Single Parents
Options

Dividing things up during break up.

I'm due July 1st with a boy and have a 2 year old little girl. I will be having a c section but After recovery, I will be moving out. We decided to end our 4 year relationship mutually. He's been the provider with money while I was the provider at home. Recently, I got a part time job to help with baby items. We have too many differences, wants, espectations, views, etc that we keep arguing and bumping heads. He wants to still be there for me throughout the moving process and help with rides or anything since ill have a newborn. Not sure if that would be a good idea just for the fact that he might throw something back in my face. One place I don't know where to start is how to split our things or even the bills. Any advice or experience would be great. Thanks ladies. 

Re: Dividing things up during break up.

• Options
    I don't have experience in this at all, however, if he wants to help with moving and rides, I would definitely take him up on it.  If he ends up "throwing something back", then stop.  If he wants to be a good dad, you should let him be a good dad.

What kind of bills/things do you need to split up, if you don't mind me asking?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    gq2016gq2016 member
    After having a talk. It looks like he wants to pay for the bills still since we both know he has a good paying job and I'm the one that will be struggling at first. He also wants me to take anything I want or need from our house, he doesn't want to see me struggle with the kids and knows he can easly replace things within time. I'm surprised that he actually wants to help me out and not fight over anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome.  The key to co-parenting is working together and I'm so glad for you that he seems to get it.  Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers