October 2016 Moms
Options

Happiness Thread *Week of 6/12*

What happy things are going on in your life??

Re: Happiness Thread *Week of 6/12*

• Options
    Even though I procrastinated the most important thing on my to do list, I did get most of the nursery painted, finished up my garden, went shopping with my stepmom and got most of the decor for the baby shower, and am now eating a mass quantity of watermelon. I'd call this a successful weekend. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I got a lot of house stuff done yesterday (organizing the basement, paint samples up in the nursery, yard work). Today I made a yummy brunch (egg casserole and @simcal18's French toast casserole recipe THANK YOU!), and then we took the dog to the park for a really nice walk exploring an area we haven't been to yet. It was so nice to get out and just spend some time with DH and puppy :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrszoess OMG, now I want cake.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    @ashleymn believe it or not that was just boxed divided into 5 cups, dyed, and globbed randomly in a pan. so. easy. 
  • Options
    @mrszoess I was just reading their thread! Makes me so happy.

@books&icecream Congrats on the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup! My DH is thrilled :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I almost feel like this should be my FFFC, but I ate both my kids candy necklaces out of a birthday party goodie bag they got. I don't feel any guilt, it made me happy to eat all that candy cause I do not buy it. 
    I was trying to justify a reason as to why I didn't share, but I am so bad I can't even think of one. :-/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Even though I procrastinated the most important thing on my to do list, I did get most of the nursery painted, finished up my garden, went shopping with my stepmom and got most of the decor for the baby shower, and am now eating a mass quantity of watermelon. I'd call this a successful weekend. 
    You go! It would probably take me a week and a weekend to accomplish that much. Two toddlers in tow makes things take way longer.
  • Options
    @LGW2015 You read my mind! PITTSBURGH WINS THE STANLEY CUP!! I feel so far away from all of the excitement, but the European Soccer Cup just started and Germany crushed in their first game just a few hours before the Pens triumphed.
    Also, there have been sooo many thunderstorms here recently! It's bad because some people have gotten hurt but I LOVE thunderstorms and they almost never happen in central Europe so I'm going to enjoy it ;)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    Me and DH were able to get away for a night up to Kittery, ME for some shopping and amazing seafood on Saturday. I scored some GREAT deals at the Motherhood outlet. It was nice to just have a night away from everyone and everything. It's been crazy and nonstop for over a month and we needed a small break. No big trips this year, so we are happy with nights away till the baby arrives.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    I'm happy it's Monday this is not the average response I know but my sons in school my daughters in daycare and I get to do nothing all day 
  • Options
    SO got so much done in the room this weekend-without me asking.  We went to Sherwin Williams to get paint samples. All I asked was for him to put the samples on the wall and he ended up painting the whole room and picking out the most perfect curtains.  At first I was so nervous that I would hate the colors he went with, but he had help from the paint people and it turned out so perfect!!! I am so relieved and less stressed!
  • Options
    Kc0825Kc0825 member
    I'm super pumped about this week. Yesterday I finished knitting my blanket I was making for our son. He was excited. Wednesday we have our ultrasound to see the baby and hopefully find out what we are having. Saturday is my son's 3rd birthday party. So we have so much to do for that. And Sunday is his birthday and father's day. So we are going to the zoo and getting froyo. YAH! have a great week everyone! 
  • Options
    I get to see my LO tomorrow and I am so excited and happy!

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    Better watch it, @navarronine, Manuel Neuer 2.0 is 23 weeks under construction in my belly. Although edition 
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    My boys we're going for Germany as well but come on Christiano Ronaldo .
  • Options
    If I can't have ice hockey at least I get good soccer, right? 

Also, just realized my last post got cut off and I can't remember what I said ;)
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I missed it! What are you studying?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Exam was in my Modern Western Civilization since 1500 course specifically, just one of my several humanities requirements. As a whole, I'm studying Sociology =)@Michi1382 I don't know that I've ever mentioned my major until now, silly me!
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    @annabenanna That is so awesome! Happy for you!
  • Options
    Thanks @Kaessi!  I wasn't expecting that kind of gift, so it feels nice being surprised like that.  I owe you a review of the glider/recliner!  
  • Options
    My SO is still going bananas on the nursery. 3 coats of paint (we had stripes we needed to cover).. Now he wants to change the antique white trim to a more bright white...which in my book is completely unneccessary..and the ceiling is getting repainted as well. Curtains are up, new rod is up... I feel like I am doing nothing but it is so nice to see how hard he's working. It takes  much off of our to do list :)
  • Options
    Me and the kids all ate our bowls of cereal without any spills of mishaps this morning! There has been one everyday lately and then I'm stuck eating gross warm soggy cereal. 
    Yay for small victories! 
  • Options
    Just felt my baby kick from the outside today! Just happened to have my arm laying on my lap at the right time. Of course I've been feeling the kicks from the inside for weeks, just never been able to put my hand there fast enough
  • Options
    I just was trying on clothes and realized my usually-too-small butt looks pretty amazing
  • Options
    FRENCH. TOAST.
  • Options
    Watermelon Italian ice
  • Options
    klvklv member
    DH and DD went riding go-karts last night. No pregnant ladies.....booooo. But I watched them go round and round the track and the look of joy on DDs face was so precious. She was loving every second of it!  I'm going to have a speed deamon on my hands!!
  • Options
    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!