17 weeks and I'm having a struggle getting up and down off the ground and bending over . I am a pediatric speech therapist so I'm on the floor a lot with little ones and I'm wondering how I'm gonna be when I get big !! 
    @erica0901 yayyyy welcome to second tri ! It's an exciting milestone !! 
    @tvh1982 I'm with you on the random strange dreams . Last night I had a dream that my boss asked me to knit sweaters for everyone in my office . Uh .. What ?! Haha 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Glad you're bleeding free @mskeenan, and better start getting that knitting done ;)

Love to read all the weird dreams :)

Welcome @erica0901 to 2 Tri!

wow almost going to 3rd Tri @chrissym126, the finish line is getting close!

Such a cute shirt @laur2444!

Enjoy reading the QOTW, lots of them I can relate to, but not the belly sleeping @mskeenan.
    Im a belly sleeper and asked my doctor, all he did was smile and said, you may sleep as long on your belly as the baby lets you. (S)he will kick you to your side eventually, until then; sleep tight.
    So at 18+3 I still sleep on my belly, I noticed I slightly move sideways, but that's only milimeters of change. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @mskeenan I'm so happy to hear that things are going well with you and no more bleeding! I'm a back sleeper and I'm trying to get in the habit of side sleeping but my sciatica pain makes that rough. I have an anterior placenta as well but I believe I felt flutters at 18-19wks so it's possible. 
    @laur2444 love that shirt! Enjoy your babymoon in Vegas! 
  • Hi all!  I love your shirt, @laur2444!  I go to see him this Friday!!  I totally get what you mean because I had shirts made up that say "preggers" and such for my WDW trip and I totally was not showing yet.  Oh well.

I have my 24 week appointment on Thursday and I can't wait to see him again.  I'm really starting to show now. Hoping I haven't gained too much in the past four weeks.

QOTW: I didn't realize that the baby would take up so much room and squish my stomach and intestines!  It takes me forever to eat a meal.  I can't even eat a meal with meat, veggies, and starch.. I have to stick with mostly protein so I can get enough nutrients in my meal.  I don't get in as many veggies as I should just because I fill up so darn quickly!  No crazy dreams like some of you ladies, but I might make that a QOTW one of these weeks!
  • Hey! I'm 15 weeks & super boring this week. I have my 2nd MFM appt on Monday & will finish the 2nd part of the sequential screening. I'm hoping they can shed some light on the sex of the baby during the u/s next week rather than having to wait until my week 19 anatomy scan. We'll see!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thank you ladies !!

love the shirt @laur2444
    @capps42613 I had an US at 15 weeks and they were able to see my lil dudes anatomy so hopefully you will find out sooner !! Waiting is hard :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Thanks girls!!! Yes @Piperella I know exactly what you are saying about filling up quickly! A normal meal that we used to eat now leaves me feeling like I'm going to explode. It stinks because I'd love the excuse to eat more but just feel so sick! And enjoy Dave....he was amazing as always!!!
  • Morningstar80Morningstar80 member
    edited June 2016
    Hey ladies. I´m 22w+2d today and this guy is kicking up a storm. My husband and my MIL felt him which was cute. Went to the DRs on Tuesday and everything looks good. Again, my kid was camera shy so no looking at his face but his spinal cord and femur look lovely :D  He weighs about a pound now which is crazy! My bump is quite noticeable and my DR told me to watch my weight as I have gained a little bit more than he would like. So it looks like I need to get more exercise since I´m not eating any more than normal (ok maybe a little more chocolate/ice cream than is necessary). My parents arrive tomorrow from the States so we´ll finally be looking at nursery stuff (my husband and I really have no clue how to decorate and my mom is a pro). 

QOTW: I am surprised at how my IBS has magically seemed to clear up. I used to have horrible weeks where my stomach hated me but it seems that being squished and the mix of hormone has made it clear up (for now). I can eat anything and not feel bad. I hope it stays this way after our LO arrives!
  • Yay @tvh1982 ! That is wonderful . I'm glad you don't have to worry about the placenta now . Congrats mama !! Happy happy Friday ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Congratulations @erica0901

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @tvh1982 wonderful news ! a great start to the weekend :)
    Congrats on the healthy little boy @erica0901!!!
  • Hello everyone! Our gender reveal was the 12th and we are having one boy and one girl. I turn 21 weeks on Monday. We bought our first clothes today! We also got a lot of diapers from the reveal. Yesterday I had a  little scare! I am a nurse so I was squatting to help this patient and I was squishing baby B. I was in horrible pain when I got up! Omg I have never felt that before and I was even more worried when baby B didn't move for a while. She is back active today but I will never do it again. Our next doctor appointments aren't until the 27 and 30th ugh! I want to see them now again now! Now I am trying to decide on a baby shower theme. Maybe two peas in a pod? Also I am looking for a nursery theme. I am liking the gray and pale yellow chevron theme. We are in an apt so maybe wall decals are best. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. 

I did not know that you could get nose bleeds while pregnant! I sneezed yesterday and wiped blood all over my face ew! I was also laying down so it went in my mouth! Ugh it was so gross! 

I didn't have any misconceptions that I can think of at the moment! 

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • Yay @erica0901 congrats on your low risk results and your boy !!!

@sassyd7 congrats to you !! A boy and a girl ? !!!! That is so awesome . I'm sorry about your scare but glad your babes are ok . I squat and bend down a lot with my patients at work (I'm a pediatric speech therapist ) so I feel your pain !! Take care of yourself lady !!

**BFP and loss warning**

• @erica0901 congrats on low risk team blue!!

@sassysd7 one of each! Congrats!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi everyone! I have finally moved over to this group. Spent the last couple of weeks overwhelmed by family visits and migraines (not a good combo). Not much to report, I am 15 weeks and starting to feel a little better. So great hearing everyone's news!!
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • Welcome @kuposa17!
    Migraines are the worse. Hope they'll stay away!