High-Risk Pregnancy

How soon after stopping progesterone was your baby born?

Hey mama's.. any mama's have stories to share about when they stopped progesterone shots or suppositories and when labour started afterwards? With my first I was only on it for a month or so...I don't remember when I stopped taking it, and I went into labour at 33w3d and had him at 34w0d.
With this one I've been on it the entire time, and I will be stopping at week 34. Just wondering how long afterwards baby may come?

Re: How soon after stopping progesterone was your baby born?

• NeeseyNeesey member
    I'm on Makena and from what I've heard, each shot generally lasts 10 days. I was told to be prepared about a week after my last shot. 
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • I did suppositories with DS, and I went into labor 3 days after stopping them and coming off strict bed rest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks for the reply @skelly70  ... I feel like it will come quick too once I stop them and start getting active again.. my body is going to go into shock from the basic activity haha..I may take it easier a bit longer than the doc recommends..
  • I was on suppositories for short cervix and stopped taking them at 37 weeks. My water broke and I went into labor exactly a week later at 38 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kelly_12 said:
    thanks for the reply @skelly70  ... I feel like it will come quick too once I stop them and start getting active again.. my body is going to go into shock from the basic activity haha..I may take it easier a bit longer than the doc recommends..

Stuck in the quote box...

So true! Basic activities like walking totally exhausted me right after bed rest. When I was in labor, one of the nurses insisted that I go walk the halls and told me not to even think about stopping before I'd been walking for 45 minutes. Uh, sorry lady. My legs were giving out after like 20 minutes. It took weeks to get back to the point where I could consider my activity "exercise."