February 2016 Moms

Work, Exercise, Time with Baby

How do you ladies fit it all in?   I was contemplating joining a gym I could walk to at lunch so that I can add some exercise back into my routine.  My issue is my job requires around 45 hours a week of work on a slow week, so I've just been working through lunch so that I can leave on time to pick up DD1 from daycare.   I don't really want to work from home in the evenings and our evenings feel busy by the time we get home at six, play, eat, and then do our bedtime routine.   I loathe exercising, but I know I need to do it.  haha  Anyone else struggling with this?  

Re: Work, Exercise, Time with Baby

• Yes!  50hr work week plus commute means by the time I'm home all I want to do is hang out with DD before bedtime.  Then once she's out, I'm ready to crash.  I keep saying I'll start running again just can't find the balance yet...
  • lilqt3929lilqt3929 member
    edited June 2016
    Oh yes! Its a struggle daily to try to fit everything in and some days/weeks are better than others thats for sure. I'm a SAHM and I still can't seem to fit everything in. I joined a gym with a daycare but my toddler cries when we leave her and also recently has been sick so we haven't gone as a family in a week and a half. All you can do is fit things in when you can, take an evening walk/run with baby in stroller if that's all you can do for now or lift weights at home while baby plays on playmat. It just gets more difficult to fit in once they become mobile and toddlers etc. Pick a couple of days during the week to be active and then also on the weekend so you're not struggling to fit so many workouts in during the week. 

ETA : I'm not saying that you should join a gym with daycare just that I have that available to me and I still struggle to get the chance to utilize it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The last thing I want to do is be away from my babe longer than I have to during busy weeks. I'd suggest a home workout video, stroller walks/runs, or investing in a piece of fitness equipment. It's hard to balance it all! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• any free time I have, I just want to nap! So if it's a choice of exercise vs. nap, I choose nap. I know I need to get moving along, but there just isn't near enough time in the day for everything! One day I'll get there. 
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited June 2016
    I struggle every day!!! I try most days when I'm home to take a stroller walk/jog in the morning while DS is asleep in the stroller. But it don't always work out and it's already so hot even at 8am. 
    ETA: I also will hold DS in my arms out in front facing me and lift him up and down for an arm workout, he likes it and sometimes when he's napping I'll hold him and do squats and lunges around the house in circles. 
  • I think I'm going to try to do some zumba videos and wear her in my Tula.  Might be fun...might break my back.  We will see!  
  • I'm just having a hard time because I run but my boobs hurt too much from breastfeeding. I used to wear two sports bras but now even 3 isn't enough. I think I'm honestly going to have to wait until she weans
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited June 2016
    I'm just having a hard time because I run but my boobs hurt too much from breastfeeding. I used to wear two sports bras but now even 3 isn't enough. I think I'm honestly going to have to wait until she weans
    I usually run too, but can't handle the discomfort and bouncing of the milk jugs... that's why I stick to walking and light jogging for now anyways